Pull Me Out of the Rain

Chapter 1

I slammed my locker shut, and attempted to squeeze past the hundreds of other teenagers packed into the locker bay.

"Excuse me.." I mumbled shyly to a large group of populars.

I slipped past one of the girls in the circle as I heard her whisper to another girl standing next to her. "Freak."

I felt my face turn a familiar shade of crimson, and I rushed outside to start my trek home. It wasn't far, but I still dreaded it. I had to her pass house. My best friend. My mind wandered back to those old memories I had tried to lock away and forget forever.

"KATIE!" I screamed as she crumpled to the ground, heaving and holding her chest. "KATIE ARE YOU OK?! KATIE!" I threw her backpack off her and leaned down next to her. "KATIE." I fumbled for my cell phone, buried in the depths of my enormous backpack.
911. Send. Send. I frantically pushed the talk button. They couldn't pick up fast enough. "My friend...my friend..she's having an asthma attack. I can't find her inhaler, she's not breathing" I screamed into the phone. "Ok mam, we're sending someone out, hold on. Where are you?" I gave her the street and threw my phone on the ground, not knowing what to do. "Katie, Katie, someone's coming ok? You'll be fine, I promise. You'll be fine." But deep down, I knew I was saying that for my own comfort.


She hadn't been breathing when the ER came. And little did I know at the time that she wouldn't breathe again.

A silent tear ran down my cheek as I ran past the abandoned house.
♠ ♠ ♠
You like? I know it's really sad, but I promise it will get happier.
(:

I would love it if you commented. And check out my BFF's stories, lock_on_heart.
She's amazingg(: