Waiting Underneath the Mistletoe

The WHOLE Story...

Waiting Underneath The Mistletoe

AN XMAS MCR STORY

Nikki White's POV

Who now?
I'm Nikki White. A girl. Who likes stuff.
Okay... So I'm not that interesting... I like My Chemical Romance.
They rock... And they saved my life.
So I decided... For a Christmas present to myself... I would go to a concert.

I was waiting in line for about an hour, but it was worth it. I made friends with another girl, Melinda. She had black hair and liked MCR as well. She was maid of honor.

Wanna know how the hell that happened?? Okay...

I begin my story.

Chapter One
Nikki's POV

"ALL ACCESS PASSES!!!!" me and Melinda shouted. We were all excited!! Like, who wouldn't be?
After the show and a lot of jumping we got pass (good-looking) security guards and went backstage.
We were the first there (lucky!) because we threatened people with sporks!!
"FEAR THE SPORK!" became a great inside joke. And "Fergalicious". Stupid Fergie song....

"Gerard... Way..." I studdered. Me and Melinda were in a complete trance.
"Yeah? That's me," he replied and I almost fainted.
"Sing Fergalicious by Fergie!!" Melinda shouted excitedly. I looked at her weird and she shrugged her shoulders.
Gerard laughed. "Fergalicious defintion make them boys go crazy!" he sang and Melinda was in tears from laughing!! I just giggled. I was speachless.
"Who are you spending the holidays with?" Gerard asked me while Melina was still on the floor and Frank looked worried.
"Nobody. I'm all alone for Christmas," I replied sadly and Gerard put his arms aroud me. I blushed and Melinda got jealous.

"You have to leave now," a security guard said and Gerard whispered to me, "Stick around outside."

The next girl in line smiled at me and I smiled back. Melinda followed.
"I think he likes you," she told me and I smirked.
"Yeah right... He's a big shot celebrity and I'm just a 27 year old kid. Okay... Not really a kid... But you get the point! He would never love me..." I replied, drifting off at the end. Melinda put her arm around my neck and pulled me into a hug.
"What did he whisper to you?" she asked and I shrugged her arm off.
"He wants me to stick around outside," I replied and Melina stopped in her tracks.
"What? He wants to talk to me... So what?" her mouth dropped as I said it and she shook her head.

"You are one lucky gal."

Chapter Two

"Haha... That's funny," I replied at the statement she made and she ran up beside me.
"No!! You should really stick aroud!! Maybe he really does like you!!"
I laughed with a hint of hurt and shook my head no.
"He couldn't. I'm not even that pretty!" I said and Melinda made a sarcastic gasp.
"You're very pretty!! You have pretty black hair and pretty brown eyes!! I would date you!"
I laughed and stopped walking.
"Okay, I'll wait. But you owe me!" I replied smiling and began walking back to the ticket booth and waited.

Gerard's POV

Sweat was forming on my forehead and tension was building as we performed our last song. The song ended and I heard the audience roar once again. Backstage, we dried off and complained about the sun and daylight. Stupid sunshine...

"Gerard... Way...." I heard from behind me and I turned around to find two young women in a complete trance.
"Yeah? That's me," I replied and one of the women almost fainted. I could tell because she got pale and trembled.
"Sing Fergalicious by Fergie!!" the other shouted excitedly and the one that almost fainted looked at her like she was crazy. I thought what the hell and began to sing.
"Fergalicious definition make them boys go crazy!" I sang and smiled. The girl that asked me began to laugh and was rolling on the floor. Frank looked worried and I smiled some more.
"Who are you spending the holidays with?" I asked and and the girl that wasn't laughing her ass off frowned.
"Nobody. I'm all alone for Christmas," she replied and I felt so bad for her. I wrapped my arms around her and she leaned back on me.

"You have to leave now,"a security guard said and I whispered in the women's ear, "Stick around outside."
I needed to talk to her.

She left and a teenager came up to Frank and hugged him tightly. I rolled my eyes as she began to talk to him and offered him skittles. He agreed and they ate them happily ever after. Okay... That was gay.
"Oh my god... I can't believe I'm meeting you!! You are my idol!" she said/shouted and Frank smiled.
"Really? Aww... Thanks!" he replied - and I would say he was faking it - and she jumped up and down. Teenie Alert!! Lol... Did I just say that? Oh God... Now I'm talking to myself...

