Overdressed and Underage

Chapter 14

The word party has over 20 definitions in the English dictionary. But none of them describe the party scene. But to be honest, it pretty much defines it self. Turn up to any party and it's the same, booze, music and sex, if you go to the hard core parties then sometimes drugs. You knew who threw the hardcore parties that always got busted up and the parties that weren't as hardcore but were still pretty good. Which party we went to depended on how we felt. But we always went to a party. If we promised we'd be there. But people usually considered a party a blow out if Kaytee or her sister and their friends didn't go. So, when you were throwing a party, you tried everything to get them there. They were local celebrities in the party scene.

Kaytee lay in my arms asleep. It had only been a few weeks but her usually flat stomach had become a little rounded. Nobody had started to notice yet, which was lucky. But it was only a matter of time.

"Alex?" I looked up and smiled at Zack as he came into my room.

"Hey man,"

"You know I should kick your ass for knocking up my oldest friend. But I'm not going to, because in theory I should have kicked your ass as soon as you started sleeping with her,"

I smiled and looked up at him. "How come your over?"

"I was hoping to take her out, I need to talk to her about something, but it doesn't matter," Zack said. "How's she doing?"

"She's debating when to tell her parents," I said.

"And you don't want her to?"

"No, we want to, we just don't know how to."

"Come on, we need to practise, she'll be fine on her own for a while," I nodded and followed him downstairs.

"So, she stayed over last night?"

"Yeah, I've got to go and get her stuff from her house so she can go to school tomorrow,"

"Why isn't she going home?"

"Nobodies there. Her mom and dad have gone to visit Vicky this weekend,"

"So, she doesn't have a party? Doesn't sound like Kay,"

"Zack,"

"Okay, I forgot I understand why now, but still,"

"Her parents dropped her off on Friday after school because she hasn't been feeling too good,"

"Think they suspect something?"

"There's nothing we can do if they do,"

"True," Zack said. "Anyway, have you told her about Hopeless yet?"

"Not yet,"

"You have to,"

"I will soon,"

"Not a week before we leave to record,"

"I won't!" I said.

"Jack's waiting in the car; we're practising at Rian's today,"

"But," I picked up my guitar as I tried to argue.

"She'll be fine," He pushed me out the front door towards Jack's car. I put my guitar in Jack's
trunk next to Zack's bass and Jack's guitar.

"Okay, so Rian's girlfriend is going to be here and she brought a friend, but apparently they're not staying long because they're going out," Jack said, as we got in.

"What's her name?" I asked.

"I didn't catch it. I don't even think Kara mentioned it," Jack said shrugging.

"I suppose we'll find out in a second," it only took a few minutes to drive to Rian's house. We heard Rian beating something on his drums when we got there, we got our guitars we opened his garage door and went inside.

"What's up man?" Zack asked Rian.

"Kara's friend is a nightmare," he sighed.

"They won't be here long," Jack said.

"They better not be!" Rian said "The chicks a fucking nightmare,"

"Whose a fucking nightmare?" we turned around to see Kara.

"Me," Jack said raising his hand. "As usual,"

"Obviously," she said smiling. "This is Elizabeth guys,"

"Oh my God Alex! I didn't know you were Alex's friend," Elizabeth said. Why couldn't it have
been any other Elizabeth in Maryland? Why this one?

"Hey Elizabeth,"

"You two know each other?" Jack asked.

"Yeah, her dads my moms boss," I said.

"Where's Kaytee?" Kara asked.

"At my place, she wasn't feeling too well,"

"Why is she at your place?" Elizabeth asked.

"Because she's staying there tonight and she wasn't feeling too well before,"

"Well, give her my love," Kara said. "Come on Lizzy," they left and the guys looked at me.

"I sense a little rivalry," Jack said. "Care to explain?"

"My mom took me to a party at her work one time and she started hitting on me. I turned her down, and about a month or so ago before we knew about Kay's condition, my mom said we ha to go to a dinner party at her bosses house, she said I could take Kay because Elizabeth has some wild idea that we'd end up together. I made sure Kaytee didn't leave my side all night, because well Elizabeth scares me."

"She does seem pretty full on," Zack said. "Even for me,"

"Exactly, now erm are we going to practise or not?" I asked.

"No." Jack said. "Rian?"

"Yes Jack.

"Cook me something hoe!"

"No cook yourself something!" Zack and I sighed as they began arguing.

"Should we order a pizza?" I asked.

"It'll be here by the time they stop arguing," Zack said and he left the room to go order a pizza.
I started playing something on my guitar, sort of a backing track for Rian and Jacks
arguement. Zack came in and laughed a little picked up his bass and played a bass line. We laughed as they carried on not noticing what we were doing.

"How longs the pizza going to take?" I asked.

"About ten minutes. Kaytee looked really ill before, is she okay?"

"She's nervous; she has the first doctor's appointment tomorrow after school,"

"That's why she's at yours tonight,"

"Yeah, she doesn't want her parents to know since they have the week off work, and since
mine are home late they won't notice,"

"Cunning plan Mr Gaskarth,"

"Why thank you Mr Merrick," We laughed a little and the other two looked at us.

"What are you two laughing about?" Rian asked.

"Nothing, we've ordered a pizza, you're paying Barakat," Zack said.

"Fine," Jack said, he started talking to Rian again and Zack turned to me.

"Tell Kay I'm going to call her later," he said. "I need to talk to her,"

"Will do man,"

"How's she holding up?"

"You keep asking me this Zack,"

"I know but I'm worried,"

"She needs to stop worrying. If she carries on the way she is, she'll hurt our baby,"

"Well, this weekend there's a party. And before you say no, she needs to come. Have a good
time. She doesn't have to drink,"

"Why does she need to come?"

"To stop people asking questions," he said like it was obvious. "And she doesn't have to
drink, just pretend she is,"

"You've thought this through,"

"I have," he said. We looked up and saw a skinny freckly boy in the doorway.

"Barakat!" I shouted, he sighed and turned around, reaching into his back pocket and paid the delivery boy. He got the pizza and sat in the middle of the floor with it. We all sat around him and took a slice.

"Just think guys, this time next year we'll be on tour," I said.

"And you'll be a daddy," Rian said smirking.

"And we'll be on Warped next summer," Jack said.

"How do you know that?" Zack asked.

"Just a hunch, I have a feeling that we'll be on Warped or something," Jack said.

"Right bet time," I said. "How much are we betting that we will be on Warped tour next summer?"

"I bet $20," Jack said.

"Me too," I said.

"I bet $20 we aren't." Zack said and Rian agreed. We shook on it and ate our pizza.
♠ ♠ ♠
Crappy filler! But Elizabeth returns mwhahaha!!

Comments=updates people!