Take Me. I'm Never Gonna Let You Fall.

But I'm coming back someday.

The rest of the school year was like a giant blur. I don’t really remember much that had happened. I know there were football games, homecoming, prom, classes, and the recording of the guys’ EP, but even those periods of time, periods that were supposed to be significant and remembered always, were nothing but a hazy memory.

Summer was at our doorstep, and I was busy packing for the tour with the guys. Of course they had asked us to go with them. I was going to be their merch girl, and Henry was going to be their manager. We had rented two vans, and a large trailer to hitch onto the back of one for our gear and bags. I was excited, to say the least. I was going to see more of the country that I had never seen outside of Miami. Besides excited, I was shocked that my mother had actually agreed to it. I think it was mainly because Jack and Alex fluttered their pretty eyes at her, making her cave.

Evening was fast approaching, the air getting cooler. I decided that this was enough for the day, that we both needed some rest. Well, mainly my vocal chords needed some time to recuperate.

“I think it’s time for a break,” I said, standing and stretching before heading inside for some water.

Daniella was right behind me, an easy smile on her pretty face. “I agree. You must be tired.”

She really had no idea. I was plagued constantly by memories, of dreams. This time in my life, I had blocked it so fiercely out of my mind. I had never wanted to talk about it again. And now…

“And I don’t mean just physically,” Daniella added softly, “I know how hard this must be for you. And…” she paused, playing with her fingers in front of her, “I’m really sorry that I’m putting you through this. If you ever want to talk…off the record, of course, I’m here for you.”

Tears clung to the corners from my eyes as I turned away from her to grab a glass of water. I swallowed down half of it, choking. I was a blubbering idiot, I thought as I coughed and heaved over the sink. Daniella came up behind me and patted me on my back. Sobs wracked my body, making me sound even worse.

Dear God, I couldn’t do this. I just…I couldn’t. It was too hard.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to make you upset. Do you think it would be easier if the guys came over and stayed with us? You know, for the summer? They could be your support.”

The noises coming from me paused. That was a great idea. I knew that I would be able to do anything with them around. Silently, I nodded before turning from her, escaping her touch, and calling each one of them to invite them over.


---

The next morning, I awoke with mascara smeared all over my pillowcase from where I had cried myself to sleep. Well, if you could call what I had that night sleep. With the dreams I had been having, it wasn’t much. All I could see was Alex and Henry, and it was driving me crazy.

I did my usual morning routine, then headed downstairs. I was pleasantly surprised to see that Daniella was not the only one sitting at the kitchen table. Sitting in my usual chair was Rian.

“It’s about time you walk up, lazy ass,” he said, standing quickly with his arms wide, ready to envelop me in a hug. I grinned broadly as I nuzzled my face into his chest.

It had been the longest since I had seen him, and I was really glad that he had agreed to fly out from Miami to see me.

“I’ve missed you,” I whispered.

“I missed you too, babe,” he replied, kissing the top of my head.

Before I pulled away, another set of arms wrapped around me from behind. “And I missed you fuckers the mostest.”

I grinned and peered over my shoulder at Jack. “I just saw you yesterday, retard.”

He narrowed his eyes at me. “That…dahling, is not the point.”

“Oh. My. God. Group hug and I wasn’t invited?”

Zack. Once his arms were around us, I suddenly felt like my world was complete once again. We hadn’t been together in one room since…well, quite some time. I felt the familiar sting of tears come to my eyes as I clung onto Rian for dear life. The last thing I wanted was for them to disappear, and leave me by myself once more.

“Thank you guys. So much,” I murmured, trying to mask my tears.

They said nothing, only hugged me tighter.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3

Sorry it's kind of lame and short. I just wanted you guys to know that I wasn't letting this one die. xD

Comments are <3