Status: Finished

The Tiniest Lie Rips Out Your Whole Soul

Chapter 01: The Streets of Paris

"Bien, correct, je parlerai… juste pour satisfaire… l'arrêt !" The poor vampire begged me as I had his arm behind his back and pulling and almost breaking it off. "Okay, okay, I'll talk... just please... stop!"

"Parle d'abord et je laisserai go." I whispered dangerously next to his ear. "Speak first and I'll let go."

"J'ai entendu… quelque chose au sujet de de ce que vous parlez. Ils ont dit qu'ils allaient le déplacer encore, quelque part en Amérique, le New Jersey" He said, his face screwed in pain.
"I heard... something about what you're talking about. They said they were going to move him again, somewhere in America, New Jersey, I think."

I pulled his arm and he winced."Où dans le New Jersey? “"Where in New Jersey?"

"Trenton!" He yelled in pain.

"Merci." "Thank you." I said in a monotone voice, I let go of his arm and he fell to the floor and he hugged his hurt arm. I took out my gun and aimed at his heart, the man turned around, his eyes held more fear than before.

"Bu-mais, je t'ai dit everything.” The vampire whimpered. "Bu-but, I told you everything".

"J'ai dit que je vous laisserais partir, I n'a jamais indiqué n'importe quoi au sujet de ne pas tuer you." "I said I would let you go, I never said anything about not killing you." I said in the same monotone as before and before he could run, I fired the gun and the bullet hit his heart and dead man's blood dried his entire body to ashes.

As I walked out of the alley and into the jacket closer to me, not that I felt cold because I was already cold, but it was what humans would do.

It started to rain in the streets of Paris and the water drenched my body. My eyes black and I was hungry. I walked into some bar full of those criminals of Paris. The door made no sound as I walked in. I reached the bar and sat on a bar stool. Two seats away was a buff guy, a cigar between his thin lips. I only needed to look once to memorize everything about the human.

He had dirty green eyes that went well with his peach skin and dark brown hair and square jaw. He got off his stool and sat on the one next to mine. He had a smirk on his face.

"Parlez-vous français, beau ?" His smirk got wider. "Do you speak French, beautiful?"

I giggled like an ordinary-clueless-American-girl would do and I flipped my hair.

"Un peu, juste le basic." "A little bit, just the basics."

He got closer to me and whispered in my ear.

"Je peux t'enseigner, si vous souhaitez, toute la nuit. le “"I could teach you, if you wish, all night long."

I let out another giggled and hid my face, but then I turned to him with a lustful look.

"Merci, j'aimerais that." "Thanks, I would love that."

Soon, my back is on the wall of the dark alley behind the bar and his lips are on my neck sucking and nibbling; I let out fake moans and run my hands through his hair. He removed my leather jacket and his eyes held even more lust as he saw my outfit. I was wearing a black skirt and a black dress shirt that showed my shoulders and half my back.

He lifted me off of the ground by grabbing my thighs. The make-out began to get heavier and heavier. His hand slipped under my shirt and he began to rub my mid-back.

“Me dis… vous croient en vampires?" "Tell me... do you believe in vampires?" I whispered really low and sexy in his ear. He shivered at my cold breath and nodded his head. "Good." I took out my fangs and sank them in his neck. The man tried to yell but my hand was over his mouth in a nanosecond and stopped him. I sucked and sucked until his heart gave its last beat and then I let the poor man drop dead.

I wipe the blood dripping from the corner of my mouth with my hand. I picked up my leather jacket and cleaned off the dirt of the ground. With my hunger gone, I was ready to start packing and leave France and go back to the states. Last time I was there was back in 1976, for the past thirty-two years I've been going all over Europe looking for the ones responsible for his kidnapping.

My heels clicked and water splashed as I walked out of the dark alley and back to the streets of Paris. I pulled on my jacket again and hugged myself and walked down the street.
As I passed a couple, they were holding hands and their eyes and thoughts were of love, a knot in my stomach got tighter and tighter in envy as I watched them. I shook my head in denial and fought the tears.

The apartment I was staying at was middle class. I was done packing in less than twenty seconds.

"Bonjour?" The receptionist answered, I was calling to check out.

"Bonjour, I wish to check out."

"Tonight?" Her accent was thick but understandable.

"Oui." I answered in French.

"It's done, please drop off your key at the front desk as soon as you're ready to leave,
Madame Johnson."

"Merci." I said before hanging up. I dialed another number and pressed one for English.

"American Airlines, how can I help you?"

"I want a ticket to New York, please."

I gave them all of my information and told them my credit card number. They told me to pick
it up at the air port.

"Airport, please." I told the cab driver and he nodded and drove off.

Going back would bring a whole lot of unwanted memories. Just thinking of going back ached my heart. I wasn't the same Emily as I was fifty years ago. I had become colder and merciless; this was a completely new Emily, I showed no mercy anymore because I learned mercy was a weakness and it only stood in the way.

I couldn't let emotions get in the way of finding him. It was my fault he was gone, that he's not with me and that he's in their grasp. God, only knows--mmh-- funny thing about God... I think he likes messing with me, playing and toying with me. What did I ever do to Him to piss him off so much? Is it because I had stopped going to church? Or because I stole to feed my brothers and sister.

Whatever I did, I'm paying full price right now. Wandering around the world looking for the next clue, killing anyone who gets in the way or because I need to feed. I found it difficult to feed when you're in the middle of a city and no animals around for miles, cats and dogs don't count.

"We hope you've enjoyed your flight, thank you for choosing American Airlines. Welcome to New York, New York." The pilot announced as the airplane landed on the airport.
"Here we go."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, I know it's a bit short but it's only the beginning. So, please comment what you think and stuff. If I get at least 5 to 10 comments by tomorrow at the same time as I posted which is 10:15pm then I'll update again!!