Status: In Progress

Beautifully Broken

Chapter 6

Needless to say there was a hell of a lot of tension in the room, as a matter of fact it was so thick…..you could cut it with a freaking butter knife. Menacing glares were shared generously between me and the dick….err…..Joe, who, for whatever reason (probably to piss me off) he chose to sit across from me. While Nick sat across form Alyssa (who was ecstatic) and Kevin across from Vanessa (who could care less). Surprisingly the guy’s didn’t have their parents with them, from what the girls and I had read/heard about them, they seemed to be a close knit family. Their manager Philip was the only one who accomplished them oh and their bodyguard “Big Rob” who was pretty much the sweetest guy I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. To be honest none of us were really paying attention to what our managers were saying, we were all kind of in our own world. Alyssa and Nick were in their own little world flirting talking while Vanessa and Kevin seemed to be somewhat interested in what the adults were saying. I guess since they were oldest and most maturest out of all of us, I on the other hand couldn’t give a shit about what they were discussing. I was playing with my iPhone responding to some of our fans tweets on Twitter when all of a sudden dick head got up and sat beside me.

Not even bothering to look at him, I continued what I was doing while asking him, “Can I help you with something?” He didn’t respond, so looked over at him and noticed he was looking at me…..observing me somewhat…….I put my iPhone down and crossed my arms over my chest. “What?” He just smiled at me.

He leaned over and whispered in my ear, “Sorry I was just thinking to myself, for such a bitch, you sure are pretty.” I saw him glance over at everyone else to make sure they weren’t looking before continuing, “I like your hair by the way…..it’s different…..and refreshing.” He finished before pulling back and smirking at me, before turning his attention to the conversation taking place between our managers.

What.The.Hell. ……..Was this guy freaking bipolar? I mean……..one minute he looked like he wanted to kill me…….the next he was complimenting me?!

Leaning over to him I angrily whispered, “What the hell is your problem? Do you suffer from mental illness? Because if you do, I need to know so I can mentally prepare myself before we go on this Godforsaken tour.”

He just laughed before responding, “No…….not that I’m aware of, but you on the other hand…..I don’t know…..have you ever had any psychological testing done?” I was about to angrily reply but as I opened my mouth he chuckled, “Relax I was just joking, you shouldn’t take things so seriously.”

I scoffed, “Well forgive me for getting offended when someone insinuates that I’m crazy.”

He sighed before looking serious for once, “Look…….contrary to what you may think of me, I’m not an asshole, you just happened to catch me at a bad time that night.”

“And what about this morning? When you first came in?”

He rolled his eyes, “Come on, give me a break. How would you feel if you just got off of a three month tour and was expecting to take a nice and deserved break only to find out that you’ve been scheduled to go on another three month tour with a band you know nothing about?”

“Tell me about it, and then to schedule a meeting at such an ungodly hour…….I’m not a morning person.”

He laughed slightly, “Neither am I……….so…….can we start over?”

I thought about it, he did after all seem like a nice guy, “Okay…….I'm Aurora or Rihanna…..or whatever. I prefer Aurora, when I’m not performing at least.”

“Pretty name…….I’m Joe…..obviously.” By now our chairs were turned around so that they were facing each other, I noticed he had really gorgeous eyes… All of a sudden a growl was heard from someones stomach…..mine to be precise, thankfully Joe was the only one who heard…..but still it was embarrassing.

He laughed slightly, “You hungry?”

I blushed, “Yeah I kinda woke up early and didn’t have time to eat breakfast.”

“Me too…….you wanna go get something to eat?”

“Ummm...….I don’t think it would be a good idea to just up and leave in a middle of a meeting.” I laughed.

“Were not actually gonna leave the damn building, theirs a little lunch area down the hall, they have snacks and stuff. It’s not much…….but it’ll do.”

I shrugged, “Okay, let me just tell Alyssa.” I leaned over and poked Alyssa .

“Oww,” She exclaimed, “What is it Rora? I was in the middle of a conversation.” She said smiling over at Nick.

I rolled my eyes, “Whatever, Look Joe and I are gonna go down the hall to get some snacks, we'll be right back okay?”

A look of confusion came over her face, “I thought you two hated each other?”

“I'll explain later.”

“You better.” She said before turning her attention back to a certain Jonas Brother.

I rolled my eyes as I got up out my seat and Joe and I walked out the room, and started walking down the hall.

“So how old are you?” He suddenly asked.

“Seventeen, you?”

“Twenty, and really? You look so much older.” He said shocked.

I laughed, “Yeah I get that a lot, it's mostly because of my boobs. Their so freaking big.” I said without thinking, immediately regretting it as soon as it came out my mouth. “Sorry....TMI, I know.”

He smirked, “Nah, It's cool....and for the record.....I like your rack.” He smirked before walking ahead of me. Wait......was Joe Jonas....flirting with me? One word to describe how I feel right now?

Confused.

So Damn Confused.