Status: Finished

The Tiniest Lie Rips Out Your Whole Soul

Chapter 23: New Divide



I remember black skies the lighting all around me

The battle continued. In my hands a bloody sword filled with vampire blood. I didn’t think twice as my blade went decapitated another vampire that tried to kill me.

Some might be older than me or more experienced, but I had power inside of me that none of them has seen. I could move them with my mind.

I had the strength like no other and I was fighting to keep this place safe and my family. To avenge my family.

I remember each flash as time began to blur

Another silly vampire comes charging at me with a sword. Our swords clash together. It didn’t take long before I beheaded him.

Who would’ve thought I was going to vanquish vampires? I was just a girl that stole food for her family. I was nothing special. I was just like thousands of kids in America that stole to stay alive.

In less than a year my life turned upside down. I had to give up my family thinking I was going to marry someone I loved who I had thought betrayed me, but only protected me. I thought I was in a safe place when I was really in the middle of danger.

Then, I remembered who taught me all I know. And speak of the devil, Itachi appears. Years… for years I’ve been after him. Even though I lost my memory I remember the pain he caused me.

Killed my little sister Olivia, stole my brother Jacob and turned him against me. Turned my own flesh and blood against me.

Like a startling sign that fate had finally found me

“You’ve improved, Devi-chan.”

Memories flooded me as he taught me to control my powers when I trusted him.

“To kill you.” I snarled. No need to shout over the battle cries around us because of our super hearing. “You fear me.”

I saw as his eyes flickered telling me I was right.

“You’re afraid I’m stronger than you.” I continued taunting. “I have gotten stronger. I have the strength to avenge my sister and what you’ve done to my family.”

“You brought this to yourself… by falling in love with a vampire.” He takes out his sword.

“Maybe.” I said as we walked closer to each other.

The battle around us disappeared and only he and I were there, in our minds, of course.

He made the first move and I blocked in with ease. We looked into each other’s eyes. He had a hatred I’ve seen before. We jumped back and circled each other.

“You could’ve had everything and anything you wanted.” He sneered and attacked again but I was able to block all of them. I made a few attacks of my own.

We jumped away from each other again.

And your voice was all I heard, that I get what I deserve

“Jacob is just like you.”

I attacked this time. He blocked most of my attacks, but when I twirled I feint a right move but moved left quickly and before he could jump I was able to scratch him with my blade drawing blood. It was a deep wound too.

He looked at the wound and the back at me. Fear flashes in his expression.

He attacks me again. It was like a never ending battle. We knew each other’s movements, but we hurt each other at the same time. Though he was more experienced than I was I had the power in me. I wasn’t going to cheat and use my telekinesis.

I knew I could defeat him. I had something in me that he didn’t. Dracula’s blood, which made me special. I was already half a vampire when I was human—I just didn’t know it. Itachi taught me things and I learned things on my own.

“Ah!” He jumped back in frustration.

We were breathing hard. Swear dripped from both of us. Our sweat mixed with our blood making us sticky. I was a slash on my cheek a strike I barely manage to dodge. He had a bleeding lip after I managed to give him a good punch.

My eyebrow was bleeding after he did the same thing to me.

“It ends tonight, Itachi.” I said out of breath.

“We’ll see about that.”

“Have you been holding back?” I teased but I knew he wasn’t. This is the hardest battle I’ve fought in my almost hundred years of being.

He was getting angry which only made his moves more predictable, which is what I wanted.

“You think you have me beaten?” He sneered.

“I’ll have your head rolling on the floor soon.” I growled.

“Then come.” Itachi said gesturing with his hand.

I made the first move again. I continued to attack and so did he.

So give me reason to prove me wrong to wash this memory clean, let the floods cross the distance in your eyes, give reason to fill this hole connect the space between let it be enough to reach the truth that lies across this new divide

I dodged his strike coming from the right.

We were tired; we’ve been at it for God knows how long.

The adrenaline is still rushing through me, but my body is almost out.

“We’ll never finish this.” He said.

“Oh yeah?” I didn’t care anymore. I let it out. My powers.

I felt the wind pick up.

I saw the fear in his eyes.

I felt as the ground under me trembled.

I felt everything. I could hear every sound and see without seeing.

I heard as Matt fought. I could hear as other agents went down and as vampires sucked their blood.

In the distance I could hear Nicholas’ cry.

There was nothing in sight but memories left abandoned. There was nowhere to hide the ashes fell like snow. And the grounds caved in between where were standing and your voice was all I heard, that I get what I deserve…

A power inside of me I’ve tapped before. I remember, the day Edward got his burning scars on his face. But this time it was stronger, so much stronger.

It had been dying to come out.

I wasn’t in control anymore.

I let it… whatever it was inside of me take control.

I remembered all of the fear around. I felt it. I craved for their fear and fed off of it.

I took care of the vampires around me.

With my thought they went up in flames and turned to ashes.

I concentrate on all the bad vampires in the lair and burn them alive with a single thought. With each kill I was losing a part of me, but it didn’t matter.

I finally turned to Itachi.

So give me reason to prove me wrong to wash this memory clean, let the floods cross the distance in your eyes across this new divide!

“Olivia-olive died because of you, I wasted fifty years of my life chasing you trying to save my brother. You turned him against me.”

“This is what I’m talking about Devi-chan. You truly are a goddess of power. Think of what we could do! We can rule this pathetic world! We can rule forever! I’ll be your right hand—ah!”

I glared at him and he started choking.

“You’ve taken everything that is dear to me. You fucked up my life.”

“And I’d do it again.” He chuckled.

In every loss in every lie. In every truth that you’d deny and each regret and each goodbye was a mistake too great to hide, and your voice was all I heard that I get what I deserve!

I made him suffer the worst of pains. I made the flames appear burning him and then make them disappear and do it over and over again.

Until I heard a voice.

“EMILY STOP!” Matthew’s voice was a sweet melody filling my ears.

I looked at him. He looked at me with that same fear everyone else around me did.

I didn’t want him to fear me.

I loved him.

I finally ended it. I took my sword and looked at Itachi’s eyes as I decapitated him. A shock look on his face was on before his head hit the floor. His body fell to the ground.

So give me reason to prove me wrong to wash this memory clean, let the floods cross the distance in your eyes, give reason to fill this hole connect the space between let it be enough to reach the truth that lies across this new divide
♠ ♠ ♠
What did you think?!