Status: Still working on it, slowly but surely. It would really make me want to write more of it, if people commented, although, I am very greatful for my readers!

A Tail of Wings

Wings

I woke up the next morning, and rolled over onto my back, to try and fall back to sleep.

“OW!” I said, bolting up right. My shoulder blades were even tenderer than they were the day before. I ambled out of bed, and walked into my conjoined bathroom. I lifted up my shirt, and looked over my shoulder in the mirror. Stating at the middle of my shoulder blades, and going down about 5 inches were identical red up-raised bumps that were about 3/4 of an inch wide. I poked at one experimentally, and grunted at the pain. I looked at my finger, and saw that there was some clear goo on it, like Vaseline, but gooier.

“Ugh.” I said as I wiped it off my finger. I sighed, and got into the shower. The cold water that first came through the tap felt really nice on the bumps. I got out of the shower, and put on my boot cut jeans, and a long sleeved shirt under a structured tank top with buttons on the front. I slipped on my Steve Madden gray suede boots, and walked down the stairs, to see JD sitting in my living room. He saw me, and smiled. I frowned, and took five steps backwards, out of his view. Then I walked back to the living room, again I was confused, I can’t really process things in the morning.

“You’re not in the right house.” I told him as I walked past. He grabbed my arm, and pulled me back to him, wrapping his arms around my lower back, kissing me. I smiled into the kiss, and pulled away.

“Did my mom let you in?” I asked, he nodded, and said, “Yeah, I’m driving you to school.” I nodded, and said, “I have to call my friend Callie though, she’ll be worried if I’m not on the bus.” He nodded, and let go of me, all except for my hand. I smiled, and pulled him along out the door, and over to his car.

When we go to school, JD kissed my forehead, and I got out, walking over to where Callie and Nick were waiting under the covered area. As soon as I got to them, they started bombarding me with questions.

“Who was that?” asked Callie,

“Are you going out?” Nick asked, I shook my head, and told them, “That there’s my husband-to-be.” I said, they both looked stunned, and Callie finally asked, “You’re ENGAGED!?” actually, she more shrieked than asked, but I shook my head anyway.

“No, I’m getting an arranged marriage. My mom and dad have been hoping that someone will say yes for years.” I told them. When their facial expressions didn’t shift even a fraction of an inch, I sighed, and walked to my locker.

At the end of the day, JD was again there to pick me up. When I got into the car, he handed me a small black box. This worried me a little. I sat in the car, and stared at it, until JD got impatient, and took it out of my hands.

“Here.” He said, as he opened the box. In it was a necklace. It was a locket in the shape of a heart, but the flaps were made to look like angel’s wings. I smiled. I opened it, and on the inside was the word ‘Angel’ in curvy writing. I grinned, and put it on, kissing JD in the process.

“Thank you, I absolutely love it.” I said to him. He nodded, and replied, “I thought you might.”
We got to my house, and again JD came up to my room, without my mom or dad saying a word about it.

“I’m going to change.” I said, JD nodded, and sat on my bed. I grabbed the same pair of sweats from yesterday, and a tank top that said ‘Shut up Voice or I’ll Poke You with a Q-Tip Again’. I was changing my pants, when there was a sudden horrid pain in my shoulder blades, where the lines had been, and then the strangest thing happened; I felt mussels that I hadn’t known that I had had before stretch. I looked in the mirror at myself, and gasped. I had WINGS!? Now that was just weird. Although, they were beautiful, it was still one of the strangest and creepiest things that had ever happened to me. Just then, I heard a knock at the bathroom door.

“Lucky, are you okay?” I heard JD ask me.
“Um...yeah...I think so.” I said, not sounding convinced.

“Lucky, will you let me in?” he asked in a small voice.

