Status: Finished

The Tiniest Lie Rips Out Your Whole Soul

Chapter 16: Flashbacks

[Flashback # 1]
“You’re not supposed to be here.”

“We don’t see each other for half a century and the first thing you say is ‘You’re not supposed to be here’?” He was feigning the hurt.

“Well, you shouldn’t be here. You’re supposed to be on a mission in Mexico or something.”

“I came back on a special request.”

“By whom?!”

“Your brother, Daniel.”

“I’m going to kill that little punk.” I muttered as I looked at the ground. “Why did you pull me away, anyways?”

“I know you don’t like surprises.” I missed the melody of his voice.

“Right. I should go.”


[Flashback # 2]

"Well, well, what do we have here?" a musical-like voice made my blood flow stop. I put the covers down and stood up straight, still on my knees and looked towards the door frame. There he stood. This was the guy of my dreams. Straight black hair, skin pale as the moon, and the most amazing blue eyes. I was looking at a god, a god that was envied by all other gods. Even as I was sitting down I felt my knees weak by his presence, and his incredible smile, well smirk, but still. He lifts himself off the door frame and walks towards me, I dumbfounded followed his every movement. Before I knew it, he was towering over me and offered his hand. "Need some help there?"

I take his hand and help me up, that's when I noticed how tall he was compared to me. I was standing 5'3 and he was 6'0. I looked into his eyes and felt like he was reading my mind. He chuckles.

"Sorry, Mr. Heartstein," I said with a curtsy, “I was looking for my little sister."

"Oh," his voice more angelic than ever. “The one standing at the door?"

I looked towards the door and found my little sister. I widen my eyes.

"Olivia." I growled; scared, Olivia started to run back to the kitchen. I started to walk towards the door and was going to follow Olivia downstairs, but before I could have reached the door a strong arm stopped me. I looked at the arm and then landed my eyes on his again.

"Are you new?" he asked, his head tilted in curiosity. I nodded. "How long?"

"Only a few months sir." I said. He chuckles.

"Don't call me Sir. I'm Matthew, and you lovely lady are?" he asked, I blushed as he called me lovely.


[Flashback # 3]

"I'm gonna like having you around...Emily." he said in a low tone and leaned in, I stood still; I didn't know what was about to happen until it did. He kissed me, not rough, not passionately but in a light kiss a tenderly-like kiss. Like he was afraid I was going to break.

[End of Flashbacks]

“Emily, love?” His sweet melody voice called me back to the present.

“Our first kiss…” I said my voice trailed off.

He smiled. “You remember?”

“Yes, now I do. When I first met you, in your room I believe… I was looking for…” I couldn’t say her name. It was too painful.

The sound of explosion brought me back to where we were which was in the middle of a battle.

“Let’s go, I need to take you to safety above anything else.”

He whisked me away from the castle. I can’t remember much of the details because I was still a little out from the beating I got from Itachi.

All I remember was being in Matt’s arms and thinking how secure he made my world. How he made me feel feelings I didn’t know I had.

Before I know it, we’re lying both in bed—clothes on!—and he’s stroking my hair. Humming softly in my ear telling me beautiful things.

I never wanted this to end because I never felt so alive.

“There are things you need to know, love.”

“What sort of things?”

“About you.”

I sighed. “Not now? Okay, I want this to last forever.” I got closer to him and he didn’t hesitate to embrace me tighter. He kissed the top of my head.

“You’ve had a long day. I’ll be right here when you wake up, pet.”

My dream was a lot better than the one before. It consisted of the future; it was me and Matt together with kids running around on a front yard.

It was all happiness. No dark places, no mysterious tension in the air. There was a certain peace inside of me like no other. I never wanted the dream to stop. I wanted to stay in here but the shifting of positions woke me up.

I opened my eyes to see Matthew sleeping soundly. He looked like an angel. How did I end up with something so angelic?

[Another flashback]

“Danny—“

“No! You not only left Matt, Emily, you left ME! You left me with a huge burden. WHY DID YOU LEAVE?!” He roared in so much anger.

I didn’t have answer, because I didn’t know it either.

I left him in my room as I ran out of the building and into the forest. I ran with everything I had, which wasn’t much.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!” I screamed when I reached a cliff that over looked the forest. I did it several times, again, and again until I felt tears running down my face.

My life had become such a nightmare.


[End of flashback]

I gasped. Danny, the old guy, he was my brother! No, that couldn’t be true; he was dead along with the rest of my family. But they did look so alike. The same eyes and even the same smile.

I knew Matthew was awake.

“Is Danny my brother?”

He opened in his eyes and they held some sort of sorrow in them. He nodded twice.

“Why didn’t anyone tell me?”

“It all happened so fast, we didn’t want to give you too much information at once.”

“But… someone told me my whole family was dead. Ho-how could Daniel be alive?” I choked out my tears spilling but Matthew caught each one.

“Whoever told you that is a liar. Well, sort of, Olivia and James have past away… only Jacob and Daniel are alive.”

Then something hit me like a brick. Jacob, Edward’s Jacob was my Jacob, my brother.

“Jacob…” I started unable to finish.

“Is the one with Edward, he’s your brother, Emily.”

I opened and closed my mouth several times unable to believe what he was telling me. I had him so close! He was right there in my face!

“He’s… a vampire.”

Matthew cleared his throat.

“Edward changed him.” I whispered. “Why? Why is it that everything wrong in my life it’s because of him? I loved him, I know I did because I had memories of him and I together.”

He cringed at my words of me and Edward being together.

“He’s a liar, cheater and stole everything good in your life.”
“Not you, every memory I have of you it’s so beautiful.”

He seemed to want to tell me something but I ended up kissing him before he could go on further. He kissed me back with such need and hunger.