She left and another came by. I would say she was about 20. She smiled sweetly and gave us hugs and she talked to Frank a while.
"Hi my name is Lisa. Like... Lisa Simpson without the Simpson," she said and Frank laughed.
"My name is Frank. Like... Frank Iero without the Iero. I guess," he replied and she laughed.
He hugged her and passed her a peice of paper and mouthed something. I would've guessed it to be "Call me" or something. But that's only a guess.

One after another and another and all I was thinking about was if she was waiting outside.
I wanted her. No, I needed her.

Chapter Three
Nikki's POV

"I don't wanna waste my time..." I was singing to Fat Lip by Sum 41 on my iPod when I turned around when I was tapped on the shoulder.
"You waited," Gerard said and I smiled.
"My friend, Melinda, persuaded me too... I'm Nikki by the way," I said and smiled back.
"It's nice to meet you, Nikki. You're really pretty," he smiled pathetically and I rolled my eyes.
"Thank you... I guess..."
"What song were you listening to?" he asked as he put his hands in his jacket pockets.
"Fat Lip by Sum 41... It's a good song..." I blushed and breathed out making "fog" when my warm breath made contact with the cold air.
"Yeah? I should download it or something..." he replied and did the same.
"So... You like MCR?" he asked and I nodded.
"Yeah... You guys saved my life... You probably don't know it but, you mean the world to so many people."
He smiled and without notice hugged me.
"It's cold out," he mumbled into my shoulder and I hugged him back.
"Yeah... I'm from Canada though so I'm used to it," I said and he laughed as he let go of his tight grip.

"Nikki, I have to go," Melinda said and I nodded. She hugged me and said good bye to Gerard.
"She seems nice," he said and I shrugged.
"Yeah... I guess..." I replied.
"I want to know more about you. Starbucks?" he asked and I looked up from looking down at the ground.
"Uhh... Sure..." I blushed.

Starbucks was warm and toasty and I got a Double-Double, he got the same.
We sat down at a table and began talking about anything and everything.
"What kind of stuff do you like?" he asked and I took a sip of my hot coffee.
"Uhh... Movies, books, drawing, stuff like that... And music," I said smiling.
"Yeah? I like stuff too. I like lots of stuff," he replied pathetically and laughed.
"Cool."
"You want to go to the movies??" he asked and I looked up at the ceiling (which was very pretty by the way) and sighed.
"You're taking me all over town! Make up your mind!" I laughed and he did too.

We decided to see Happy Feet because it was really all that was playing.
"Tap-dancing penguins? Wicked..." I said, staring at the still blank movie screen.
"Yeah... I guess... I wish we could've seen a more romantic movie..." he replied.
"Romance? If you wanted to see romance rent Titanic... Boring!!" I exclaimed and he laughed.
"You seem happy today. Are you high?" I asked.
"Haha... No... I like you," he said shyly. My heart sunk and I remembered what Melinda said.
"Really?" I asked in disbelief.
"Yeah... Do you... Uhmm... Like me?" he asked.
"Yeah... I guess... I like you too," I replied and put my head on his shoulder and he put his arm around me. The movie started and I fell asleep. In his arms.

Chapter Four
Gerard's POV

Nikki fell asleep in my arms and soon the movie was over.
"Nikki... Wake up..." I said and shook her.
"Hmm? Oh... Sorry..." she said and smiled and I smiled back.
"That's all right," I said and we got up and left.

The winter air was freezing cold but I didn't care.
"Gerard?" she asked while holding my hand.
"Yeah?" I replied.
"Uhmm... Why do you like me?" she asked and thought about it a while.
"I like you because you are one of a kind. And we have a lot in common. Don't you think?"
"Yeah... I guess..." she replied and blushed.
"You say 'I guess' a lot... Is there something you're not telling me?" I asked.
"Uhmm... No.. I'm just a little shy. Where are we going anyway?" she asked.
"I don't know... I just like being with you," I said and she smiled.
"You're too kind. I'm starting to think you're a serial killer," she said and I stared blankly.
"You told you that? I mean... I'm not a serial killer!!" I shouted trying to sound nervous and I believe I succeeded because she laughed.
"No... I'm not a serial killer," I said a little more serious this time.
"Hmm... I should go back to the band..." I said sadly.
"If you want I could give you my email..." she said and I smiled.
"All right... But don't tell anyone you have mine, all right?" I asked and she nodded.