“You know, I don’t think that I will.” I said, still more than a little freaked out. I herd him turn the knob, and realized too late that I hadn’t locked the door. I jumped into the shower, and dragged the curtain around me. Except that my WINGS were too wide. JD pulled the curtain aside, and if he had been a cartoon, his eyes would have popped out of his head. The only thing was, that the only thing that he said was, “Wow.” That was it. I buried my head into my arms on my knees, and folded my wings around myself, as if they were a tent.

“Oh my...” I heard JD breathe when he saw me.

“Lucky, are you okay?” he asked me. I peeked over one wing, and looked at him with huge eyes.

“Aww, honey.” He said, getting into the bathtub and wrapping his arms around me. Finally I had had enough. I was weirded out that he wasn’t freaking out.

“What’s wrong with you!? Why aren’t you freaking out!!!???” I practically yelled at him. He looked taken aback. I stood up, and un-flared my wings.

“Are you serious, I have WINGS!!!” I said to him. He nodded, “I can see that.” He told me. I groaned, and walked out to my room. Hmm...I thought. I tested pushing my wings down a bit, and I was lifted about an inch off the floor. I grinned, even though this was crazy, it was still fun. I heard JD come out of the bathroom behind me, and watch me hop-fly around the room. I giggled, and flew over to JD, with my feet skimming the carpet. He smiled at me, and put out his hand towards my wing.

“May I?” he asked, I nodded, and he brushed his fingertips over the edge of my wing. I shivered, I could feel it.

Well,” he said, after kissing me, “Now I know what to call you.” He said smiling. I danced around the room again, and asked, “What’s that?” he smiled even wider, and said, “Angel.” I stopped dead in my tracks, and grinned.

We had been talking for a while, with me still dancing around the room, when JD asked me, “Hey, can you fold your wings back in?” I frowned, and concentrated. I felt them retracting, and I looked over my shoulder to see that they were going back into the slits that they had come out of. I grinned at him, and went over to the mirror, seeing that there were two long slits, that just looked like scars. I went back to JD, and sat on his lap on my bed. I yawned, and leaned my head back onto his shoulder. His arms came around my waist, and he leaned back against my pillows.

“So,” I sighed more than said, “tomorrow’s Friday, do you have anything planned for the weekend?” I felt him shrug.

“Maybe.” I sighed, too tired to care that he was trying to get me to ask him what. I leaned back, thinking that I would just close my eyes for a minute, when the next think I knew...

BEEP...BEEP...BEEP...

“Ug!!!” I said as I reached over to hit my alarm. I put my arm down, and felt instead of pillows, like I was expecting, there was a body. I mentally shrugged, and then all of the events of the night before came flooding back to me. I sat bolt upright, and felt my back, yup, there were two slits, and I looked over to see that JD was lying in my bed with me. I guess we must have fallen asleep. I sighed, and got up, kissing JD on the cheek as I did. He opened one eye, and smiled at me. I walked into my bathroom, cheer leading uniform in hand. I went into the bathroom, and got into the shower. Then I thought about something, couldn’t butterflies not fly if their wings got wet? I spread my wings a bit, and I looked back at them. They were shading me from the rain, as if they were mad of glass, or something, except that they were really soft and thin, like gauze. It didn’t make sense; they didn’t seem to be affected by the water. Got out of the shower, and dried off, leaving my wings spread so that they could air dry.

After drying off, and putting my hair into a ponytail, I retracted my wings, and put on my cheer leading uniform. I left the bathroom, to see JD sitting on my bed, wearing the same clothes from the day before.

“Hey,” I said, looking down, unsure if he was going to freak out at any minute. He smiled at me, “Hey honey.” I smiled, and walked past him out the door.

“So, I’ll pick you up, and then we can go to where I’m taking you.” He told me.

“Where are you taking me?” I asked, he shook his head, as of to say, it’s a secret. I grinned, and got out of the car and walked to where Callie was waiting.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope u like it... o, and if anyone notices any mistakes, or whatever, please tell me, it would be really helpful. anyway, comment please!! or else i wont be able to breathe!! (haha, im soo funny...)

<3
C