Last Years Wishes Are This Years Apologies

8

A week later Alex and Jasey had gotten together five times. Three of which were at the library, one at Jasey's house, and one at Alex's house. The tutoring was really working for Alex, he was starting to understand it. Doing the tutoring was also benefiting Jasey as well. She basically knew the material like the back of her hand.

The two seniors were currently sitting at Starbucks having a final review session before their chapter test tomorrow. Jasey was really getting confident for Alex.

"So you think you're ready for it?" Jasey asked while taking a sip of her tall strawberry frappuccino.

Alex nodded, "Yeah, I think I am. It's like when you teach it to me I completely understand it."

"Good," Jasey smiled. She loved the fact that even Alex was realizing that he was getting better. That made Jasey feel accomplished in what she was doing.

"So I realized whenever we have tutoring sessions we never really talk about anything besides history."

She shrugged, "That's all we really need to talk about isn't it?"

Alex looked at the brunette and realized something. She wasn't interested in him. For the first time in awhile, Alex had been hanging out with a girl that didn't want to hook up with him. Of course the two had no other choice than to get together for tutoring, but Jasey had never made comments to hang out together (besides the tutoring). Such as going to parties together or seeing a movie.

This was different for Alex because he was used to girls being all over him. Before he started the tutoring, almost every week he had a different girl by his side.

"Not necessarily, we could be friends."

Alex didn't understand the sudden urge he got to get to know Jasey. He, himself, wasn't very interested in her. He just felt like he had to know more about her.

"Why?" She looked up and asked. "You haven't given me the time of day before we started tutoring. Why now?"

"Because before I didn't know that you were this nice of a girl."

Jasey stood up and put her bag over her shoulder. The good mood that she was in before, was now gone. She knew about boys like Alex Gaskarth. They were always up to no good and always ended up hurting girls in the end.

"I'd like to keep it like this. I have no interest in being friends you, Alex. Sorry, but I just don't."

With that she walked out of Starbucks and into her car. It wasn't like her to be rude like that. Not many people had ever seen that side of her. Alex tended to have that affect on some people.

* * * * * *

Alex had been re-playing and over analyzing what had happened at Starbucks in his head all day. He couldn't believe how Jasey acted. He never really knew that Jasey honestly didn't like him that much.

"I'd like to keep it like this. I have no interest in being friends you, Alex. Sorry, but I just don't."

"Dude," Jack waved his hand in front of Alex's face. "You're not yourself today."

"Jasey really doesn't like me," Alex blurted out.

Jack made a face, "This bothers you, why?"

"I'm not used to a girl not liking me. She told me today that she has no interest in us being friends. All she wants to do is the tutoring and that's about it."

Jack grinned, "You like her don't you?"

Alex started to burst out laughing, "What? Hell no, I don't like her. I'm just not used to being shut down like that."

"Oh no one girl doesn't want to be friends with you. What are we ever going to do!?" Jack put his hand over his heart and acted like he was about to faint.

"I'll get her to like me."

"Oh, boy. What kind of plan do you have brewing in your mind?"

"I'll get her to hang out with me outside of just tutoring and school. I'll get her to go to homecoming with me and I'll get her to be my girlfriend. Maybe even get her to go to prom with me."

"You have to like her if you're doing all of this."

"No, I just need to prove to myself that I can do this," Alex said with a grin on his face. This was a new task for him to do. Usually 'the task' would be to go to a party or hook up with a girl. This time it was to get Jasey Rae to fall for him.

"This is kinda low, man. When I said give her a chance, I didn't mean convince her to go out with you and then break her heart."

Alex looked at Jack, "Who said I'm gonna break her heart?"

"Alex, you're a heart breaker and you can't deny that."

Worry was starting to come over Jack. He loved his best friend more than anything, but him out of all people knew that Alex could be a heart breaker. Alex never intentionally did it, it just happened. He would do things without realizing and before he knew it he had broken a girls heart.

Jack never thought that Alex would actually listen to him as far as giving Jasey a chance. Everything that Jack had said was just him giving Alex a hard time. Ever since Alex started the tutoring Jack could always picture Alex and Jasey being together, but only if they wanted to be. He didn't want Alex throwing around thoughts in his head and coming up with ridiculous plots.

"I promise, I won't break her heart. This is just something I gotta do, Jack."

With that Alex left and Jack stood there with a blank stare on his face. He knew there was nothing he could do or say to change his best friend's mind. He just hoped that Jasey would be different. That she would be the first girl where Alex didn't break her heart. Or perhaps she would break his heart and he would get a taste of his own medicine.

Jack shook his head, "I need some ice cream."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is kind of a short update.
I stayed home from school and thought, why not I'll update.

4 new comments until I start the next update.