Take Me. I'm Never Gonna Let You Fall.

I've got a bone to pick with you, Mr. DJ.

That night, I drove my car down the paved streets towards the outskirts of town. Beside me, Henry was nodding his head to the beat of Green Day that blasted from my speakers. The air was crisp, and with the windows rolled down, felt a lot cooler than it was, though it didn't really bother me.

It wasn't hard to find the club. It was the only building out there, and tons of cars littered the parking lot. I ended up having to park a little ways down the street in an empty lot. I locked up the car, then grabbed Henry's hand to lead him inside. Like always, he thought nothing of it. To me, it was an over-protective big sister thing, even though I was only 15 minutes older. I had to know where he was at all times, else I panicked.

Inside, it was smoky, and dimly lit. Bodies were everywhere, dancing to the sound of some techno music that drifted out of the speakers. It smelled kind of strange in there, like musk and something else I couldn't really identify at the time. My nose wrinkled as I moved off to the side so that I didn't block the entrance. The walls were a fading red color, and peeling in most places. Rickety tables were pressed against the walls, with black, metal chairs around them. A bar was to my right, a young woman with a ton of tattoos and piercings was behind it, grinning and chewing gum as she poured what appeared to be vodka. On the left, unlit at that moment, was the stage.

I grabbed my brother, who had been checking out the place as well, and led him over to the stage. We were stopped halfway there by some woman wanting a dance with him, but after one stern glance from me, she backed off. We pressed ourselves against the black material that hung over the edge of the stage.

It wasn't too long after that that we saw movement on the stage. Rian appeared, twisting a pair of drumsticks through his fingers. He caught sight of us and grinned before waving like a madman. Jack, Zack, and Alex soon followed, guitars strapped around their shoulders. They too, sent us smiles, before Alex took up the microphone. The insane techno music went to a sudden halt as Alex began to speak.

"Hellooooooooo, Maryland!"

The crowd around us went wild as they began making their way towards the stage. It was obvious, looking around, that most of the kids present were all our own age, and had obviously heard these guys before.

As the intro began, I felt myself bobbing along with the beat. Next to me, Henry was lost in his own world. He had always had a certain thing for music. With music, you didn't have to speak to really love it, to understand it. All you had to do was listen. And Henry, well, he was good at listening.

It was the first song I had heard from All Time Low. 'Memories That Fade Like Photographs'.

I said I’d never forget your face
vaulted away inside my head
and memories never seem to fade
you were the best part of my life:my last regret

Now I’ve walked this line a thousand times before
it hurts too much to bear
FOR YOU
I’d tear out my own heart
and write our names together

Your love is the barrel of a gun
so tell me am I on the right end
I could be nothing but a memory to you
Don’t let this memory fade away

My singing cut off abruptly to a knock on the door. I stood, grabbing my purse that was hung over the back of one of the chairs. Opening the door, I revealed the delivery guy, who was maybe 17 and had acne that probably matched my food. I smiled, paid him, then shut the door behind me. I took the food into the kitchen, grabbed napkins, then placed it on the table between Daniella and I.

"You have a really pretty voice, you know," Daniella informed me as she reached for a slice.

"Alex used to say that all the time," I replied quietly, my brows furrowing close together.

Daniella chewed for a few minutes, obviously waiting. When she realized I wasn't going to say anything else on the subject, she smiled. "I take it we'll get to that part?"

I smiled back. "Of course. You want to know everything, don't you?"


An hour later, I was completely covered in sweat. Henry and I had jumped around, really getting into the beat. The guys were great. Some of the best artists I had ever heard, and they were only 16. It was amazing. They really interacted with the crowds, really got us pumped.

We were met near the bar by the guys, then we all headed outside. Rian brought his car next to mine, and we all sat on the hoods to cool off.

"So, what did you think?" Zack asked, grinning as he laid back against Rian's windshield.

"You guys were great! Amazing! Alex, I didn't know you could sing like that," I responded, turning my head to look at him. He was mirroring Zack's position, but on my own windshield.

He shrugged off-handedly. "Well, I'm pretty awesome. It should've been obvious," he said with a roll of his eyes before smirking at me.

I scowled and slapped him in the gut, making him grunt.

"We usually play here every week. You should start coming. The both of you," Jack said, smiling over at Henry.

Henry smiled back, his blue eyes lighting up. I knew that he wanted to come back. I knew that he had loved every single minute inside with those guys. I had too. I felt as though I never wanted to leave. I would've given anything to have stayed there that night, and kept going.

"Do you guys have to head home yet?" Alex asked, sitting up and peering at me.

I looked down at my watch. It was only 10 o'clock. My mom wouldn't be home until 6 the next morning. I did have school, but what was life without staying out late every once in awhile? Besides. Henry had never done so, and this was just one experience that I didn't want him to miss.

"Nope. Have any ideas?" I asked, grinning evilly.

"Well, let's just say that I have some bologna, toilet paper, and shaving cream stowed away in Rian's car," he replied with the same tone.

I cackled as we all rolled off the cars and jumped inside. I didn't even notice that instead of my brother, I got Alex and Zack, and ahead of us was Henry with Rian and Jack, until we were halfway down the block.

"Oh shit!" I exclaimed, my eyes going wide.

Paranoid, was what I was. With Henry being the way that he was, I wasn't sure how he felt about being in that car by himself. I didn't know how he felt not being with me. It my nerves shoot through the roof.

"What?! What's wrong?!" Alex asked, turning towards me.

"Henry. He's not in here. He's in the other car."

Alex blinked a few times. "I'm sure he'll be fine. Jack will take care of him. Jack's our mother hen," he said, chuckling.

"It's just...Henry isn't normal. He talks funny, so he has never really had any friends. I worry about him," I whispered as I drove, keeping my eyes on the tail lights of the car in front of me.

Zack shoved his head in between the two seats. "Don't worry. He's in safe hands, I assure you."

Famous last words.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are <3

I promise this will pick up more soon. xD