"Hey guys!" I shouted to the band when we got back to the tour bus. Frank gasped and pointed at our hands, which we were still holding.
"Aww... That's so cute!" he said and I swear I could've killed him.
"Yeah... It's so cute it makes me want to stab someone," Nikki said and Frank backed away.
"Okay... Just don't stab me!" he shouted and I laughed.
Nikki rolled her eyes and said, "Whatever, Moron..."
"That's not my name! I'm Frank! Gerard, kill her! Kill her!" Frank said I just laughed.
I crossed my arms and turned to face Nikki.
"Well... Good bye..." I said and Nikki grabbed my head and pulled it to hers without notice and pressed her lips against mine. I kissed back and we broke apart.
"Good bye."

Chapter Five
Nikki's POV

"Aww... That's so cute!! Don't stab me!" Frank said and I laughed. I wrote my email down on a peice of paper and gave it to Gerard.
"Bye Gee!" I said and Gerard smiled.
"Bye Nikki!" he shouted back and I started walking home.

Christmas Eve

"Nikki! Door!" I heard Melinda shout (she was now my room mate) and I ran to the door.
"Gerard?" I asked and wrapped my arms around him.
"Hey! Happy Holidays!" he said and he kissed me.
"Eww... Don't do that in front of me! Please!" Melinda shouted as she turned away.
"No. I love Gerard," I said and continued giving him Eskimo Kisses.
"Yeah... And I love Nikki," he said, pressing his forehead against mine.
"Come inside!" I said and motioned for him to come in.
"I knew there was a reason I loved Christmas..." he smiled and sat on the couch.
"The tree is beautiful," he said.
"Yeah... Me and Melinda decorated it," I replied and I sat down beside him.
"Dude... Can you do me a favor?" Melinda asked and I nodded.
"Get a room," she said and went into the kitchen.

Me and Gerard fell asleep on the couch and when we woke up Melinda had hung mistletoe above us.
"Melinda... Fuck off..." I said still staring at the ceiling.
"Shh... Obey the rules of mistletoe, dude," Gerard said and passionately kissed me, trying to pull off my shirt as well.
"Hey!" I said and slapped his hand. He laughed and I kissed him again.
"Hello," Melinda said walking into the living room. "I met someone today."
"Yeah? Who?" I asked and Melinda grinned.
"His name is..." she began, dragging it out.
"WHO?!"
"Okay.. Okay... Just don't spork me... He is... Oh, I can't!!"
"Melinda... Now I'm curious... I need to know!!"
"Bob Bryar."
I laughed and Gerard shrugged.
"Bob? Bob?! Oh my god..." I said and just laughed some more.
"I don't see the problem with that... Would you like him as a Christmas present?" Gerard asked and I sighed.
"Really?? Really really?? YES!!" she shouted and Gerard jumped.
"Yes... I'll get you Bob for Christmas... But you have to get him here from Chicago."
"Forget it then..."

I began singing "All I Want For Christmas Is You" and Gerard sang along.
"I don't want a lot for Christmas, this is all I'm asking for. I just want to see my baby standing right outside my door!"
"You guys are idiots," Melinda said and plugged in the lights for the tree.
"Ooooo That's pretty," Gerard said and I got up and turned off the ceiling light.
The tree lit up the whole room and the star was just as beautiful asGerard touching himself fresh fallen snow.

Chapter Six
Nikki's POV

Christmas Day

"Gerard... This is the best Christmas I ever had!" I said while hugging him tightly.
"Thanks..." he said and hugged me back. "You've really made my week."
"Gerard... Can't this last longer?" I asked, desperate to mend my broken heart.
"I don't know... I'll be away a while," he replied and I felt tears come to my eyes.
"I don't care! I want you!" I sobbed and Gerard took me in his arms once again.

We stayed like that for minutes and then Gerard let go.
"I have to leave... But I can promise you something," he said and I looked at him.
"Yeah?"
"Wait for me. I'll come back. I love you," he said and kissed me.

Then left.

Gerard's POV

I left her. My heart was broken. What if she didn't wait? There was only one way to be sure.
I had to wait.

