Learn to Spell, God!

Sieze The Day

Jenn’s POV.

I banged my head back onto the pillow behind me. I hate when I can’t sleep on planes! It’s exhausting, really. Sophie, the lucky bitch, was snoring lightly with her mouth lolling open and cheek pressed against the cold window. Her breathing kept creating a fog across the glass. Layla’s iPod was on so loud next to me, I could have sung along to Avenged Sevenfold with her. Why is she listening to them when we’re on tour and hear them everyday? Strange girl.

“I miss them already.” Danni said from the seat behind me.

“Me too.” Agreed Pippa, hitting the back of Sophie’s chair when she snorted in her sleep.

“Ow! I was having a nice dream!” Sophie’s head flew forward and collided with the back of the seat in front, causing her to wake up.

“About Brian?!” Teased Danni. Sophie just blushed and ignored the comment. She too plugged in her iPod and turned it up as loud as it would go.

This was going to be a long flight home.

*

“As some of you may know, we have taken time out from our tour so Sophie, Layla and Danni could pay tribute to the deceased. We wanted to sing this song, for him and them.” Pippa spoke into the microphone. It was really nice of Julie to ask us to perform.

Sophie was scrabbling with her phone by one of the amps. The only sound in the church was the amplified ringing of Brian’s phone. We were calling them, so they could hear us perform one of their greatest songs.

“Hello?” Brian’s voice broke the nervous silence that was laying itself over the church.

“Seize the day, or die regretting the time we lost . . .” Pippa began, cuing our participation.

I was stood closest to the amp with Sophie’s phone on and could hear Brian say, “Guys. Guys! Come here and listen.”

Layla, Sophie and Danni’s heads were all bowed over their instruments and I could see tears rolling down each of their cheeks. Even Pippa was trying not to choke up whilst she was singing. I had goose bumps; mainly because this song really gets to me.

The song seemed to take an eternity. It must have been because of the silence of our audience, and the generally depressing atmosphere of the event. As soon as we had finished it though, Sophie ignored the clapping we received and scooped up her phone. The last we heard was Brian tell her how amazing it was, and Sophie walked off saying, “I really miss you.”

The rest of the sermon was people paying their respects to the coffin that was sat on top of the alter. Once we were signalled to go up, Layla and Danni grasped one of my hands each, cutting the circulation off from them. I could never imagine what it was like for them, to loose someone who had once been so close. It made matters worse because the incidents that had happened right near the start of the tour.

We made it to about a foot away from where the coffin lay, and Layla and Danni stopped dead in their tracks, feet firmly planted to the ground.

“I-I can’t look at him.” Danni murmured between sobs. Layla just stared at her shoes, nodding slightly in agreement.

*

“Is it ready yet?” Pippa asked Sophie from beneath her blanket.

“Nearly there . . .” Sophie’s rear end was hoisted in the air as she attempted to connect some wires behind her large TV. There was a flash of light from the screen and we suddenly heard male voices talking.

Sophie came and took her seat on the floor, and we waited for the webcam to bring up an image. It was only a few seconds and we had a connection. All five of them were sat in the lounge area on the bus, beers in hand. As soon as we saw this, there was a gabble of their names in no particular order which grabbed their attention.

“Oh look at this! We have free girl on girl action coming up on our screen!” Laughed Jimmy. I missed his laugh and we’d only been back home for twenty four hours.

“How you guys holding up?” Matt asked.

“Those three,” Pippa pointed in Layla, Sophie and Danni’s direction, “have cried an ocean today and re applied their make up far too many times. And myself and Jenn haven’t been too bad. Just suffering from withdrawal symptoms.”

“Ahhhh you guys, it’s been too quiet on this bus without you!” Johnny said from the back of the room.

“We decided to have a clean up though in your absence.” Brian explained. “Sophie, when did you get these?” He held up a bright pink pair of French knickers to the screen.

“BRIAN ELWIN HANER!” Was the response, but not from Sophie. “You put my underwear back where you found it. NOW!” Demanded Layla, who was quickly getting redder and redder.

“Ooo!” Zack stole the underwear from Brian and pulled them over his black hair.

The sight was more than enough to send us into hysterics, along with the guys. Even when they weren’t with us, they were with us. It really makes no sense, so I didn’t bother saying it and having to waste my breath explaining it. It meant that we could be with them and enjoy their company with out even being in the same state. It would have been more fun if we had been there.

“Oh! Whilst we’re on the subject of peoples personal belongings . . .” Sophie said. “Johnny, don’t plant durex packets in Danni’s suit case ever again. Especially when I’m sharing said suit case.” It was now Johnny’s turn to go red.

“She’ll sleep with you when she’s good and ready!” I added.

“Which will be after our gang bang tonight!” Layla joked. By the looks on the guys faces, they though she had been serious and weren’t planning to turn off the webcam any time soon.

“What time are you guys going for your plane?” Jimmy cut in, ending our fun.

“We’ve gotta leave here at . . . two.” This earned groans from us all. Why did we book such an early flight?

“Can we leave the webcam on then? We don’t mind if you wanna sleep.” Matt asked. It sounded as if they’d been planning this.

“Um, okay? I don’t see why not.” Sophie replied, yawning. “Thinking of sleep, I’m going to get some seeing as it’s now eleven.”

“Good night!” They chorused. “We’ll turn the sound off so we don’t disturb your slumber.” Brian said, waving at the screen.

With that, we all huddled under our duvets and blankets, letting quiet banter linger in the background as one by one, we fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
It was going to be 2, but I couldnt think of anything to write to get it to an acceptable length to be split into 2.
This isnt great. Sorry.
Get us to . . . say 115 comments? We can settle for 113 I'm sure.
But still, aim high!!!
Soph xxx