Sequel: Creation
Status: Completed.

Damnation

Chapter Seven

. I wake up.
. I’m lying on a big bed, but it isn’t the same room than before. Now there’s brown furniture, made only of wood but with some details in old iron or something. I’m getting tired of this shit, always waking up in different places, without knowing why or how or who ever carries me. I think this may have something to do with Niamh, but what is it? In the letter she sent me I could read that she gave me her house; I hope this isn’t that one because it’s way too weird for me. I don’t know where I am, that freaks me out.
. First of all, I have to find my clothes… I’m having some sort of a déjà vu… I see a desk, as I sit on the bed, and there’s a chair with my clothes over its back: different clothes than before. Fuck! What the hell is wrong with this place? I dress the black pants and the purple t-shirt someone has prepared for me and go to the window. There’s only the forest, of course, I already knew it. It doesn’t seem a dark forest now, the trees are huge and green, and there are animals playing with each other, or maybe working something out to keep surviving in that world of them. I smile as I see the sunlight brightening the grass, making the scenery look really happy and healthy. I look to the room again and my body is a shadow on the floor. In here, there’s no happiness as there was out there; it’s getting darker at each moment and my eyes catch loads of shady shapes everywhere. Even in that mirror, this looks so bright yet so cold. The borders look like gold. It’s shinny and so unreal. Next to it, on the wall, there’s a portrait of a man and a child, probably some father with his daughter. They look happy, the little girl on his lap, her hand on his shoulder and his protective arm around her little waist. Where’s the mother?
. I hear something and I look again through the window. The sun is going down and the animals aren’t there anymore. I might need to light the candles that there are in this room but I certainly don’t know how. As I walk through all the room, looking in every direction and searching for matches or something everywhere, I glance a strange movement in the mirror. Did I just see a hand? I must be crazy. What are you doing to me? I think as I stop and look to the horizon through the window, catching some trees with my eyes. I close them, praying to the gods to end all this weird scene and, as I open my eyes again, with my heart beating at the same speed as my hope of being at home growing up, I can only see that I’m on the same spot, between those walls of some kind of terror.
. The moment I look to the desk and recognize the color of the sheets in the desk, I feel the breath on my neck again. It seems warmer but still frightening. I’m terrified and my legs are shaking, as this breath comes closer to my skin. I turn around and feel it no more, not on my neck, not on my face, nowhere on my body. I’m looking down, noticing that nothing in me is trembling. I’m calm again, though my heart beats fast enough to scare me as my thoughts go to everything that has happened to me since I first woke up in a strange room.
. I look up again and I swear I see a hand getting into the mirror. I close my eyes and shake my head, my own breath becoming heavier. I open my eyes and there’s nothing in the mirror now. Of course it was only my imagination. My heartbeat is faster as my mind thinks of what I think I saw, and my brain commands my legs to take me closer to the mirror. I’m beginning to feel afraid, as my steps take me there. I don’t know what I’m about to see as I feel my throat closing up a little, as if someone was closing his hands around my neck. My right hand touches my face and neck and that sensation disappears. My mind is so empty now, as my heart and brain control my movements towards this mirror.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh… I hope you recognise the description for the moment he gets up and for the mirror! ^^

Don’t loose this story, it’s almost ending… What do you think that will happen to James next? Will he ever find out where he is? Will he… Ask your questions, or leave your opinions and ideas while you’re commenting this story =)

*Green_Apple*