Learn to Spell, God!

Gothic Playboy Bunnies

Pippa’s POV

Long Beach! Finally! It feels so good to be back here. The only problem? Sophie, Danni and Layla have disappeared. I have a feeling where they may be though. I grabbed Jenn’s arm and excused us from the bus. Don’t ask me why the guy’s weren’t revelling in the fact that they’re back in Orange County, I have no idea what’s going through their minds.

I unlocked the door to Matt’s escalade, which I had previously ‘acquired’ the keys to, and both me and Jenn got in. God, this car looks like it’d cost more than most people earn in a year! Flash git. I sped along the freeway as fast as the speed limit would allow me, towards Long Beach cemetery which, surprisingly, isn’t actually in Long Beach, it’s actually ten miles outside said place.

When we eventually navigated our way to the cemetery, we cautiously made our way through the graves to the place where Ali had been laid to rest a few weeks previously. Sophie, Danni and Layla were crowded around it, a single purple rose lay on the mound of earth that was gradually being covered with grass. Their eyes, unblinking, were filled with tears. What had caused all this previously withheld emotion? My eyes scanned the gravestone and I immediately understood why. A poem that they had studied together in English Language had been carved there.

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am in a thousand winds that blow,
I am the softly falling snow.
I am the gentle showers of rain,
I am the fields of ripening grain.
I am in the morning hush,
I am in the graceful rush
Of beautiful birds in circling flight,
I am the star shine of the night.
I am in the flowers that bloom,
I am in a quiet room.
I am in the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there. I do not die.


I could feel myself gradually getting overcome with emotion, even though I hardly knew the guy. The impact he’d had on three of my band-mate’s lives was unbelievable. They were never going to forgetting, I can be sure of that. By the looks of things, the poem had had the same effect on Jenn as it did on me and for that I’m grateful. Grateful for the insight that the poem had given us into the lives they had already lead before Jenn and I moved here.
***

“C’mon people! We’re going to see Kali!” Layla bounced around the bus trying, and failing, to get they guy’s to get up to come with us. They merely turned their heads towards her and raised their eyebrows.

“We’re already in Cali, dumbass.” Matt rolled his eyes.

“She doesn’t mean that Cali. She means Kali Mattu, her teacher.” I informed him.

“Oh right. Wait, teacher?” Matt seemed confused.

“You’ll see. Come on, I think she’ll explode if we make her wait any longer.” I pulled Matt up off the sofa and dragged him out of the bus, the guys following us as we followed my band mates down the street to the practice studio.

By the time we had reached the studio, Layla had already ran inside, unable to contain her excitement anymore. Matt leaned down and whispered in my ear.

“What are we doing here?”

“You are going to meet California’s finest.” I told him, proudly.

“Since when was Layla one of California’s finest?” And finest what?” Poor little confused Matthew.

“Since before you knew her and you’ll see. Now, come on, we’ve gotta get inside or they’ll start without us” I told him as we walked through the door into the practise room. I glanced at the guys and saw their eyes widen at the steel band that was assembled right in front of their eyes.

“Holy fuck.” Zacky gasped.

“Yeah, it’s awesome. Just wait until they play.” I informed them.

We filed into a corner as Kali went and sat behind the drum kit and started playing an introduction. Recognising their cue, everyone except four people began rolling a chord before playing an incredibly quick chord sequence and the last four, the soprano’s, joined in. Another roll and chord sequence followed before everyone except Layla and the girl stopped playing momentarily. Three notes were played and the rest of the band came in with the harmonies. This continued for about five minutes until the sopranos played a chromatic sequence before three chords were rolled, each progressing in volume, the last roll the loudest, before the drums stopped playing, signalling the end of the song.

“Oh my god.” Brian gasped, after a loud round of applause from us spectators.

“You like, huh?” Layla giggled. “It’s amazing what goes on that you don’t know about isn’t it?”

“Yeah! But, you didn’t tell us! Why!?” Johnny pouted.

“Never crossed my mind, I guess. But I had to come play again, I’ve missed these guy’s and they’ve learnt some more music that I’ll have to catch up on when tour finishes.” She shrugged.

“You’ve missed us, huh?” A guy with blond hair probed.

“No. You’re all dicks and I hate you. What the hell do you think?! ‘Course I missed you! But I’m afraid we have to go sound check now. I’ll see you guy’s soon, yeah?” She raced around the room, giving everyone a hug, before leading us out of the door. An attack of questions was waiting for her.

***

“Show time people!” I heard Jason Berry yell at us as we were all crowded around the mirror, putting the final touches to our appearances. “Hurry the fuck up!” He yelled again, getting impatient. Sophie shouted back at him, it was something along the lines of ‘Give us a fucking minute! We’re busy here!’ I laughed and replaced the cap on my eyeliner, fluffed my hair and made my way towards the side of the stage.

Once I was joined by the other four, we strode out onto the stage and the lights turned pink. Cue screams. I grabbed the microphone and began to rile up the crowd.

“Hello Long Beach! You have no idea how amazing it is to play for y’all tonight! I know for sure that the guys have an amazing show prepared for you, so let’s get it started!” After I said this, I noticed a banner that was being held up by a girl with blonde hair and a slightly taller girl with gingery hair. I gulped. “Before I do that though, I have a request to make, could the girls with the banner that says ‘Pure Poison, yes please!’, please move it so we can see their loverly faces?” The two girls obliged. The moment I saw their faces, I knew who they were. I smiled at them. “Okay then, let’s go!” Jenn played the introduction to Blackula as I got the crowd clapping.

