Disturbia

Can't Be Sorry For Life.

"Can't say I didn't warn him," she excused as she looked up at the commissioner Gordon; he was an older man with graying hair and very vivid eyes.

"Why'd you kill Officer Harlan?" Gordon questioned Disturbia ask he sat down in front of her in the stainless steel chair, staring straight into Disturbia's hazel eyes.

"When he tried to take advantage of my handcuffed predicament, I decided to take the law into my own hands," Disturbia casually explained as she held out her hand as if it would explain to the T how it happened.

"Did he sexually harass you, Miss—"

"Disturbia."

"I'm sure that isn't your God-given name, Disturbia," he cast a knowing glance at Disturbia who smiled and eyed him innocently.

"God given, no. Life given, yes," she nodded her head as she leaned up and took off her leopard printed jacket, setting it against the back of her chair a moment later. "May I have my phone call, Mr. Gordon?"

"Alright," he sighed in defeat as he stood up and walked to the officer against the door, who was protecting Gordon if Disturbia were to attack him. "Give her, her phone call."

And with that he walked out, leaving Disturbia with the black haired man who seemed tense in the room with her. "Are you alright?" she asked in concern as she sat back in her chair, staring intently at the male across the room. "You look, flush."

He stood silent, staring at the wall behind Disturbia. She sighed to herself as she leaned back and waited for her phone call, she waited exactly ten more minutes before she stood up and walked to the two way mirror, she slammed her wrist against the window three times before she groaned in pain, feeling what she thought was a vein explode. "Stop that," the cop behind her demanded.

"I want my phone call," she stared at him with a death glare, hoping it worked.

"Fine," he walked the remaining steps to her and handed his cell phone, she smiled gently and dialed a number quickly and put the phone to her ear.

"Misery, put him on," she knew who Disturbia was talking about, knowing that with her firm demand that it meant business.

"Joker?" she questioned in conformation.

"Yes," she grew aggravated as she waited on the line, soon after the phone was handed off to Dane who ran off to find Joker; the phone was handed to the baboon. "Finally!"

"What now?" Joker sounded even more aggravated than Disturbia sounded, which for some reason caused Disturbia to smile at that.

"Sound happy to hear from me," she started off the conversation with teasing, it seemed appropriate. "I'm in jail with some," she glanced at the officers name tag. "Officer—Harlan watching me, can you get me out of here somehow before I go ballistic?"

She frowned as she looked up at the officer, noticing that both that Harlan and the dead cop looked an awful lot alike, brothers. Just her luck, she was placed in the room with the brother of the guy she killed for grabbing her rear end. "I'll get you out in ten minutes, and please don't make me wait. Get the hell out when I arrive, no exceptions."

"Yeah, I understand, just hurry up please," she closed the phone and handed it back to the officer while she stared into his eyes. "You’re his brother aren't you?"

"Yes," his face remained blank as Disturbia stood there, reeling in her thoughts.

"I'm sorry but life cannot go on without the proper amount of death," she claimed as she frowned. "I'm not sorry about the killing, but I am sorry about it being your brother."

"And I'm sorry that you're not being put in the electric chair," his eyes turned into what seemed like stone as he stepped backwards and walked back to the door.

"Men," she mumbled to herself as she turned around and walked to the steel table chair, as soon as she sat down she sighed to herself and propped her legs up on the table, on one another. "Harlan?"

"What?" he growled as Disturbia's eyes fluttered open, taking in his statue figure by the door.

"Not that I'm complaining or anything because your doing a fine job at being a guard but you may want to get away from the door," she cleared her throat, seeing as she felt her connection to her people grow stronger by the second. One was near.

"No," his sneer told her that whatever she would do, he would defy it at all cost. So trying to save his life from a crushing blow by the door, seemed insane at the least, he wasn't one to listen too much she could tell.

"Are you sure about that?" she questioned once more, just to know she had at least tried.

"Shut up," he growled as he stared her down, in the eyes. She wanted to roll hers but figured that it would enrage him and she didn't have the time to fight the gorilla.

"Okay," she held her hands up in defense as she sat back in her chair, on two feet and waited for her escape team to get there. After a good ten minutes of sitting in the same chair, staring at the same wall while watching the same man out of the corner of her eye, the door was banged on loudly. Both Officer Harlan and Disturbia jumped at the sound, both seemed to wait in anticipation as it was once more banged on.

"What the hell is that?" Harlan asked as he walked in front of Disturbia and held a gun up, Disturbia wasn't sure if it was for his or her protection. It nerved her though because he was ruining a good entry, standing in front of her blocking the way.

"Can you scoot over a little, Officer Harlan?" Disturbia questioned as she moved her hand to gesture a little to the side, the officer only gave a deathly ill glare before turning back around. Disturbia sighed heavily, sure to make him hear her and scooted her chair over to the side so she could see. As soon as she sat back down, the door exploded, sending piece of the hard iron ricocheting all over the place. Harlan dropped to the ground while Disturbia was knocked to the ground.

The whole while Disturbia sat on the ground, nursing her reeling head, Joker walked through the hole in the wall with a face that looked almost bored. "Disturbia, can you hurry up? I thought I said when I arrived not to keep me waiting."

"You blew up the door, I was hit in the head," she snapped as she managed to pull herself up with help of the table. She closed her eyes for a moment and opened them to see blurring images around her. "Maybe you should take me to Misery…" and slowly, she began to fall into darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it has been forever since I've updated, but I recently got back into the writing groove, I've been out of it for awhile. If anyone would like, you can send banners or comments telling me if it any good. I'd appreciate it, you don't have to but I do like it. It gives me something to actually do.

Thanks.

Disturbia

Joker