"GERARD!!!" Frank shouted and pounced on me.
"I'm not in the mood..." I pouted and walked with my head down to my room.
"Gerard? Are you all right?" Frank asked and knocked on my door.
"Bro, are you okay?" Mikey asked.
"I'm fine... Really..." I said while secretly crying and I tried to hide it.
I missed her. I knew would. It hurt. Bad.

I stayed in my room the rest of the night. Christmas was ruined.

Chapter Seven
Gerard's POV

Tour was over. I couldn't wait to see Nikki. Her beautiful brown eyes and shoulder-length black hair.
I walked up to her door and raised my hand to knock.
"GERARD?!" she shouted to my suprise and hugged me tightly.
"I missed you," I said and kissed her softly on the lips.
"I missed you too."

We fell asleep on the couch just like the first time. It was perfect.

TWO YEARS LATER

"Gerard! Tell me!" she shouted and I smiled. An early Christmas present.
"Okay..." I sighed and knelt down on one knee and took her hand.
"Would you marry me?" I asked and she stared, her jaw dropped about 5 feet.
"Yes... Yes!! I love you!" she shouted and pounced on me. I slipped the ring on her finger and we made out for a good five minutes.

"I love you too."

Chapter Eight
Nikki's POV

I was blasting music and staring at my brand new diamond ring. It shined beautifully in the light of the Christmas tree me and Gerard had just put up. Everything was perfect and I couldn't imagine life being any better. Gerard came through the door in the middle of "Cute Without The E" by Taking Back Sunday.
"We have to plan the wedding soon if you want to get married on Christmas," Gerard said and kissed me quickly then went in the kitchen. He poured coffee and sat at the table.
"Okay," I said and sat down with him.

He got out a peice of paper and a pencil.
"Okay... Church?" he asked and I thought about it.
"I want to get married in the 'Helena' church. It's beautiful," I smiled and he smiled back. He wrote it down and looked up again.
"All right... Dress?" he asked and I shook my head no.
"I don't like dresses."
He laughed and put his head in the palm of his hand, staring at me.
"How about I design a dress and you make it?" he asked and I thought.
"Wow... Never thought about that... You do draw and design clothes... I sew... Okay!"
He wrote that down and thought a while.
"We need people at the wedding..." he said and I nodded.
"All right... I know who I want for Maid of Honor. Melinda... I'll make a list."
"All right..."
He threw me a pencil and a peice or paper and I wrote down:

Melinda - Maid of Honor
Seidee - Bridesmaid
Haley - Bridesmaid
Britt - Bridesmaid
Ashley - Bridesmaid
Lisa - Invited
Kirsty - Invited
Stephanie - Invited
Katie - Flowergirl
Mikey - Best man
Frank - Invited
Ray - Invited
Bob - Invited

"Hmm... We still need a few more people... Damn..." I said, looking at the short list of people.
"We need a minister too. And the party. Damn... I never knew a wedding would be so much..."
I nodded in agreement with what Gerard said as he looked down the list. He sighed.
"And the Honeymoon..."

Chapter Nine
Gerard's POV

"I never thought of that... Christmas Eve is only 13 days away," Nikki said and I bit my lip.
"Where do you want to go?" I asked and Nikki thought about it a while.
"Uhmm... Hawaii. Christmas in Hawaii."
I just stared at her like she was crazy (probably 'cause she is) and wrote it down.
"Okay... Let's get started with... uhmm... Where should we start?"
"Church... Minister... those things..."
"All right!"

We set off to the church where we shot 'Helena' and talked with the reverend a while.
"I remember you!" he said and pointed to me.
"Yeah, I shot a music video here. Helena?" I replied.
"That's right... What brings you two here?"
"We wanted to get married here. Is that all right?" Nikki asked the reverend.
"Yes. It's just fine. Would you like me to marry you two?"
"Could you? That'd be great!" I said and Nikki smiled.
"All right then... When?"
"Christmas Eve. Christmas has always been a special time for us," I said and smiled and Nikki, who smiled back.
"Time?"
"Err... Nikki?"
"2:30 PM. It's nice and sunny out and it's a good time according to superstition," she said and I was just confused.
"All right. I'll write that down," the reverend said and we left to find us a wedding cake.

