Sequel: Creation
Status: Completed.

Damnation

Chapter Five

. I wake up.
. “Where am I?”
. It’s my first thought as I open my eyes. I don’t recognize this bed, I don’t recognize this room. Where’s my beautiful wife, the one next to whom I fell asleep? My conscience is killing me with the memories of Niamh’s letter, why now? I don’t know where I am, what happened to my house?
. I should try to find an explanation... right?
. The bed is huge; four columns of a light piece of wood surround the white sheets. As I get up, I see the white walls and the white furniture. Where am I? I see a window... I take a look outside and I only see lonely trees. I look back to the bed. I’m confused, and I’m starting to get scared. Let’s go... I’m only with my boxers on, and I don’t want to go out like this. I don’t know where I am, I don’t know what or who’s behind the door that ends this room. However, I don’t see any of my clothes here, what happened? Fuck! I search everywhere, on the bed, under the bed, in the closet, in every place possible... Everything’s empty. I look through the window again, the confusion is killing me and Niamh’s words come back to my mind (”this condition of living in the middle of nowhere”). I look again to the bed as my eyes are starting to burn from the tears that break me down, but don’t pour. Suddenly, for no reason, I perceive a chair. It has my clothes over it. How did this get here?! I know I haven’t seen this chair before, I would swear it hasn’t been here since I woke up – but how?
. “James, stop. You’re being paranoid.” I say to myself.
. I dress my recently found clothes as I try to be rational. I fell asleep at home, after making love with Leana. Leana... I remember I had a dream, it probably was a nightmare because I woke up abruptly, but I don’t know what it was about. This happens a lot, knowing we dreamt about something but not recognizing the scenes. I woke up... in this place, this unrecognizable place. Now that I’m ready, I’m going to leave this room and explore the area, trying to find some sort of a way out of this place, wherever I am.
. I open the door. There’s a corridor. It doesn’t seem to have an end but I have to try. I can’t be stopped by this mess of place, I must be strong if I want to solve this mystery. Another mystery so suddenly, one after another, and I haven’t found out who Niamh is and what she wants...
. I close the door on my back. I’m on the corridor. In one direction, there’s a light; on the other side, there’s just darkness. I will never go to the darkness, it’s so careless. I go for the light, hoping that she leads me to my home, to my wife. There’s so many doors in each side of the corridor; I can’t open them all, it would take me forever. The light is still far away from me, I can’t get any closer to it, but the darkness on the other side is chasing me. I want to run but my legs don’t obey my mind. I keep walking, in my solitude, in my fear. The darkness is almost touching my hair and the light’s however at the same distance.
. Afraid of what could happen if that darkness caught me, I open one door randomly. I go in and close the door behind me. Another door closing in my back... I’m in another room: there’s a small bed, a desk loaded with papers and a mirror on the wall. There’s also a bunch of paintings on the floor, I take a look at them and they show me a forest, and a little girl dressed in red, and a couple dressed in black, and an old woman who smiles at me as if she can see me through the ink. It gives me the chills, I feel every little hair on my neck standing up, and so I put the paintings back where I found them. I look through the single window that lightens the room and again I can only see lonely trees...
. I don’t want to loose my self in this place for eternity. I just wanna go back to Leana’s hug. Leana...
. “Where the fuck am I?!” I keep saying to myself.
. I leave the room, and the corridor seems to have stopped in time. The darkness is still waiting for me, to grab me, to consume me while I try to reach the light that will possibly save me.
♠ ♠ ♠
There was a "I wake up" at the end of Chapter Four, but I moved it to the beginning of this chapter. It may not seem a huge difference, but one day I'll explain to you the reason of my change here ^^

James has just had the surprise of his life… and this story has only come to its middle! Stay tuned… and soon enough, when the time comes, everyone will see if the light always brings happiness…

Comments, please?! XD This was the first story I’ve fully written in English, and I guess I can’t keep it for myself. I hope you like it. And I can’t wait for your feedback! =)

*Green_Apple*