Even If It Kills Me

I Guess You Could Say You're In Between

I was watching the digital clock’s numbers change slowly and the time go by.

The medication I took was making me drowsy.

It didn’t help that I had just finished off a bottle (or was it two?) of leftover alcohol and a couple cans of beer from Matt’s birthday party last week.

The numbers on my digital clock changed again. 8:52.

The guys were going to kill me for skipping another band practice.

That was my last thought before I lost consciousness.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

I woke up suddenly.

I was lying face down on the ground, face pressed against the grass. I opened my eyes slowly, allowing them to adjust to the light around me. With some effort, I rolled onto my back.

I felt sore all over. Like I had just been thrown a long distance.

I moaned, trying to hoist myself into a sitting position.

It took me a few minutes to do that.

I looked around, trying to gather where I was. The sunlight was as bright as I had ever seen it in my entire life. I blinked a few times because of the blinding light. I was in a park of some kind. The bright green grass I was sitting on was perfectly trimmed and the water in the fountain nearby was sparkling.

It was vaguely familiar, in an odd, nostalgic sort of way.

But I’d never seen a more perfect place. I didn’t know how I could have gotten here.

Wherever I was, I was completely alone.

I got into a standing position, stumbling a little over my unstable feet.

“Well, if it isn’t Justin Pierre.”

I whipped around quickly, almost tripping over my own clumsy feet, to face the direction that the voice was coming from.

I saw a vision, possibly a hallucination. Or at least I assumed it was. The figure coming towards me could not have been real. It was a girl with long, straight, glossy brown hair and piercingly bright blue eyes. She had a small frame that seemed to glide towards me and her face was composed of flawless features. Her grin revealed perfect white teeth.

She was beautiful. Angelic, even.

“Where am I?” I found myself asking as she stopped in front of me.

She paused before answering, frowning. Her eyebrows gathered towards each other.

“I guess you could say you’re in between.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So...I Iike this story. It's like a near-death experience-type deal, and a little different than the stuff I usually do.

Please comment so I know if you like it! Also, more comments means faster updates, even though I kind of want to drag out this story because it's short compared to my other ones...

And thanks to anyone that read Everything Is Alright, hope you like this one, too!