We walked the streets hand in hand and finally we came to a bakery.
"Do you guys make wedding cakes?" Nikki asked the man at the counter and he nodded.
"We sure do!"
Nikki smiled and bit her lip.
"We need a cake made by Christmas Eve."
"Christmas Eve? Do you want the cake with anything special?"
"Just plain, old, white. The classic wedding cake, I guess..." I said and Nikki laughed.
"All right then. We'll get right to that. I just need to know you names and you can pick it up the day before."
"Gerard Way and Nikki White," Nikki said and the man behind the counter wrote it down.
"All right. Congrats, by the way!" he said and we left.
"It's getting dark. Go home?"
"Yeah."

Chapter Ten
Nikki's POV

"Gerard?"
"Yes, sweetheart?"
I blushed at the comment he made then continued with my question.
"Where do babies come from?"
He stopped in his tracks and I laughed.
"Uhh... They come from... CSI: MIAMI!!!"
He shouted and I looked at him like he was crazy.
"No look! CSI: Miami!!" he shouted again and pointed. I looked over ( and to my suprise) there was the cast of CSI: Miami shooting an episode.
"Woah... Should we go over?" I asked and Gerard dragged me there instead of answering.

"CSI MIAMI!!" he shouted and I backed away.
"I don't know him!" I said and raised my hands in the air. David Caruso (Horatio Caine) laughed and took off his trademark glasses.
"Really? You two fans?" he asked and Gerard jumped up and down.
"Uhmm... Yeah... He's insane..." I said and pointed to Gerard who gasped and put his hands on his hips.
"We're engaged!!" he shouted and lifted up my right hand.
"It's the other hand, dofus."
He went "Oh!" and lifted up my left hand. David raised an eyebrow and nodded.
"Congratulations. Horatio has been single for years," he said and laughed. I laughed too then Gerard said, "I don't get it."
We just laughed more and we said good bye and left.

"You acted like an idiot," I said to Gerard when we were far from the scene.
"You acted like a smart-ass," he said and I laughed sarcastically.
"Maybe because I am," I said and Gerard was confused again.
"Why do you have to be so confuzzling?"

Chapter Ten
Gerard's POV

She confused the hell out of me! But I just shrugged it off.
The next day we went back to planning.
"Okay... We got the church, minister, and cake. I added some more people to the invited list. That' should do it," Nikki said and handed me the complete list so far.

Melinda - Maid of Honor
Seidee - Bridesmaid
Haley - Bridesmaid
Britt - Bridesmaid
Ashley - Bridesmaid
Lisa - Invited
Kirsty - Invited
Stephanie - Invited
Katie - Flowergirl
Mikey - Best man
Frank - Invited
Ray - Invited
Bob - Invited
Gabrielle - Invited
my mom - Invited
Gee's mom - Invited
Gee's dad - Invited
my aunts and uncles - Invited
Gee's A&U- Invited
my brother - Invited

"Then we need to plan the party, Honeymoon, and other things."
"That's not much... I'll go on the web and plan our Hawaiian Vacation. You get the party ready," I said and me and Nikki got straight to work.

I went on Expedia.ca and planned, while Nikki was working out on what there was going to drink, eat, what music to play, where it would be, but Nikki looked like she knew what she was doing. Which is good, because I had no clue at all.

December 17th, 2006

Dear Diary,

I have to call about 120 people to come to the wedding.
I have to plan the party.

Okay... It doesn't seem like much... But trust me, it is!
Okay... I've decided a few things....

Coca Cola for drinks
There's going to be the cake
Maybe I'll bake some things....

Okay... I have no idea what I'm going to do.

Off to figure it out,
Nikki xoxo

December 23, 2008
Nikki's POV
I just finished sewing my brand new wedding dress.
Black and blood red with lots of layers.
Gerard's drawing was so beautiful and I made it come to life.

I tried it on and then stuffed it back in the closet before Gerard came back from getting the cake.
It would be bad luck if he saw me in it.
"Hey, I'm home!" Gerard yelled and I ran down the stairs.
"Hey," I said and kissed him.
"We got everything planned out?" he asked and I nodded.
"Yup. Just finished the dress," I replied and prepared him coffee.
"So, what lesson did you learn today?" he asked and I laughed. I had told him that everyday you learn something new, and that I learned them the hard way.
"I learned that coffee burns people."
Gerard laughed and I poured his coffee.
"Cool," he replied and sipped his coffee.

