Status: Finished

The Tiniest Lie Rips Out Your Whole Soul

Chapter 21: Dim-witted

“He is my son!” Edward yelled at me. His face was red but I wasn’t scared.

“He is not your son! It is mine and Matt’s!!” I yelled back as I had Nicholas in my arms. He was awake and crying.

“Emily… I do not want to hurt you… hand my son over.” Edward gritted.

I scoffed. “Now you’re worried about your flesh and blood? It’s a bit late.”

Edward lunged at me…


{A couple of hours earlier}

I woke up in Matt’s arms. They were tight around me and when I tried to move he would tighten his grip around me.

I giggled as he nuzzles deeper in my neck.

“We have to get up, sleepy head.” I whispered.

He groans. “No, I love sleeping with you and I mean that in both terms.”

I chuckle and slap his back.

“Seriously.” I said getting away from him using my powers.

“Why didn’t I get any powers?”

“Because you weren’t turned, you were born.” I said slipping on some jeans. It still felt a little weird to wear them but I somehow felt comfortable in them.

“You suck.”

I giggled as I crawled on top of him straddling him.

I kissed his neck and he moans. I left little kiss all around his neck.

“Hmm,” He says throwing his head back.

“Now get it up… and I meant all of you… not part of you.” I laughed as I got off of him and saw the tent that had build up.

“It’s your own fault for teasing me like that.” He says embarrassed.

I walked into the bathroom and took a quick shower. I set of to see little Nicholas. His room was the usual sky blue with clouds as designs. Above his crib was a picture of his mother. Little Nicholas looked so cute asleep.

I leaned on the crib and watched as he slept. It made me think about the simplicities of life. Things were so much simpler as a kid. We never cared about the future because it always seemed so far away.

“Meeting time, love.” Matthew’s voice came from the door. I nodded and leaned down and gave Nicholas a small kiss on the forehead.

“What do we have?” I asked Agent Miller.

He had a bunch of papers in front of him.

“Um, Hellboy has been doing some sneaking out at night and more pictures have come out and the Federal Bureau is up on our asses… again about it.”

Hellboy glared at Agent Miller and he gulps.

“Hellboy, no more sneaking out at night, shall we?” I asked.

“Yes ma’am.” He sighs.

I smile. “Good and if I hear this again I will beat the crap out of you, understand?”

Hellboy gulps. “Yes ma’am.”

“Keep him in check, Liz.”

“I would… if I wasn’t pregnant with twins.” She groans a little snappy. “Sorry… hormones are fucking crazy.”

I nodded. “It’s all right. Anything else Agent Miller.”

“There have been some disappearances in the same alley for the past week. The MO seems to be blonde, blue eyes in their mid twenties.”

“What else do we know?”

“It all happens between two am and three am. Girls are usually prostitutes or random girls walking around in the night.” He informs me.

“What do we suspect it is?” I asked as I looked through the folders of all the missing girls. They had the same mark on the right side of their neck… it looked like a crescent.

“It’s paranormal because of the mark left on all the victims. See?” He said pointing at one and I nod.

“The crescent seems familiar.” I said as I examined it closely.

“You should… it’s the crescent of the Chanel family.”

I raised my head up to meet his eyes to see if he was correct or at least not lying to me.

“What could Edward possibly want with these victims? The cause of death is unknown… it seems like their bodies just refused to… live. Organs shut down at once.” I muttered as I read the file. “No weird chemicals found in their systems.”

“Should we have a talk with Edward?” I asked looking up to Matt who nodded. “Good, is that all?”

“Yes, for now.” Agent Miller informed me.

“Thank you, Agent Miller.”

Half an hour later I was in the front steps of the very familiar Chanel Mansion/Castle. We called for a small truce and Edward agreed. A truce was called for the next four hours. No fighting and attacking each other under no circumstances.

The door opens and we, as in Matt and I, walk inside of the castle.

“Ms. Johnson, always a pleasure.” The butler bowed and I nodded my head.

“Thanks, does he know we’re here?” I asked as I kept close to Matt.

“I am.” Edward’s voice came from upstairs.

He comes down in a flash. He has a grin on his face.

“Do pray tell why I am worthy of this lovely visit?”

“It’s business, Edward, we’re still at war.”

“And yet here we stand without fighting.” He smirks.

I mock what he says in a very childish way. His smirk only grows.

“How very mature of you, Emily.” He comments.

“Look, someone is killing girls and branding them like cows with your family crescent.”

“What are you saying?” Edward asked.

“That someone is killing girls at night and branding them with your crescent, you dim witted.” Matt growls.

Edward turns to Matt and glares. “I am not talking to you, you asshole.”

Matt rolls his eyes. “Do you or do you not know whom is doing this?”

“Of course not.” Edward and Matt continue to glare at each other.

“Let’s go, Matt we’re not getting out of his idiot. I can’t believe he’s a fucking father.” The words escaped my lips before I could stop them.

“Excuse me?” He asked catching my arm. Matthew hissed at him but Edward didn’t let go.

“Nothing, Edward.” I sighed and sounded confident.

“You fucking said something!” He growls and narrows his eyes.

“It’s none of your concern, we’re leaving now. We will find out who is killing these girls.”

Edward glares at me. “It’s your brother… Jacob.”

I froze at the sound of his name. I turned to face Edward.

“Excuse me?” I said and he smirks.

“Nothing, Emily.” He said using my words.

“You fucking said something.” I said using his words back.

“It’s none of your concern.” He continued to mock me.

“It’s my blood!”

“And that ‘son’ of mine is my BLOOD!” He shouted back at me.

I narrowed my eyes. “Jacob would never kill girls like that.”

“If I ordered him to then yes he would.” Edward spat back.

I looked at the scars on his face that I had made. I felt a little guilty, but I know that deep down there’s the old Edward that I had fallen in love with, but now I don’t see him.

“Jacob is incapable of hurting.” I growled.

He snaps his fingers. My eyes widen.

“We have a truce, Edward.” I argued. I don’t think I could handle seeing my brother and not telling him the truth.

Jacob appears out of nowhere and glares at me. Something stung inside of me as he looked me with those hateful eyes.

“Yes, Master?” Jacob spoke calmly.

“ENOUGH!” I yelled Edward and almost attacked him when Jacob went between us. “Jake, if you don’t move your little ass right now, I will move you myself!!” I yelled at him.

He didn’t look worried. “I’m stronger than you.”

“We share the same blood, you’re my brother!”

I saw his eyes flash to somewhat normality but it was for a split second.

“We did not come for a fight, Emily.” Matt said. “If we disobey the truce there will be severe consequences.” He whispers.

“He started it. Taunting me with my own flesh and blood!” I accused Edward angrily who looked innocent.

“I did not break any rules. If you lay a single hand on me or anyone here in a wrong the truce is broken… and you die.” He smirks.

“Stupid truce.” I mumbled.

“Don’t worry, hun, it’s only temporary.” Edward cooed mockingly.

“I hate you.” I hissed and turned to Jacob. “And you… dig back into your past. Remember your family, because you have a family. You have me, Emily, and your brother Danny, remember him? Of course not… just—“

“That’s enough!” Edward snapped his fingers and a confused Jacob walks away. “Don’t you dare try to mess with him. He is my servant now!”

“We’ll see about that.” I growled. “The truce is broken in two hours.”

Edward smirks. “I know.”

“We’re leaving now.” Matthew said tugging my arm and I let him take me out of Edward’s castle before I would go back and kick his ass.