Learn to Spell, God!

The Beginning Of The End.

Layla’s POV.

I let my eyelids drops. I couldn’t fight my need for sleep any longer. Sure, it was only early afternoon but it was raining outside and we’re finally home after the tour; I deserve a rest. I say we were home; technically Zacky had dragged me over to Brian’s. I didn’t mind though, I got to see Sophie and Pinkly ... and hijack Brian’s huge plasma TV.

*

A loud snort woke me. Why is it when you finally get the sleep you need, you always feel more tired afterwards?! I peeked cautiously over at Sophie whose mouth was hanging open. I would throw a pillow at her right now, but I’m too lazy. I tried to return to unconsciousness but once again I was distracted; this time by Brian and Zack murmuring about having to wake us up.

“If you dare wake me up I’ll show you the meaning of meat and one veg.” I mumbled as the sofa sunk slightly when they sat down between myself and my snoring band mate.

I heard Brian chuckle quietly at my threat whilst Zacky made no move to disturb me.

“What if I told you we had a party to go to tonight?” Zacky whispered to me.

“What kind of party?” I asked sceptically, still keeping my eyes tight shut.

“The kind where you can wear your prom dress, so it doesn’t go to waste.”

“For real?!” I yelled. Sophie shot upright, sending Pinkly tumbling off of her stomach and hitting her forehead on Brian’s chin.

Sophie groaned loudly, burying her head in Brian’s lap whilst he cussed over his jaw. Zack was in peels of laughter next to me and I was trying very hard not to giggle at them.

“Talk about a rude awakening.” Sophie muttered, giving me the middle finger.

“I don’t care! We get to go to a party and wear our prom dresses!” I told her, positively bouncing in my seat.

Without another word, Sophie and I ran upstairs to Brian’s room to get ready. Why do we choose Brian’s room you ask? I don’t know ... maybe because it’ll soon be Sophie’s too. I quickly remembered that my prom dress was at Zack’s and trailed back downstairs to beg his car keys off of him. When I made it to the lounge he was stood, holding my prom dress and shoes for me.

“Gates and Vengeance have been scheming!” I called up to Sophie who laughed in reply. I wagged my finger at Zacky before taking my stuff and racing back upstairs.

“Whoa!” She exclaimed as I walked through the bedroom door with my things. “Those are bedroom shoes, honey.”

“And this is destruction of nuclear proportions.” I laughed seeing the clothes that were now scattered over the floor. The girl can destroy a room in less than a minute.

*

“Are we late?” Pippa asked. “I can hear music and people.”

“Well ... it started at six, but you guys were all dead on your feet we thought we’d give you and extra hour to sleep.” Jimmy admitted.

I have to say, I’m impressed by how well Avenged scrub up. They’re all in flash suits – ties and all! Though, they refused to wear nice shoes. Sophie and I had a monumental battle with Zacky and Brian about there choice of foot wear before the limo came to pick us up. Guess which side lost and sat in a sulk for the duration of the limo ride before everyone else was picked up?

We walked cautiously next to the guys who all seemed really smug with themselves. I’ll never understand those men. We continued to follow the sound of music until we got to a set of large, double wooden doors. Matt stepped forward and opened them to reveal the room.

Tears immediately welled up in my eyes and I heard the others screaming or sobbing. There were screams from inside the room and all of a sudden we’d been tackled to the floor by our best friends! No wonder they were so excited yesterday; I thought they were just hyper. I didn’t realise they’d been in on this secret too.

“How is this even possible?!” Jenn asked, wiping away tears as Allanah helped her up.

“You’ll have to thank Synyster Gates for this one girls. He rearranged your prom so you wouldn’t miss it.”

“Brian, you did this just so we could have a prom?” Sophie asked, a new wave of tears looked ready to spill from her eyes.

Brian nodded in reply, bashfully. I really am impressed, honestly.

Brian was engulfed in the biggest group hug I’ve ever witnessed, by all of the band and our friends. Well, Brian has definitely out done himself this time. This time round, it’s a good thing the guys schemed.

“Okay, break it up!” Johnny ordered, ushering us into the room.

We each grabbed a guys hand and dragged them into the middle of the dance floor. It is our prom, so we deserve a dance with them. Not too late either, All I Ever Wanted by Basshunter came on. The perfect song to sum this all up really.

The room was jumping, literally. We’d all forgotten our previous need for sleep, which was now replaced by indescribable joy and – if it were even possible – more love for the guys. People were taping my shoulders constantly as we danced, wanting to say hi and ask how the tour was.

People I’ve never even talked to wanted me to sign their year books because I was in a band and I was famous! You’ve got to love how shallow high school can be.

After a while my feet began to throb so I decided to join everyone else at a table. Danni was suddenly scampering away when I approached. I didn’t ask any questions and took my seat in Zacky’s lap. I planted my lips on his so I could sneakily prise his drink from his hand. Why should I buy my own when he has a perfectly good one? Allanah winked at me and giggled from Jason’s lap.

Danni returned a few minutes later with none other that Jason Fisher in tow. I have to say, we really owe him a lot. If he hadn’t caught Sophie’s eye then we would never have met Avenged. Sophie noticed Amy’s eyes on her and shifted slightly in Brian’s lap.

“Sophie, I think you owe someone a dance ...” Danni said, pulling Jason forward by his wrist. Both he and Sophie were blushing.

Brian merely chuckled and shifted her off his lap. She turned back with a worried expression at the gesture. Brian stood too and whispered something in her ear, causing a smile to break out across her face. She pecked his lips quickly before leading Jason away.

“Not worried about your competition?” I asked Brian with a laugh.