"Tomorrow's the wedding," I said, lying beside him on our king-sized bed.
"Yup. You excited?"
"Does it look like it?"
"Nope."
"Cool."
"Okay, so we're bored. I think it was better when we had something to do," he stated and I grinned.
"We can make something to do."

And that's what we did. ;)

NIKKI'S POV!!!
"LET'S MAKE COOKIES!!"
"OKAY!!"
We made gingerbread cookies.

"Okay... Now the eggs... And now the molasses..." I said and Gerard passed me each one.
"I love baking."
"Suprising."
"What? A guy can't like baking?"
"Uhmm..."
"That is so sexist."
I stared at him and then he passed me the cinnamon.

The cookies were in the oven and Gerard yawned.
"Let's make out."
"No."
"You're boring."
I sighed and took the cookies out carefully.
"YAY!!" he shouted and I set them on the table.
"Don't touch. They're hot," I cautioned him and he ignored me.
"Fuck what you think... Ouch!" he said after he decided to poke one.
"Right..."

We decorated them and ate them while talking about who was probably going to show up at the wedding and who wouldn't.
"My sister probably won't... She's in prison."
"Uhm... Tell me why she's in prison, again?" he asked and I set down a cookie I was eating.
"Well... Kidnapping, attempted murder, murder, stuff like that...."
Gerard just looked at me wide-eyed.
"What did you expect? Just smuggling booze?"
Gerard shook his head and went back to eating his cookies.

RECIPE
one batch

you'll need:

3 cups of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 ground cloves
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup shortening
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup molasses

Grease cookie sheets and set oven to 325 degrees F (190 degrees C)

1. cream the shortening until smooth in a large bowl
2. add brown sugar, salt, spices. blend well.
3. mix in eggs and then the molasses. Stir well.
4. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and baking soda. add the flour mixture to the other mixture and stir together until well blended.
5. set the mixture to rest for one hour or so in the refridgerator.
6. take it out of the refridgerator and roll out the dough with a rolling pin. the dough should be about 1/4" thick or less
7. with cookie cutters, cut out your gingerbread people and set them on the baking sheets
8. bake for 10 minutes
9. when they have cooled for an hour, decorate them with icing, chocolate chips, gumdrops, etc.

December 23, 2008
Evening
Nikki's POV

It was the day beforethe wedding.
The day berfore Christmas Eve.
It was....
[font=creepy]THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS

Okay... Overdramatic....

And what is better than...

"BRIDAL SHOWER!!"

Me and my girls were kickin' at the pool and just chillin'. L.A. was nice and warm that day (THANK GOD!) and we were livin' it up.
"Can you believe it? You are marrying Gerard Way!" Melinda shouted in excitement and I had to agree.
"No I can't," I smiled. "Years ago I could only dream of this!"
"Well, no duh! Everyone dreams of marrying a celebrity! And only few survive to see it..." Gabrielle said, attempting to freak me out.
"Two words: Tomkat," I replied and Katie rolled her eyes.
"That's one word, Nikki," she said and I shrugged.
"Well, it's two words now!"

Seidee, Kirsty, Britt and Lisa were hanging by the pool and I shouted to them.
"PRESENTS!!"
Everyone ran over and I set the first one on my lap. It was big and square.
"Okay... This one is from my mom... And it is..."
"WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!"
"It's... Something... KITTY!!"
"Huh?"
"IT'S A KITTY!" I shouted and showed them a cat carrier and I opened it.
"Awww... It's so cute!" everyone said and smiled and petted the kitty.
"I'm gonna name it... Hmm.... Uhh.... Kitty," I said and a few people laughed.
"Thanks mommy," I said childishly. Okay... Not a word...
"This one is from Stephanie and Katie. It's a... What is it?" I asked and held up a square looking thing.
"Don't ask us... We made it... We didn't name it..." Katie said and I laughed it off.
"Hayley! You shouldn't have!" I said and held up a Three Days Grace CD.
"Thanks!"
I continued opening presents and then wondered how the guys were doing.

