Learn to Spell, God!

Lonely Hearts Club Band

Layla’s POV

BIKE! BIKE! BIKE! I think I’ve died. Seriously, my bike is an orgasm on wheels; Sophie’s is not too bad, either.

Sophie had just gotten off the phone with the dealer when she discovered a new email. She moved over to her own bunk, she knows me too well, obviously. Her eyes skimmed over the screen; her expression weakening the more she read. A tear rolled down her cheek as she stood up and left her laptop behind on the bunk. She stumbled down the stairs towards where everyone else was congregated, leaving me up here with her laptop; a series of loud sobs floated up to where I was sat.

I quickly stole her laptop and proceeded to read her email.

From: Hospital Director (hospital.cheyenne@medoffice.com)
Sent: 02 May 2009 15:27:59
To: Sophie Heaviside (loservillequeen@hotmail.co.uk)

To Miss Heaviside,
It has come to my attention that the treatment you received under our care was not fully viable. The doctor who treated you, Doctor Doe, gave you false information. He told you that your pregnancy was caused by your attacker, but that can not have been possible. It can take up to five days for an egg to be fertilised, therefore your child can not have been your attackers. I am terribly sorry to tell you this. You do, of course, have the right to sue the hospital if you so choose. Once again, I apologise for this trauma. Doctor Doe is being dealt with as we speak.

Yours sincerely,

Jack White

Hospital Director
Cheyenne General Hospital


I felt my jaw drop. I knew there was something shifty about that doctor, his name said it all, really. I closed Sophie's laptop and carried down the stairs with me to where she now was.

The scene in the living area was not a good one. Sophie was collapsed in Brian’s arms, slowly staining his shirt with her tears. I received several questioning looks as I entered the room. I handed Brian the laptop before taking my seat next to Zack.

I watched Brian’s expression carefully as he opened Sophie’s laptop and read the email. His expression changed from confused to sad to angry, all within the space of the time it takes to read an email. He untangled himself from Sophie and stormed off the bus, slamming the door behind him.

Danni and I immediately ran over to Sophie and embraced her sobbing form. The guys all followed Brian, all looking very confused. I let Sophie cry into my top as Danni, Pippa and Jenn read the email. Their expressions were all very similar, shocked and disgusted. They took my place as comforter, which allowed me to shut down Sophie’s laptop. Feeling my phone vibrate in my pocket, I pulled it out and read the message I had received. It was from Zack.

Is Sophie okay?

I replied as quickly as my hands would allow me.

No she isn’t. And you know something. I know you do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah yeas, we're seeing how many updates we can write today =]
Loveage xxxx