Even If It Kills Me

SMACK!

“Toni’s on her way, Justin,” Beth informed me, walking into the room. She hadn’t stopped smiling since I had woken up, which kept me smiling, as well.

I waited with the guys and Beth, practically bursting with happiness and excitement.

We all looked up as we heard a movement at the door.

Toni walked into the room, biting her lip. Her eyes looked red from crying.

I grinned at her so wide it hurt. She was across the room and at my bedside in seconds.

She was coming to hug me when she pulled her right hand back and-

SMACK!

She slapped me across the cheek as hard as she could. I was too surprised to feel it and didn’t even have a chance to wipe the idiotic grin off my face. I raised a hand to my face where she had struck me and looked at her. Her eyes were brimming with fresh tears.

The guys and Beth stared, just as surprised as I was.

“Don’t you ever scare me like that again,” she whispered, before throwing her arms around my neck in an embrace. The guys and Beth left the room to leave us alone.

“Toni, I’m fine,” I said, wrapping my arms around her and pulling her close, taking care not to move my IV too much. She curled up next to me on the hospital bed, sobbing into my neck as I tried to comfort her. I stroked her hair, waiting for her to calm down.

Her breathing rate returned to normal after awhile and I realized that she had fallen asleep, arms tightly gripped around my waist.

I rested my head against hers, breathing in the scent of her hair.

How I had missed her smell. And the feel of her skin against mine.

How had I almost given all of that up?

I wiped the remainder of tears from her face and shifted into a more comfortable position.

I was sorely disappointed when we both woke up a few hours later and she realized she had to go to work.

“I’ll come first thing tomorrow,” she said, kissing me on the lips and then giving me a tight hug. I hugged her back like I’d never see her again.

“Mr. Pierre, your family is here to see you,” a nurse informed me soon after Toni left.

“Great,” I replied, still smiling widely from having seen Toni.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is my second favorite(close second to the end). The thought of her slapping him makes me laugh because it’s unexpected.

And also, has anyone seen the video for acoustic Fell In Love Without You? I demand to know what happened to Justin’s hair! Do you not agree? Wow I’m such a nerd, I’m sorry.

Thoughts?