Status: Still working on it, slowly but surely. It would really make me want to write more of it, if people commented, although, I am very greatful for my readers!

A Tail of Wings

WTF?

Then day went by without any mishaps, and it was finally the end of the day. I was on the edge of my seat for about the whole day, waiting in excitement for the final bell to ring, signaling the end of the last class. I practically ran out of the school, to JD’s car. He smirked at me as I flew into the seat. I rolled my eyes, and buckled my seat belt.

“Here, put this on.” JD told, me handing me a black bandanna. I frowned at him, and he explained. “It’s so that you don’t know where we’re going.” I pouted, but did as I was told.
We drove for about twenty minutes, all the while with me fidgeting with the blindfold that was covering my eyes. Then the car stopped, and JD got out oh his side, and came over to mine, grabbed my hand, and picked me up. I squealed, and hung onto his neck. It felt as if JD was just standing still, but then he set me down and pulled off my blindfold. When I saw the scene that was laid out before me, I gasped.

"It's beautiful." I breathed, and it was. We were on a cliff overlooking a beach with waves crashing against the rocks on the shore below.

"Not as beautiful as you," JD whispered from behind me, sending shivers down my back. I turned to him, and wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing his lips passionately. I could feel him grinning, and so I decided to have a little fun. I slid my hands down from where they originally were in his hair, so that they where resting on his waist. Then I proceeded to softly trickle my fingers just under the hem of his shirt, right above the waist of his jeans. I could hear his sudden intake of breath, and I knew that I had surprised him. I smiled against his lips, and continued to brush my fingers over his waist, seeing how long he could last with me doing that.

I giggled when he grabbed my hands, and firmly placed them back onto his waist. JD reluctantly pulled away, and took my hand, leading me closer to the edge of the cliff so that we could see the waves breaking onto the rocks below us. I sighed, and looked at the sun setting over the pink-tinted clouds. It was so amazingly beautiful where JD had brought me, I could hardly believe it.

We sat down on the grass for a while, not really talking, just watching the sun set, our hands intertwined. Suddenly, I had a brilliant idea. I jumped up startling JD, and ran over to the edge of the cliff. I took off my jacket so that my tank top exposed my upper back and shoulders. I then concentrated, and I felt my shoulder blades pulling a bit, like my skin was really dry. I felt my newly discovered wings spread out behind me. by that time, JD had figured out what I was planning, and he was about to stop me but I was one step ahead of him. I ran to the ledge, pushed off with my bare feet, and flew.

It was the most amazing feeling that I had ever experienced, and I loved it. I plummeted towards the sharp rocks for a couple seconds that felt like years and then I suddenly pulled myself to a stop. I heard JD calling me in a worried voice, so I flew back up so that I was hovering at the edge of the cliff, over the ocean but near enough to the ledge that JD could see that I was alright.

“You scared me so much Angel, don’t ever do that again!” he said holding his chest as if he were going to have a heart attack. I giggled at him, and swooped back down so that I was almost touching the water, earning another gasp from my very worried boyfriend. I giggled again, and flew so that I could dip my toes into the water. There was a sudden searing pain in my legs, from my toes to my hips. I was so startled that I lost focus on flying, and I dropped into the ocean. I gasped and water flooded into my mouth. The strange thing was, I wasn’t choking on the water, I was swallowing it, but it was more like breathing. I felt another sharp pain in my feet, and I glanced down in the water. It took me a minute to realize that I was looking through the water, and that my eyes weren’t stinging at all. The other strange thing was that I could see through the water really well, almost better than I could in the air. I looked at my feet, but instead I saw a sparkly green triangle...wait, it wasn’t a triangle...it was fins! Now that really freaked me out, I thought that there was like a shark or something in the water with me, swimming under my feet. But then I got a closer look. i looked at my legs, and saw that my pants had come off, and in place of them was a beautiful shiny sparkly greenish-blue tail.

“Are you serious...?” I asked myself as I was still looking at myself in the water. My voice also came out really strangely. It was like...bells, I’m not really sure how to describe it, but it was like what you would imagine an angel sounding like. That’s when I sort of freaked out.

I shot out of the water like a bullet flaring my wings as I did so, so that I could fly back to JD as quickly as possible. I didn’t realize until I was almost halfway back to the cliff that I a) had no pants anymore and b) I had a freaking tail. How was JD going to react to that? But then I remembered how he had reacted when I found out that I had wings. He was completely understanding, and not at all freaked.

I got to the land, and I still had that stupid tail. I landed on the ground, seeing as how I couldn’t really walk just then, and I saw JD frantically trying to get cell phone reception out here.

“JD! I’m over here,” I told him. The minute he saw me, he gasped, and ran over to me embracing me in a lung-crushing hug. It took me a minute to figure out that JD hadn’t said anything at all about my tail, or how I had just been underwater for at least ten minutes. Then realization dawned on me.

“You knew.” I said to JD, pulling away from him embrace. When he made no move to deny the fact, I slapped him across the face.

“How could you?” I asked hurt masking my face, pushing out any other emotion that I had ever had.
♠ ♠ ♠
yay! an update...it's been over a month, and i'm so so so so so sorry.
please don't give up on me, it just takes me a while to get out new chapters.
my other story's coming to a close soon, so i'll update this one more.
i love all of my subscribers and readers sooooo much.
you all rock my sox!
<3
C

Carlisle