December 23, 2008
Evening
Gerard's POV

"WOO HOO!!" Frank shouted and cannon-balled into the pool.
"He's insane," I told Mikey and he laughed.
"Yup. It's great that you've found someone."
"Mikey... What did I tell you about that? No talking about women at the guys party...." I warned him and he smiled.
"All right... I heard that she got a kitten though..."
"A KITTEN??!! How the fuck am I supposed to raise a kitten!!?? She's already-" I began but stopped myself.
"What? She's already what?" Mikey asked and the rest of the band gathered around.
"Nothing... Kittens are cute..."

They all went back to swimming and having fun and Mikey stuck around.
"I almost had ya there, didn't I?" he asked and I bit my lip.
"Yeahh.... Funny.... I just- I don't want anyone to know... Not yet, atleast..." I replied and he nodded.
"Okay... I'm gonna go talk to Bob now... I swear I won't tell him."
"All right... 'Cause if you do, you're not gonna be Best Man no more," I warned him and promised he wouldn't.
Good.

"PRESENTS!" Frank shouted and all the guys gathered around.
"Okay... This one is from Ray... Hairspray?" I asked and Ray nodded.
"It makes your hair bouncy too!" he replied.
"Okay... Next one.... Mikey. A brand new red tie! Thanks!" I smiled and I put it on.
"All right.... Frank gave me... Skittles?"
"YUPPERS!!"
"Skittles? Okay... Next present...."
"MINE!" Bob shouted and I jumped.
"Okay... Bob's present is... Oh, you shouldn't have!" I said and held up a stuffed animal.
A cat.
"It's... A.... Kitty...." I said, pausing in between words.
"Yup! Isn't it cute?" he asked and I nodded.
"This one's from Dad.... A ... What is it?" I asked and held up an alien looking thing.
"It's something I got out of a Happy Meal... I didn't have time to buy something nice..." he replied and I set it down beside me.
"Good enough."

After the parties I went back to the house and Nikki was already there. She hugged me and showed me the kitten her mom gave her.
"Isn't it cute?" she asked and I nodded.
The kitten was black and white and it was cute asNikki's latest diary entry a new born puppy.
"What is it's name?"
"Kitty."

December 23, 2008
Night
Gerard's POV

"When are we going to tell them?" Nikki asked and I thought about it.
"I was thinking maybe the wedding party," I replied.
"Okay... I got all the music for the party, by the way," Nikki said and I nodded.
"Good, good...." I sighed. "This is killing me."
"I know... Tomorrow's the wedding... And I don't feel that well..."
"Of course you don't... And you won't feel well every morning until nine months..."

We fell asleep and I woke up to find that Nikki was occupying the bathroom.
Morning sickness.
I got up and got coffee and soon Nikki came from the bathroom.
"How do you feel?" I asked and she sat down.
"Bit better... Could be worse...."
I laughed and Nikki got Kitty.
"Here, Kitty... Eat up," she said and fed Kitty.
"Why'd you name her Kitty, anyway?"
"I couldn't think of anything else!" she giggled.

Wedding
Nikki's POV

Life was...

Destroyed.

I felt like the world came crashing down. Just like the World Trade Center.
I paced back and forth, careful not to rip my dress, and thought.
"What if I'm making a mistake?" I asked myself and there was a knock on the door. I opened it to find Mikey standing infront of me.
"Hello," he said and walked in. "I guess I'm going to be your brother in-law."
"Yeah... I suppose..." I said and began saying a superstition to myself.
"Something old, something new. Something borrowed, something blue... Mikey, can I ask you a favor?"
"Yeah, sure..."
"I need something borrowed," I said and pointed out what I already had.
An old necklace, the new wedding dress, the light blue clip in my hair.
"Uhmm... Let me see..." he said and was lost in deep thought. "How about... This... Eyeliner?" he asked and held up his eyeliner.
"It'll do... Thanks Mikey," I took the eyeliner and hugged him.
He left and I applied the eyeliner. I sighed and sat down. Today was the day I committed my life to him. The man I loved for only 2 years.

I walked down the aisle to the alter of the chruch in L.A., California. I took a deep breath and looked up from staring at the ground.
All eyes were on me as I rested my eyes on the man of my dreams.
Gerard Way.
I held the bouquet of roses up to my chest and followed the flowergirl, Katie, who was tossing rose petals, up beside Gerard. I held his hand as the minister began.
"We, as a community of friends, are gathered here in God's presence, to witness the marriage of Nikki White and Gerard Way and to ask God to bless them."

I took another deep breath and held on to his hand.

