Status: Finished

The Tiniest Lie Rips Out Your Whole Soul

Chapter 12: Bluest eyes

Emily looked up at the skyscrapers and held her breath. She couldn’t believe what she was seeing. When did these buildings get here? She thought.

The wind blew and it felt different from the last time she felt it. It was a different kind of wind, it was weaker and it ‘tasted’ different.

“Sir, do you know—“

“Back off bitch!” The guy pushed her but she didn’t move. He looked at her weird and walked away.

She was confused. More people bumped into her. She felt like a rag doll. She closed her eyes and the tears fell. She tried to forget the people push her as they walked and a song started playing inside of her head.

This is what I brought you to this you can keep. This is what I thought you may forget me
I promise to depart just promise one thing. Kiss my eyes and lay me to sleep
.” She gasped and when she opened her eyes everything around her slowed down. She could see every single movement everyone made.

Then, she started to hear everyone’s thoughts. All of the problems, fantasies and all sorts of things normal people shouldn’t know.

But then again, I’m not normal. She thought.

The voices were growing louder and louder. It was getting impossible for her to hear herself. She needed to get out of there. She began to run again and she passed people and they didn’t even notice how fast she was going. To them she was the wind. A different wind.

She didn’t stop until she got the place where she thought her home was supposed to be, but in place of the old apartment building she used to live in was a fancy restaurant and she seen the fancy people eating inside.

EVERYTHING had changed. Her family was dead. She was alone. Entirely alone in this world, there was no one for her. She had lost everything she had stayed alive for. There was no reason for her to continue.

“Olivia, James, Daniel, Jacob.” She dropped to her knees and began to sob.

How could this have happened? How could her entirely life change so dramatically? When she got tired of crying she got up and hugged herself as she walked down a somewhat familiar street.

As she passed an alley, she felt someone grasp her by the wrist and push her back against the bricks of the alley. Someone’s lips attached to hers and she felt the person’s tongue trace her bottom lip.

She squirmed and fought against the brown-haired boy. He pulled away a little.

“Ooh, I love it when you fight, turns me on even more.” He whispered in her ear. Her hands were above her head and he kept them in place. With his other hand he traced her body line with lustful hunger. She had no idea who the hell this boy was, but he was a good kisser.

“Who are you?” She finally asked.

His green eyes gave her a weird look.

“Nice one, Emily. Why don’t we go back to my apartment and finish this?” He said in a low tone.

“Why do you know my name?”

“Emily, dear, no games. I just want to fuck you right now.”

She had some kind of sensation of her cheeks blushing but she couldn’t feel them warm. Of course she couldn’t, she was a vampire!

“But—what—who—I” She couldn’t get the words out.

Did he just say ‘fuck’? She thought.

She narrowed her eyes and pushed away.

“I don’t know you,” She indicated him to tell her his name.

“Robert.” He said bored. “Are you going to keep playing dumb, Emily? Or do you want to fuck or not?”

“NO!” She roared in embarrassment. In her mind, she was still a virgin. She couldn’t even think of the word ‘sex’ without ‘blushing’ or something of the sort.

“Don’t ever come near me, again!” She said before storming off. She began to run again. She needed to get away.

As she ran she bumped into someone, this someone had a hard chest and she fell on her butt. She looked and saw the boy from earlier. The one with the bluest eyes and black hair; the one who’s eyes so familiar and so drawing. His eyes held anxiety and fret.

“Emily, thank God.” He helped her up and hugged her tightly.

She stopped breathing. His scent was so familiar to her but she couldn’t remember why. His voice called to her in ways no other did. She felt safer in his arms than with anyone else’s. She didn’t feel alone with him. This stranger to her was more to her than she understood. He spoke to her without saying a word.

“Don’t do that ever again, love. I can’t bear the thought of something happening to you.” He inhaled her scent smelled someone else’s. “Who were you with?”

He took her by the shoulders and pulled her away a little. “Who was it?” He asked again.

“I-uh-don’t know, he-he said his name was… Rob-Robert.” She stuttered. “Who are you?”

It stung Matt to hear her say that.

“My name is Matthew.” He waited for her to recognize his name, but she still didn’t remember.

“That’s a nice name, it suits you.” She smiled up at him, they locked eyes. Everything disappeared and only they existed. Why did she feel this way around him? Why was he so damn special? She looked away.

“We should get you back befo—“

The sound of a screeching car is heard. They look down the street and an ordinary black car is seen coming their way. They stay in place. The black car stops in front of them and doors fly open and several vampires in black suits come out of the car. Four of them take Matt away from Emily. Emily stands there dumbstruck.

She reacts when someone gets a hold of her by her waist and starts to pull her away.

“MATT!” She screamed and she reached out for him.

“EMILY!” He fought the vampires but there were so many of them.

“MATT!!!!” She screamed louder, people around them stood still at the scene before them. Emily was forced inside the car and then someone puts a gauze over her mouth, while screaming she inhales the chloroform and then passes out.

“EMILY!!! NOOOOO!!!” He roared. One of the vampires hits Matt on the back of his head, knocking him out. They drop his body on the concrete floor and go inside the black car. “Emily.” He whispered before blackness consumed him.
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENT, please, comment!