Cemetery Drive

Second Thoughts.

“Do you want me to come over to Gee’s house?” Sandy asked, her voice condensed with concern.
“Um, alright, if you want too…” I wasn’t even sure if I wanted anyone near me in this condition and state of mind. I was in no shape or form for people to look at me. But they were my friends, so I guess I should just give in and let them see me at my worst.

She was here in less then 15 minutes. Damn, that girl drives fast. First thing she did when she got here was attack me with a bowl of triple-chocolate ice cream and make me sit down on Gerard’s bed. She still made me spill out even more info in the whole Alex thing.

“Uh, what exactly do you mean by ‘You still don’t know if you did the right thing’? Of course you did! He doesn’t deserve you and you sure as hell deserve something better than that man whore!” Yep, that was her reaction for when I told her that I was having second thoughts of breaking up with Alex.

“But Sandy… Five years…” I couldn’t even try to explain my point. Sandy was losing her cool.

“Oh please! Five years of hell you might mean! You know how jealous he always was of Fra…” Gerard nudged her and she snapped a glare at him.

“Look, I’m gonna get this straight. He was always jealous of Frank,” she shot a smug look at Gerard, “because of the relationship you two used to have.”

“Sandy please, I don’t wanna talk about it. You know how much it hurt when he, one day, just decided to break up with no explanations whatsoever.” I shot my head down and took another spoonful of my portion of ice cream.

“Oh, he had his reasons….” Gerard mumbled so low that I almost missed it.

Sandy and I both snapped our heads up to look at him. “What?”

He looked abashed, like what he just mentioned wasn’t meant to be uttered. “Well, Alex… He threatened Frank. He told Frank that if he didn’t break up with you something bad might happen. The threat wasn’t clear to whom it might happen but he looked pretty damn serious.”

“It can’t be...” I uttered under my breath. But I said it a little bit louder than expected.

Sandy heard me.

We looked at each other. Sandy had a confused look to her. So I took that moment and I stood up. I quickly put my shoes back on and ran for my car. Sandy, a little too late, ran after me, already knowing what I was about to do.

“Don’t you dare go back to Alex!” Sandy screamed missing me by a few feet.

“Sorry! I love you!” I called while I screeched my tires on the house’s driveway.

In moments I was back at Alex’s house.

“Alex! Alex open up the flipping door or I’m gonna knock it down right now!” I yelled between bangs.

He swung it and I almost fell on top of him. I quickly composed myself and glared at him directly in the eye.

“Is it true that you threatened Frank into breaking up with me, just so that you had a chance with me? Do you know how much that hurt?” Oh yes, he already knew how much that hurt. He was the one to put me back into a whole person after that painful, unexplained break-up.

“What are you talking about?” His face was rigid, frowning down at me. He looked so beautiful…

I immediately shook my head to clear it up. No dazzling looks will cloud my mind.

“Look, you better tell me the truth ‘cause I’m more than sure you know what I’m talking about.” I raised one of my eye-brows at him just to prove my point of seriousness.

He raised his arms up in defeat. “I didn’t do anything at all. I knew he didn’t love you anymore so I asked him why was he still with you, hurting you, if he didn’t love you anymore?” His eyes looked sincere, earnest. I couldn’t look away.
He insisted, “Do you believe me?”

I hesitated for a second. Taking in all of my facts and what I felt. The facts didn’t make much sense right now. They were being over shadowed by what I felt. I felt love. I loved Alex.

I looked up at him and slowly paced two steps towards him. He caught my waist and kissed me softly on the lips. I couldn’t stay mad at him, even if he cheated on me. I loved him too much. I wrapped my arms around his neck and broke the kiss, laying my head on his chest.

“I love you,” I whispered.

He hesitated for a second. “I love you too,” what else could he say besides that?

I heard a speeding car down the road and in a few seconds, squealing brakes against the road. I whipped around, Alex still holding me by my waist, and saw Frank climb out of the car. Alex’s hands tightened around me and I could feel my face turning red in rage. How dare he...?

“How do you dare to come back with him after he cheated on you?!” he yelled at me.

“How do you dare to tell me what to do? Frank, you never loved me, and you broke my heart, so why are you doing this?”

“I was never with you because this son of a bitch right here...” he was interrupted by a flying punch right to his face, all courtesy of Alex.

“You ever come here again to call me anything like that and you’re a dead motherfucker,” Alex’s dead glare was truly intimidating and I was truly starting to wonder if he would ever dare to kill Frank.

“You mess with her and I will say the same about you,” said Frank, rubbing his left cheek furiously.

“You better shut up and leave, right now.” I wasn’t as mad, and Frank’s sad, apologetic looks were starting to get to me. I shouldn’t feel this moved by the guy that hurt me so much...

He turned around without a word and got into his car. He seemed to start shaking once he got inside, but I wasn’t sure. So I dismissed it. I turned around back to Alex and kissed him good-bye. My excuse was that I needed to get home and finish off some work I had to do.

Lies. I was probably going to go somewhere where I knew I wasn’t going to be bothered by anyone else.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woah. I wasn't even sure if I was going to continue this. XD My writing style nowadays is so much different of how it used to be. Oh well. Let me know if you still want this continued. :) Love ya guys.