“Not in the slightest.” And so the smug Synyster Gates was back.

A little while later the others had disappeared and myself and Allanah were the only ones left with the guys. I couldn’t find my band mates on the dance floor, but there were so many people it was hard to pick them out.

Zacky suddenly stiffened underneath me and growled slightly.

“Jethro ...” Zacky muttered under his breath.

I looked at him pointedly before holding my left hand in front of his face, reminding him of the ring on my finger and what it meant. I raised my eyebrows at him causing him to chuckle nervously.

“I’m not here to ask her to dance.” Jethro had his hands in the air just in case Zack thought he was crossing his fingers or something. “I need to escort her to the stage.”

“Stage?” I asked.

“Oh yeah! Sure, take her away.” Zacky smiled, pushing me to my feet and stealing his drink back.

I climbed onto the stage with little grace; it’s hard to get around in a short, tight dress and a pair of heels that aren’t made for walking. I joined my band members who were stood behind the curtain with all our instruments set up, arguing in hushed tones.

“’Sup my hoes?” I asked, joining their huddle.

“What song are we supposed to do on such short notice?” Pippa was panicking. “And if anyone says Seize The Day I will have no hesitation in killing them! We need something a little more fresh.”

We all stood, thinking for a few minutes. Danni, Jenn and I gave our suggestions but Pippa wasn’t confident enough she could remember the lyrics. Sophie looked like she was away with the fairies until she began pulling the ruffles of her dress higher and higher up her thigh. She revealed a purple garter – no doubt donated by Brian – with what looked like sheet music folded up and tucked under it.

“Dancing With Myself! We’ve rehearsed it and it’s such a simple song to sing. I have the music.” She handed us each a piece of paper.

“Why in the name of all that is Sevenfold did you bring this with you?!” Jenn asked.

“It’s for emergencies. I always have sheet music tucked into my bra or under a garter.” She shrugged and walked off to her drum kit.

“T.M.I.” I giggled.

Pippa was reading through her lyrics at top speed; she’d have it word perfect anyway. Jenn was moving her hands up and down the fret board of her guitar quickly, mouthing the words too, as was Danni. I looked at my music once, closed my eyes and recited the tabs. Thank God for a photographic memory! Sophie had it easy because she could put any beat to the song.

She began playing a beat and Jethro took this as his cue to open the curtains. We did a quick tune up in the time it took for him to do so, and for the audience to realise what was going on. Pippa tapped her microphone carefully before addressing the congregation.

“Um, hi! You know, over the past seven months we’ve played the biggest gigs of our lives and with one of rock and roll’s biggest bands too. But I have to say, even though this place is nothing like any gig arena, I am the most scared to perform ever! Most of you don’t know us because we’re the ‘rock n’ roll rejects’ that society never accepted. We wear too much eyeliner and like sculls and the colour black and wearing converse. However, we’ve had the most amazing time on tour. Don’t be too jealous though; we still had to study and do our finals. Guess what though? We’re world fuckin’ wide famous! That’s right, we’re Pure Poison and we’re here for one night only to win your hearts, steal your souls and take your boyfriends virginity!”

As soon as Pippa finished her speech, we all just lost ourselves in the music.

On the floor of Tokyo
Or down in London town to go, go
With the record selection
With the mirror reflection
I'm dancing with myself

When there's no-one else in sight
In the crowded lonely night
Well I wait so long
For my love vibration
And I'm dancing with myself

Oh dancing with myself
Oh dancing with myself
Well there's nothing to lose
And there's nothing to prove
I'll be dancing with myself

If I looked all over the world
And there's every type of girl
But your empty eyes
Seem to pass me by
Leave me dancing with myself

So let's sink another drink
'Cause it'll give me time to think
If I had the chance
I'd ask the world to dance
And I'll be dancing with myself

Oh dancing with myself
Oh dancing with myself
Well there's nothing to lose
And there's nothing to prove
I'll be dancing with myself

If I looked all over the world
And there's every type of girl
But your empty eyes
Seem to pass me by
Leave me dancing with myself

So let's sink another drink
'Cause it'll give me time to think
If I had the chance
I'd ask the world to dance
And I'll be dancing with myself

Oh dancing with myself
Oh dancing with myself
If I had the chance
I'd ask the world to dance
If I had the chance
I'd ask the world to dance
If I had the chance
I'd ask the world to dance


Pippa had already pulled her mike out of its stand but now she jumped off the stage and ran to the back of the room. The guys knew she was going for them. They dropped their ‘too cool to care’ act and bounded up the room to join us on stage.

Dancing with myself
Dancing with myself
Dancing with myself
Dancing with myself

If I looked all over the world
And there's every type of girl
But your empty eyes
Seem to pass me by
Leave me dancing with myself

So let's sink another drink
'Cause it'll give me time to think
If I had the chance
I'd ask the world to dance
And I'll be dancing with myself

Oh dancing with myself
Oh dancing with myself
If I had the chance
I'd ask the world to dance
If I had the chance
I'd ask the world to dance
If I had the chance
I'd ask the world to dance


“Happy graduation, biznatch!” Pippa laughed before the lights went out and left us on stage in complete darkness, listening to our class mates go crazy clapping, screaming and whistling at us.
♠ ♠ ♠
It feels good to post this (:
And it feels even better to finally be back with the internet. I loved my holiday, but I missed being able to read & write updates.
This is it! The almost end, officially. Layla covered the issues previously with previous updates and future ones. The sequel will be slower than this because A levels are a bitch. Someone described GCSE's as primary school work in comparison! Jesus ...
Comments, lots of comments. Including you Miss Hooper. (:
This'll be finished by the end of August I would think. LOVAGE! xo