M&M's Get Avenged!

Michelle

The alarm rang. Michelle woke up. The sun was already shining, since the first moments of the morning. She got up listening to the music from the radio, and got her robe on. She went to the bathroom, to take care of her daily hygiene. In that morning she felt terribly slow, from a hangover, but washing her face made her feel better. She felt ready for the day that was beginning.
Thinking about Brian, her boyfriend, she left the bathroom and started wondering herself about what to dress for work. She made a quick decision about it, and chose a pink t-shirt and some random jeans. As she leaves the room, distracted with something that was going on in her mind, she didn’t notice she was about to collide with something.
“Ouch!”
She looked up at Brian and saw him smiling like an idiot.
“Morning honeybee!”
“Morning… asshole.”
“Oh! I’m an asshole?!” he answers. “Well, maybe you’re passing through it!”
They both laughed. He kissed her cheek, or at least intended to, but Michelle turns her head to touch his lips. She saw his right hand behind his back and tried to peep what he’s hiding. Brian was fast enough to keep hiding it, while she was trying really hard to actually see what he’s holding.
“What is that?” she asks. “Is it for me?”
“No… I just brought it here to make you jealous.”
She gave him the hahaha-you-are-so-funny look. “C’mon, show me, show me, show me!”
Michelle tried to distract him in some way and grab whatever he had in his hand. She didn’t make it though. Soon enough, as she was giving up, Brian totally surprises her with a flower, a white rose. She covered her open mouth with one hand, amazed by this surprise. She grabbed the rose and kissed him softly, with her arms around his neck.
“Well thank you. What’s the occasion?”
“Nothing really. I just wanted to tell you how much I love you, babe.”
“Oh… I love you too.” They kissed again. “And though I’d love to stay here with you, I ‘m late. See ya!”

She drove to her office in Madison Avenue, ready for another boring day, always thinking about that flower she carried with her, the white rose Brian had just given her. It was hard to find somewhere to park the car, as usual, and she got really late because of that. She was starting to get pissed off with it, watching time flying as her boss was probably casting a curse upon her. When she made it, she ran into the building, praying that nobody had noticed she was like an hour late. She sneaks to her office, looking everywhere trying to figure out if someone was aware to her arrival.
“Thank God, I think no one saw me!”
She sighs in relief, a little bit tired from all the running, and she’s now ready to start working.
“Where have you been, Michelle?”
Fuck. It was her boss, Mr. Granger. “I just… you know, like… I’m late.” She answers, as she tries to find the perfect excuse.
“Oh really?! I haven’t noticed it yet…” he said, ironically. “It’s the second time this week. You’ve been lazy, Miss Pride. The next time, you’ll get fired. Okay?” She simply nods. “Good. Now do your job!” And he walks away.
She sighs again, her eyes staring the white rose she was still holding. She smiled and sat in front of the computer.