Sequel: I'm A Revolution
Status: R.I.P. Jimmy/The Rev D'=

When Opposites Attract

Good Bye

5 weeks later. I can't believe that all those gigs and nights had gone by so quickly. We were at a stop and just about to leave but the Avenged guys stopped to stretch. This left only my band on the bus.
We were all seated in the lounge part of the bus. "Guys, I have something to say to you all while it's just us, and before we get off this bus." I said.
They all looked at me as if to make me hurry up. "I'm quitting 5th Gear. As much fun as it's been guys, I just need a break. And somewhere from the time e started this, and now I've lost sight of who I really am. We all have. And this tour just proved it so much more to us. You probably don't see it, but to me it's plain as the neck on my guitars. I hope you guys find yourselves as well, because who we are now is monsters. My things are already packed, and I've already bought a flight ticket so I can just escape. When I finally find me again, I might come back. It all depends on where life takes me from here. I would also rather you not mention this to anyone in Avenged because this does not concern them. Where our band or I stand is not currently their business. We'll be back home in an hour. From there I'm going straight to the airport and I've arranged for anything else I should need from home to be shipped to my new residence. I guess I really, just wanted to say one last, final good bye to all of you. You may not be who you started out as, but I know that somewhere in you there is still the old band mates that I know and love."
I gave Taylor a hug and went into the bunks to secure that all my things were ready to go straight to the airport. I'd get fragile stickers and what not when I arrived but making sure that they were ready was the important part.
Before I knew it the hour was up and the bus stopped. I picked up my heavy and overly large duffle bag and my 3 guitar cases. When I dragged it all off the bus everyone was saying hearty good byes and making plans to get together sometime soon. I saw my band mates look at me with a hint of loath but I didn't care. This needed to happen or I might never find the true Ashtyn again.
Carefully placing my things on the ground I made my way over and hugged Matt, Jimmy, Johnny and Zack. Then I turned to Brian. The hug that was shared, held it's entirely own intensity. I felt myself slightly tear up. "I'll miss you Brian." I said into his ear, quietly with my shaking voice.
"But, we were going to come and visit you guy in two months, help you put out a new recording. You're still going to see me and we'll talk all the time."
I shook my head. "I'm leaving Brian. I can't tell you where but this was my first and last tour with 5th Gear. I already explained to my band mates. This is just something I need to do. I don't know when or if I'm coming back, but maybe we'll meet again someday." I said.
With that I picked up my luggage and stuffed it in my car. I had an extra key on my key chain.
I tossed the key to Taylor who was watching my feverishly. "Come pick her up in a few days!" I yelled and drove off. This new life would hold a whole new direction for me and I wasn't quite sure was to expect when I arrived there.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the end! But don't look so upset, there is a sequel :P