Brown Eyes

Five.

Frank's POV

"Frank, get to school!" I felt a sharp pain shoot through my skull as I opened my eyes slowly. It was my Mom, she was furious. "What the hell is all of this?!" I looked around, unaware that I was sat in a pool of alcohol and glass from bottles that I had just fell on.

"Shit," I muttered and rubbed my head.

"You thought you'd just sit at home all day and drink? Get to school!" She yelled at me. That same pain shot through my mind once more. I had a huge fucking hangover. When was I drinking? Where the hell did I get all of this from?

"I come back from a work trip and you trash the place," She sighed, picking up the bottles from the floor and brushing her hair behind her ears. "I bet Leah didn't get too looked after, you spent the time getting pissed!"

"Okay, Mom! I'm sorry..."

She sat on the sofa beside me, stroking my face. "Sweety, I know that things aren't very good at the moment, but you shouldn't be drinking like this." I tried to suppress the smell of alcohol somehow, don't ask me how that can happen, but I guess it didn't. "Go and take a shower then I'll drive you to school."

"But Mom-"

"No buts, go get showered..." She trailed as she walked into the kitchen. I picked up the glass bottles that were whole and placed them on the coffee table. There was a few spills on the carpet and shards of glass, but I thought she would hoover them for me.

I made my way sluggishly up the stairs, my feet felt like weights on my feet, holding me back. I basically crawled into the shower and peeled off my clothes, turning on the water and sat there. I imagined I was sat in a rain shower as the droplets of water fell as I slowly dozed away into a sleep.

*_*_*

I woke up, not realising I had been sitting in a hot shower for the past few hours. Mom must have thought I had gone to school. I stood up and clambered out of the shower, wrapped a towel around my waist and tip toeing to my bedroom. I guessed that I should go to school, just in case she decides to come home early and check I'm not home. My room was cluttered with clothes and magazines all over the floor. I stepped over them all and pulled the wardrobe door open, pulling out a half decent shirt and jeans.

"Goddamnit," I muttered as I fell over more clothes whilst trying to get my leg into the jeans. I wasn't that hungry because of all of the alcohol this morning, so I didn't catch breakfast as I closed the front door. The school was just a little behind me, so the car ride wasn't very long.

I had Mrs Leech first, the English teacher. She got so pissed easily, it was bad. And I knew that being this late, she was going to hit the roof. On top of that, it's one of the few subjects I wasn't failing.

"The main clause is-" She stopped in her tracks as I scanned the room quickly for Gerard and managed to sit diagonanly to him. "Good evening, Frank."

"Alright?" I retorted, pulling my books from my backpack and laying them on the table. I didn't look up until Mrs Leech was hovvering over me which made me startled.

"You're late, you're in detention." I scoffed at her. "What's so funny?"

"Nothing, Miss. But you should be honoured I actually turned up. I could've just skipped." I watched as her face twisted.

"Like you do to all lessons? I'm the only teacher prepared to have you in my class," She spat.

"Get out of my face, Grandma."

"Get out of my class!" She shouted, whistling on the 's'. I smirked and sauntered out of class, sitting on the bench by the door. I watched as the seconds passed on my watch, it was only two minutes to the end of lesson bell.

As the long line of people came to Gerard, I pulled him backwards.

"I know Kung-fu!"

"Calm down, it's me, Frank," I laughed, "Listen, we can either go to RE or sit in the canteen. I would rather sit in the canteen," I didn't give him much choice to answer my question as I pulled him down the corridor and into the large canteen. Not many people passed through here because it was the old one and nobody went into it. I sat cross-legged on the wooden table and Gerard sat on the bench.

"Why were you so late?" He asked. I hesistated for a second. Should I tell him the 'I got wasted this morning in an attempt to have some fun' or 'I fell asleep in the shower and thank God I didn't drown'?

"I fell asleep in the shower," I quickly replied. He cocked an eyebrow in disbelief. "What? Can't someone fall asleep in his own shower?"

"I would believe you, if you had brushed your teeth," I felt my cheeks burn with embarassment. The one thing that would majorly give it away and I totally forgot about it. I covered my mouth with my hand.

"What are you trying to say?" The sentence sounded mumbled through my hand.

"Maybe you woke up with some random blonde chick beside you, surrounded by bottles of beer and a bra?" He laughed jokingly.

"No!" I felt my cheeks burn even more and decided to cover up the scent of alcohol and some shame with cigarettes. "Do you smoke?" He looked up from playing with his thumbs.

"No, my Mom would kill me if I did..."

"Gerard, have you ever lived?" I asked with all serious. He laughed loudly.

"What do you meant?"

"Well, you seem to always take your Mom's word for everything. She doesn't let you smoke, drink, have a good time-"

"You can have a good time without doing any of that."

"But..."

"No, Frank. Just leave it, okay?" He huffed, grabbing his messenger bag and storming off in the direction we had just come. I didn't go after him, I don't know why, but I just sat there with an unlit cigarette in my hand and a lighter in the other. I gradually stood up from the postition I was sat on the table and shoved the cigarette in my pocket. Footsteps began appoaching, the clicking of heels against the hard floor, drawing closer faster.

"Crap," I whispered, crawling under the table and holding my breath. A Woman's face appeared and she scanned the room, she was looking for people traunting probably. She quickly left and so I stood back up.

I had no one to hang with, I had nowhere to go. God, this was boring...

Gerard's POV

How dare he. He doesn't even know me and he's already insulting me. I moved to get away from people like that, little did I know I was moving to a place filled with them. I needed new friends, I needed to prove to him I wasn't so 'boring' and 'serious'.

"Gerard, why aren't you in lesson?" A hand clamped down on my shoulder, I turned knowing the owner. It was Mikey.

"I could ask you the same question," I raised my eyebrow. He paused for a while. "Where are your friends?"

"They're all outside, come on, I'll go show you to them," He pushed me out of the door and stopped as we headed down a field. "Guys, this is Gerard. He's blind, but he's still just as fun." I smiled weakly. They all muttered greetings and laughs as we stood awkwardly.

We were sat in the field for a good few hours, talking, joking, just hanging out mainly. At the back of my mind Frank sat but I pushed him away so I could enjoy hanging out with new people.

"Mike, we're having a party later, you should bring Gerard along."

"He might no-"

"That would be awesome," I grinned, cutting Mikey off. We all trailed our own ways and Mikey soon became jealous.

"Why do you have to hang out with my friends? Go and find your own," He whined. I chose to blank him out until we reached home and I was stopped, atleast the fourth time that day, by someone.

"I've had a phone call about you, Mister. Where have you been all day?" It was my Mom. Crap, I had totally forgotten about Frank and the whole skipping class idea. I had to think on my feet, and fast.

"I was at Therapy," I said with a little question tone at the end. I hoped she had bought it as I raced to my room to get ready for tonight.

I couldn't hide that I was excited to have a party, but part of me just wanted to sit in my room the whole night. But this time, something told me I had to go. I wasn't going to be the 'wierd, new kid' anymore. I was going to be something better. I just needed to know the right people.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, there WILL be another update tomorrow. I won't let this chapter lag! It's gonna get sexeh very fast. ;D
.xo