Status: Finished

The Tiniest Lie Rips Out Your Whole Soul

Chapter Four: Masquerade ball

I wore a masquerade on my face covering my eyes and I had a dress from my times, the 1930’s. It was the theme of the party I was at.

With me were a lot of Agents but they were spread out through the party undercover as well. My hair was up and I wore a dress that was silky.

With a glass of champagne in hand I walked around the party. This was an annual thing held for vampires and humans who knew they existed, but it was mostly rich people in the Black Market who knew about the existence of the vampires and other creatures.

It was held underground, literally, it was under a subway and you could feel the ground shake as the subway passed.

“You look dashing.” A familiar male voice whispered in my ear, I turned and saw Private Daniel, he had a scar on his left eye, from the attack, but it was behind a white mask. Most people wouldn’t notice who he was, but I could since I trained him.

I smiled at him and he returns it.

“Thank you, Daniel. How have you been?”

“Better than you.” He joked with a smirk and I narrowed my eyes at him.

“True, now tell me, is he here?”

“Yes. He’s going to come out and make an announcement, he knows you’re here.”

“Good, I don’t like surprises either.” I gulped the rest of my champagne.

“Oh, so lady like of you.” Daniel commented on my gulp and I roll my eyes.

“How come I haven’t seen you at the headquarters?”

“I’ve been accompanying someone on a mission, but we’re back.”

“Back from where?” I asked, but before he could answer the trumpets were played signaling that Edward had arrived and was going to make his speech.

Up at the stage was Edward, his disfigured side had a half was covered with a white mask. He looked quite handsome, but I didn’t really pay attention to that. Next to him was Itachi as his personal body guard, I was ready for Itachi, not exactly but after many close encounters I knew his moves and I think I might be able to beat him. The key word is ‘think’.

“Welcome,” he opened his arms wide in a welcoming gesture, “tonight we make history, humans and vampires come together for one purpose… illegal business. Tonight we have a special treat for all of you, but you’ll have to wait a little longer. Drink and eat, the food, of course.”

I rolled my eyes as people chuckled; he was never funny, not even when we were together. He never had a sense of humor.

After he got off of the stage, I started to walk around and checked in with the agents, so far so good, but then I got into Miller’s head and he saw something… Edward had not just come with Itachi but with another male, but didn’t see the face only the back of the head.

I started to search the room for that person and since everyone had mask it was a lot harder, well physically, tell apart the vampires from the humans.

“May I have a dance?”

I twirled around and saw a vampire, I could tell by his eyes, too green to be from an ordinary human.

“Um,” I started.

“I’ve been keeping an eye on you. You’re a vampire.”

“Yes, but— “

“All I’m asking for is one dance.”

“Sure.” I sighed, I took the hand he offered and walked to the dance floor.

A slow song was playing. He placed his hand on my waist and I dropped my hand on his shoulder and our other hands in the air. We waltzed together.

“I’ve never seen you here before.”

“It’s my first time here.” I answered shortly.

“Of course, I could never forget such beauty like yours.”

I chuckled.

“Does that work on all the girls, or just the humans?” I looked at him in the eye and he had a twinkle in them.

“My name is Robert.”

“Amber.” I lied.

“You don’t look like an ‘Amber’.” He whispered softly so only I could hear.

“You don’t like a Robert.” I smirked. “I could say that.”

“You’re entitled to your opinion.”

“So are you.”

“You are so not like regular girls.”

“I try not to.”

“It suits you very well.” He leaned in closer to my face, since I had pride I didn’t back out and kept eye contact. “What would you do if I kissed you right now?”

“Try and find out.” I whispered, he teased me by brushing his lips against mine very lightly. I chuckled. “Afraid of the conseque—“But his lips connect with mine. And… nope… no spark but I didn’t say he was a bad kisser. In fact, he was very good at it.

He cupped my chin and collided our bodies together, but just as I was about to enjoy it even more, I remembered about Edward and I pushed Robert away, he was out of breath.

“Your lips… they’re addicting.” He crashed our lips together again, but I stopped him.

“I’ve got to go.” I pulled myself away from him and walked away.

As I was walking away, I felt someone grab my wrist and started to pull me through the crowd.

“Hey!” I yelled. “Let go!” It was a male by the look of his hair. “Do you have any idea who you’re messing with?!”

He took me to a deserted corner of the subway, where the pipes were and where the subway passed by.

“I know whom exactly I’m messing with.”

My eyes widen and I take my wrist back.

Matt turns around and his haunting blue eyes looked at my gray eyes. I tried to kept my face straight, but I failed.

“You’re not supposed to be here.”

“We don’t see each other for half a century and the first thing you say is ‘You’re not supposed to be here’?” He was feigning the hurt.

“Well, you shouldn’t be here. You’re supposed to be on a mission in Mexico or something.”

“I came back on a special request.”

“By whom?!”

“Your brother, Daniel.”

“I’m going to kill that little punk.” I muttered as I looked at the ground. “Why did you pull me away, anyways?”

“I know you don’t like surprises.” I missed the melody of his voice.

“Right. I should go.”

I began to walk away and I was expecting him to stop me, twirl me to face him and kiss me… but life doesn’t work that way and he let me walk away, it pained me.

I looked up from the ground and at the end of the passage and saw… Jacob.

“Jacob!” I called for him and he had… well, it was a certain expression I couldn’t out my finger on. He began to run in inhuman speed and I went after him without a second thought.

He ran away from the party and through other passages underground. He was incredibly fast; I barely caught up with him.

“Jake!” I called again, but he didn’t stop.

When he did stop, we were in a place that had three different ways to go. His back to me and he was wearing a suit or tux.

“Jacob?” I asked my voice echoed three different ways. I walked to him like one would to a hurt lion with caution. “Jacob, listen to me, it’s me Emily, your sister.”

“He doesn’t remember you, sweetheart.” Edward’s voice came from behind me, I jumped and turned around, he still had his mask on, he was followed by Itachi, I narrowed my eyes at him.

“What they fuck are you talking about, Edward?”

“No need for bad language, Emily. It’s very simple, he doesn’t remember you.”

“Liar.” I walked up to Jacob and grabbed his shoulder to turn him around but at the corner of my eye I saw him trying to strike me with something. Jacob tried to cut my head off, but I was able to dodge the attack on time.

I had no sword with me. I backed away from Jacob because the looks on his eyes were unrecognizable, he wasn’t my little brother anymore, and he was something else. He had the look of a killer, a cold killer.

“Jacob.” I whispered, his name almost choked me. “Please.” I finally had him in front of me and he was trying to kill me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment!!!