Echo

Echo

A few minutes later, our good friends Hailey Harley and Dakota Kijito arrived and met us at our lockers. We greeted them as we always with a hug, and I studied them also as I always did.

Dakota was the same as ever. Her straight black hair hung long past her shoulders and her bangs were falling into her dark eyes that set out against her olive skin. If you didn’t know Dakota well enough, you might think she was slow or stupid. But she was the complete opposite. Even now, her eyes and whole face was relaxed and looked dreamy or in a far off place, but Dakota was anything but a dreamer. She was just always alert and thinking, processing everything first. She smiled as we greeted her, but when Hailey fell into chatter, Dakota fell silent, but appeared to be listening intently.

Hailey, on the other hand, was the complete opposite. Leap before you look was her motto. She never thought twice before she opened her mouth, and it was usually at the wrong time. As she was putting books in her locker, she kept on talking. We smirked behind her back as she entertained the confined space, fixing her bright red hair in its bob, and straightening her bangs.

She turned, not even missing a syllable as she went on about this new perfume she got. Her deep blue eyes were raised to the heavens as she talked about her pesky brother, but as she did, the light hit her finely carved features, accentuating her small nose, eyes, and mouth, and brought out her pale face.

She was a lot taller than all of us, and when we were forced to listen to her, we had to look up to her, almost as if she were a god. Just the thought amused me.

As usual, just as we headed off to our first period class, Annie Carla burst through the doors, her golden brown hair askew, flying slightly. Her golden brown eyes held a terrified stare as she listened to the music playing, knowing she was going to be late. Again.

“Ohh,” she moaned, her full lips in a pout as she dashed to her locker. “Oh, this is it, Mr. James is gonna kill me…’ People scattered out of her way as she bustled through, knowing well enough not to stop her. God bless anyone who got in her way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, I took the third chapter and split it up into two, because it was like, uber long. Hopefully, I'll have a new chapter up real soon!