"I will now read a passage from the bible.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes in all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends.

Matthew 19:4-6

Jesus said, "Have you not read that the onewho made them at the beginning 'made them male and female,' and said, 'For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh'? So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate."

The minister finished from the bible and went onto a long speech.
Then the vows.

"Nikki and Gerard, you have made it know that you want to be joined in Christian marriage, and no one has shown valid reason why you may not. If either of you know any lawful impediment why you should not be married you ar now to declare it."

I didn't speak up and neither did Gerard. This was going well...

"Gerard, will you have Nikki to be your wife?"
"I will."
"Nikki, will you have Gerard to be your husband?"
I thought a second. Gerard would be my husband.
"I will."

The minister invited our parents to stand.
"Do you, the families of these two persons, give them your blessing and promise to uphold and care for them in marriage?"
"We do."
The minister invited everyone to stand.
"Do you, the friends of these two persons, give them your blessing and promise to support and honour them in their marriage?"
The whole church spoke at once, "We do."

Our wedding song played. It was my parents wedding song. "I Cross My Heart" by George Strait. It was perfect.
Vow time.

"Let us pray for this man and woman as they make their marriage vows.
Loving God, as Gerard and Nikki pledge themselves to each other, help them; that their love be pure, and their vows may be true; through Jesus Christ our lord. AMEN."

Oh god... Oh god... Vows...

"Gerard, take Nikki by the right hand and say to her:
In the presence of God and before these witnesses, I Gerard take you Nikki, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse; for richer, for poorer; in sickness and in health; in joy and in sorrow; to love and to cherish, as long as we both live. This is my solemn vow."

Gerard repeated him and stared deep into my eyes. I felt I was going to tear up, but fortunately, I didn't.

My turn.

"Nikki, take Gerard by the right hand and say to him:
In the prescence of God and before these witnesses, I Nikki take you Gerard, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse; for richer, for poorer; in sickness and in health; in joy and in sorrow; to love and to cherish, as long as we both live. This is my solemn vow."

I repeated him and I knew what came next. Being to so many weddings, I knew this.
Rings.

"Bless, O God, the giving of these rings, that those who wear them may live in faithfulness and love all their days, through Jesus Christ our Savior.
AMEN."

"Nikki, I give you this ring that you may wear it as a symbol of our marriage. With all that I am, I honour you."

"Gerard, I give you this ring that you may wear it as a symbol of our marriage. With all that I am, I honour you."

The minister said one more prayer, and then another.

"The grace of Christ attend you, the love of God surround you, the Holy Spirit keep you. AMEN.
You may now, kiss the bride."

I smiled and Gerard smiled back as we made our marriage final. With a kiss.

Another prayer and then the Lord's Prayer.

"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. AMEN.

Friends, I am very pleased to present Nikki and Gerard Way."

The church cheered and the reverend smiled. Gerard held me in his arms and I threw the flowers.
Every girl in the church dived straight for it and not one caught the bouquet.
Nope. It was a guy.
Mikey.

He looked around the room like, "WTF?!" and me and my husband laughed.

]Wedding Party
The DJ's POV

One Word:

Hard rock.

The party was jumpin' and I played all songs on the list. First was Fall Out Boy's "Dance, Dance" and then some My Chemical Romance.
My favorite band in the world.
It was an honor to be DJ at the frontman's weddin' party! Man, that girl lucky!

"Coca-Cola, please," Nikki asked because she demanded there be no al-ke-hall at the party. Understandable... Gerard's been sober how long? Four years? Wicked....
Gerard got a Coca-Cola too. From where I was behind the stereo, I could see everything.

"Lethal injection or swing from a rope if you dare," I sang to the music and the whole room sang along. Good friends of the band and Nikki were celebratin' like that were no tomorrow!

I saw that some friends of Nikki's were gettin' close to the rest of the band. Hayley scooched closer to Mikey and pretended to be interested in looking at the flowers he caught.
Lisa was with Frank - like always - and they looked like they were having a great time.

"Hey Kii Kii, can you play Taking Back Sunday?" Frank came up and asked me.
"Sure!" I replied and smiled.
Many others came and requested songs as well. Even the newlyweds themselves!
They wanted me to play, "To The End."

And I was pretty sure they'd be together 'to the end'.

Like the bible says...

"Love Never Ends."