Take Me. I'm Never Gonna Let You Fall.

Too much of you is never enough.

I so was not that scared. I was...well, I didn't know what to think. Henry surprised me, with what he had said. Plus, he was drunker than shit, praying to the toilet when he said it. What the hell else was I supposed to do? So, I did the only thing that came to mind. I came to you. And man, you should've seen your face. It was all like, white and scary looking. And remember what happened? You fell on your face when you jumped off the counter. It was hilarious!

Jack. Shut the fuck up. This is my story.

I scowled over at my best friend, who stuck his tongue out at me. We had finished making the salad, and I was now grilling the chicken. Jack started setting the table after kicking me in the shin, causing me to grunt and hop around on one foot for a few seconds. Deciding to get him back, I turned and threw a spoon at his head, making him squeal like a little girl. Daniella, sitting at the table, started laughing hysterically.

"That so was not funny, Hols! You're so mean to me," he said, turning and crossing his arms, his bottom lip sticking out.

I rolled my eyes. "I am not. Now, start pouring the tea, will you, so I can continue?"


Anyways. After Alex helped me up off of the floor, we followed Jack to one of the downstairs bathroom. My brother was slumped across the toilet, his blonde hair plastered to his forehead. He groaned when we walked in, then turned to face us. His eyes were bloodshot, and squinty. I didn't think I was too far off from the same position.

He pointed at Jack, then practically screamed, "G-Get im o-outta hur!"

A giggle escaped at his really bad pronunciation, but then I turned at glared at Jack. "What did you do to him?" I asked, surprised that when angry, I could form coherent sentences. I was actually quite proud of myself.

"I didn't do anything! He just...he said he had feelings for me, then tried to kiss me. I didn't know what to do!"

I aimed a kick at his knee, but missed by a few inches. "He's drunk! He has no idea what he's saying."

"I do tooooooooooooooooooooo!" Henry exclaimed from the toilet, waving his hand around like a lunatic.

My eyes stared at the back of my brother's head. At the time, I really didn't think that Henry was serious. I had really good gaydar, and Henry just wasn't on it. Neither was Jack for that matter.

That's because I got laid like, all the time. I was hot shit. Oh wait. I still am.

Jack! Can it, dick weed! Anyways. With Alex's help, we carried my brother to one of the spare bedrooms. None of us was really in any state of mind to drive, and I didn't want to risk that with my brother. The whole way in there, he was crying, telling us just how much he loved Jack. Alex appeared to have something on his mind as we laid my brother down on the bed, but I didn't think to ask at the time. I kissed Henry on the forehead, then wiped his sweaty hair back. I then placed a trash can by his head, and told him I'd be back to check on him in a few hours.

Alex and I headed back into the kitchen. Jack had once again disappeared, the stupid ass. My mind, albeit very drunkly, was on what Henry had said. He loved Jack? As...a brother, maybe? I wasn't quite sure. It was all so confusing. I made a promise to myself that if I remembered this in the morning, I was going to ask him about it. Because Henry rarely kept secrets from me. It made me uncomfortable to think that he had kept something like this from me for so long.

This time, Alex and I sat ourselves on the floor, beneath the kitchen table. Don't ask why, because I wasn't really sure. I sprawled myself across his lap, my head on his shoulder. His lean arms wrapped around my waist, his chin resting on my head.

"Do you think he meant that?" I asked quietly, playing with the string on Alex's hoodie.

It took him a few minutes to reply. "I really do. I've come to realize that when you're drunk, you're more honest. I meant what I said, you know."

I looked up at him. "About what?"

"About you being pretty, and about wanting to kiss you. And. I want to take you out. This week. We can...well, we can do whatever you want. If you want to go up to one of the bridges and throw rocks at passing cars, then that's what we'll do."

I giggled, and shook my head. "I do not want to do that, silly. But I do, however, want to go out with you," I replied, leaning up to kiss his cheek.

He grinned like a school girl with a crush, then it fell. "By the way. I don't understand why Jack was acting the way he was."

My brows furrowed. "And why is that?"

"He's gay."

He did not! I wasn't out of the closet then!

I sat down at the table, leaning across to tip the chicken into the salad. Jack sat next to me, between myself and Daniella. "He really did, Jack. Even though you weren't out of the closet, didn't mean that your best friend didn't notice that you were gay. Besides, Alex was always really good at knowing things like that."

He jutted out his bottom lip again. "Do you get why I acted like that?"

Shaking my head, I replied, "Jack, I've never really understood why you flipped out that night, besides the fact that you were drunk. After...well, that thing, we kinda stopped talking about everything to do with Henry."

"Wait. What thing?" Daniella interrupted.

"We'll get there," I told her, smiling before turning to Jack, waiting for a response.

Jack picked around at his food, staring intently at a piece of tomatoe. "I was scared. I had never had a boyfriend before, nor had I expected to. Henry though. He changed things. He...he made me see a whole new side of myself. A better side. And it frightened the living shit out of me."

A crystalline tear escaped his eye and slid down his cheek. Tears filled my own eyes as I pushed back my chair and stood next to my friend, wrapping my arms around his neck and pressing his face to my chest. His arms circled my waist as his shoulders heaved.

We had all been through so much. For the most part though, we had kept it in. None of us spoke of it. It was too hard. And now, it was coming into the open. Everything. All our secrets, our desires, our pains. It was going to be for the world to know. And it was even harder than not speaking of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are <3

Let's get another star, eh? xD