Cemetery Drive

Cemetery Drive- Ice Cream and Friends

I swung open Gerard’s front door and ran to his room. I swung the door open to reveal a drawing Gerard and Iron Maiden blaring from the nearby stereo.

The room was wall paneled and was very dark. Gerard kept a lamp by his bed which shot weird looking shadows across the room. I didn’t like how the light hit his face either; it gave him a mysterious, evil look which he clearly did not have. He is one of the sweetest most understanding friends a human being could ever have.

I didn’t think twice before jumping on top of him. I felt his sketchbook being crushed between us. He let the sketchbook down and pulled my face up to his. I yanked free and cried on his chest. Heavy sobs erupted from my chest. I felt too ashamed to actually look at him.

Gerard patted my head with one hand and with the other he stroked my cheek.
“What’s wrong?” he asked turning down the volume of his stereo.

“Alex,” sob “cheated on me.” I wiped the tears away from my eyes, and with a bit more of courage, looked up at him.

His hair was about two inches long and black. It was still shaggy from sleeping and knowing Gerard, it was going to stay like that through out the whole day.

He kissed my forehead and laid me on his shoulder.
“It’s okay; he’s a dick head anyways. It’s not worth crying your pretty face over him. You have already too many things to worry about.” He kissed my forehead once again and got up.

“I’m gonna call Sandy so that you can talk to her, ‘kay?” He asked, already flipping the phone open.

“Okay.” I concentrated every ounce of my brain on not crying.

He started pacing while he waited for Sandy to pick up the phone. I looked down at my hands, playing with my fingers, not knowing what else to do.

After a few more paces, Sandy picked up and Gerard, immediately stopped pacing.

“Sandy, I think you should speak to Zee, she’s not,” he snuck a glance at me but I looked down, “alright. I think you should talk to her since you’re… a girl.”

I could almost hear Sandy rolling her eyes at the other end.
“Here you go,” he passed me the phone.

“Sandy?” I asked in a tiny voice.

“Sweetie, are you okay? You don’t sound good. Tell me what’s wrong.” Her voice was persuasive, so… inviting. I couldn’t resist.

So I told her everything; about what Alex did to me and about Frank visiting my mom at the hospital. How my mom was getting worse with each passing of the days and how I felt so empty inside.

While I spoke, I watched into Gerard’s angelic face stare at his black converse. His forehead creased as he listened to my part of the conversation. I guess he didn’t appreciate it, but, of course he didn’t. The more I listened to myself the more disgusted I felt with Alex.

He really was a dick head. Sandy listened to me cautiously and gave me some support by gasping when I told her I found the whore in his living room butt naked and insulting Alex.

But who was I kidding? I loved Alex. He has been the light to my life for five years. Five years that held the best moments of my life. The best kisses, hugs, caresses… I loved him and I had to admit it to myself. Even though I may be trying to persuade myself that I don’t, I know deep down inside, I do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! Finally an update from me. Im sorry for taking so long. Please forgive me.