The Art of Drowning

The Pond

I was walking through the forest thinking over the things that happened in the past week. It was unbelievable. It all happened in a week. Meeting Davey. Befriending Davey. Kissing Davey.

Goddammit. Everything has to do with Davey now!

I came to the clearing which I ran to not so long ago. Where was the strange female voice now? I looked around at the sene which seemed to be empty so I went further. Back to the place where I have to admit I kissed Davey, looked like serenity in a box. Can you imagine that? The calm, cool air and colorful leaves on the ground gave a touch of class. I had not been farther than here so I walked on.

I came to another clearing with such beauty more than the last. It had a pond and was sparkling blue under the bluest sky I had ever seen. I bent over the pond and looked at my reflection. My hair was starting to fade back to my original brown color. Quite suddenly, I slipped and fell in. The ground I was standing on wasn't secure and the mud was slippery from the pond's shore.

I would have been okay if I could have swam. I couldn't swim at all and now I was drowning! I started to regret not taking swimming lessons. I tried to stay away from water most sometimes.

I was bobbing up and down and I felt my clothes weighing me down. I shouldn't have wore the sweater! After a while of gasping for air every time I hit the surface, I stayed under. I'm going to die, I thought. I truly thought I was going to die and for a moment I think I did.

I blacked out. A garden. Gates. Grandma? And that's all I remember.