Crawling Towards the Sun

Chapter Four

"Hope you like anchovy." Damian told me as I crept down the stairs. I took a deep breath and sat down. Honestly, my favorite type of pizza just happened to be anchovy and pineapple.

"So, how you like the crib?" Q asked with a mouthful of pizza. I shrugged and took a small bite.

"When you said she didn't talk, I underestimated it." Damian loudly whispered to Q. How does he know I don't talk? I sighed and built up enough courage.

"How do you know I don't talk? You've never met me before." They both looked up with eyes like boiled eyes minus a yellow pupil. They both laughed with joy.

"See, that's what I was fishin' for. You know, I was actually getting a slight bit frustrated with all the shrugging and no verbal answering." Q laughed. We all fell silent.

"When's your birthday?" Damian asked out of no where.

"October 31." I muttered lower than ever. Q grunted and sucked his teeth. We sat there chewing. I was pretty quiet. Damian was...chewing. But Q, he was a very noisy eater.

"Okay, out, into the yard." Q commanded as he hopped out of his chair. Damian grinned. "That means you too, Lily." I slowly stood up. Q shook his head and led the way.

"Alright, welcome to Lewis Boot Camp, where the socially retarded and just flat out stubborn and difficult learn a few things. In other words, welcome to hell!" Damian laughed maniacally as the flashlight glowed dimly under his chin.

"The flashlight thing only works in the dark." Q stated, fed up. Damian cut it off and tossed it aside.

"Now, Lily, Quincey, your first obstacle is...what's your name? Let's start with Quincey."

"Okey dokey, the name be Quincey. You better call me Q.Uh, I'm so cool, I don't have a last name or a middle name." Q happily announced.

"Now, Lily." They turned towards me.

"I'm Layla." I said.

"Nope, gotta say it with more enthusiasm and add a little spunk to the statement." Damian ordered.

"Hi, I'm Layla." I said, forcing out as much enthusiasm as possible.

"Nah, that didn't hit me." Damian said shaking his head. I took a deep breath and braced myself.

"What it do pimpin's? Layla is what I reside by. Don't call me anything other unless your name happens to be Q or Damian. The middle name is way cooler than yours. The last name is just itching to change, wanna be the one to do it?" I closed my eyes and swallowed spit to sooth my throat. 'Oh god, what will they say? Did that just escape my mouth?' I wondered.

"Wow, that was..."Damian started but was interrupted.

"That was pretty good. Wow Q, you had me fooled."