Half an hour later, we were at our last song. We weren’t playing one of our own though, we were going to show up Avenged Sevenfold and play one of their songs.

“Well now Long Beach, we hope you liked our stuff, but now we’re gonna play some old A7X that they’ll never play live again. So think yourselves lucky, we’ll play it for you. Before we play it though, can I just ask the girls with the banner to please hang around after the show? We’ve missed them all too much.” I told the crowd before we launched into ‘Art of Subconscious Illusion’.

A living nightmare, asleep but still aware.
The endless torture.
The painless pleasure.
I grasp myself.
Trying to regain control.
I experience and learn.
In another faction of my mind.
So confused.
But everything makes perfect sense.
Can't feel the pain.
Emotional pain's so much deadlier.
Lost, you've just been raped.
Pain. Your friends can't help you.
Why won't they help you? Another reality.

This can't be happening.
Why is this happening?
Who the fuck are you?
Who the fuck. Are you?

Trying hard to figure out what's done.
I scramble but now I run.
The images in my head.
All the problems that I've been fed.

Punching slowly my mind can't change the speed.
As my victims bleed.
No matter what I do or how hard I try.
I can't use my abilities.
Use my abilities.
Use my abilities.

Art of Illusion.

My razor sharp knife's edge, pierces my victim's body.
But I cannot take their soul.
Punching through jello, stabbing not killing.
Disappointment. Discomfort.

My razor sharp knife's edge, pierces my victim's body.
But I can't take their soul.
Punching through jello, stabbing not killing.
Disappointment. Discomfort.


The crowd screamed appreciatively as we walked off stage, avoiding the guys. We had an outfit change to take care of. A very provocative change.

Matt’s POV

They did our song to much justice. We’d have to play it live again some other time now just to prove that they’re not better than us at playing it. Before we had a change to congratulate them, they ran off towards their dressing room to get changed for their little ‘performance’ during our set. I have to say, I’m looking forward to it immensely.

They didn’t appear again before the beginning of our set so, unfortunately, we had to walk on stage without hugs. We launched straight into Critical Acclaim, not paying the crowd any attention until the end of the song when they screamed. Acknowledging the crowd, I grabbed the microphone.

“How you doing Long Beach?” Screams. “You like Pure Poison, huh? Well, I’m sure you’ll see them again very soon! But now, you all like our old stuff, yes?” I paused for a response before continuing. “I’ll take that as a yes. Here’s Second Heartbeat!” Brian and Zacky played the introduction to the song as Jimmy gave them a beat with the drums.

At the end of the song, I noticed a banner in the crowd.

“So, guys and girls, there are some interesting banners out there tonight. Someone had some fun with the glitter I see… It appears that Pure Poison have some incredibly loyal fans out there tonight. ‘A7X? No way. Give us Pure Poison!’ What you wish, they’ll be out later, I can tell you that! But, won’t we do?” I begged. The crowd screamed in response. A minute later, Pippa emerged onto the stage, wearing a silk dressing gown, clutching her phone.

“Shadows! Stop harassing my friends! Or they’ll harass you!” She said, before stalking off stage again, a few wolf whistles following her as she went.

“So, we have some friends in the crowd, huh? Well, I apologise for what I said. Now, are you ready to scream?!” The lights went down so the girls could take their places on the riser behind Jimmy. None of us had seen their costumes so it would be a shock to all of us when the lights came back up.

Caught up in this madness too blind to see
Woke animal feelings in me
Took over my sense and I lost control
I'll taste your blood tonight

You know I make you wanna scream
You know I make you wanna run from me baby
But know it's too late you've wasted all your time

Relax while you're closing your eyes to me
So warm as I'm setting you free
With your arms by your side there's no struggling
Pleasure's all mine this time

You know I make you wanna scream
You know I make you wanna run from me baby
But know it's too late you've wasted all your time

Cherishing, those feelings pleasuring
Cover me, unwanted clemency
Scream till there's silence
Scream while there's life left, vanishing
Scream from the pleasure unmask your desire
Perishing

We've all had a time where we've lost control
We've all had our time to grow
I'm hoping I'm wrong but I know I'm right
I'll hunt again one night

You know I make you wanna scream
You know I make you wanna run from me baby
But know it's too late you've wasted all your time

Cherishing, those feelings pleasuring
Cover me, unwanted clemency
Scream till there's silence
Scream while there's life left, vanishing
Scream from the pleasure unmask your desire
Perishing

Some live repressing their instinctive feelings
Protest the way we're built don't point the blame on me

Scream, Scream, Scream the way you would if I ravaged your body
Scream, Scream, Scream the way you would if I ravaged your mind

Cherishing, those feelings pleasuring
Cover me, unwanted clemency
Scream till there's silence
Scream while there's life left, vanishing
Scream from the pleasure unmask your desire
Perishing


During the guitar solo, I glanced behind me at our ‘dancers’, they were getting such a good reception from the crowd. I saw what they were wearing and I physically felt my jaw drop. Think gothic playboy bunny and you’re not far off. It was purely mind-blowing.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm soop sorry it took me this long to update.
I've been rather busy: school, steel pans, twilight.
I apologise again and I hope you like the chapter.
170 comments sound fair to you?
Loveage and Skittles xxxxxxxx