Overdressed and Underage

Chapter 15

Families have their faults. Even perfect families, they're only perfect around other people but there is always arguments fights, dishes breaking, slamming doors and things thrown. It was natural. We had them in my house, all the time. My dad and I were stubborn and never liked to lose an argument. My mom and my sister weren't as stubborn as me and my dad but they didn't like us to get our way and win, if you understand me. My sister and I were the worst ones for fighting, as close as we were, as soon as we started shouting things started flying and smashing and breaking. My mom blamed it on hormones my dad usually just stayed out of it. A clever move on his part I must say. Considering our fights can get pretty nasty.

"You didn't tell me how your appointment went," Zack said as we walked through the park.

"It went okay, everything's good. We're all healthy," I said, eating a skittle.

"You know whether you're having a mini Alex or mini Kaytee?"

"It's too early to tell," I said smiling at him.

"What do you want?" he asked, sitting up.

"Honestly? I don't mind."

"Are you not scared?"

"I'm absolutely terrified, but I'm more scared of telling my parents,"

"You can always move in with me if they disown you,"

"Real encouraging Zack," I said. "Thanks,"

"You know this is the first time we've been alone in a long time," he said. "Seriously, it was
way before summer the last time we had quality time,"

"That was the day you locked Alex in my closet so you could spend the day with me," I said smiling at the memory.

"We just spent the day reeking havoc,"

"That was before fame got to your head," I smiled.

"And before Alex got to yours," he smiled back.

"Oh hush you're just jealous that my boyfriend is hotter than yours,"

"Bitch please," he said.

"Get off my skittles!" I squealed as he tried to steal one.

"But I want one!"

"Well you should have bought your own!"

"I was going to but yours always look nicer,"

"Fine have one," He smiled as he got one. I narrowed my eyes at him as he passed the bag back.

"It was a skittle Kay, chill," he said laughing.

"But it was my skittle," I said pouting.

"Are these baby hormones or bratty Kaytee hormones?"

"The latter," I said.

"Oh how I've missed those," he said sarcastically. "I feel sorry for Gaskarth,"

"I do too. Now, I want ice cream and a movie,"

"How about we go to my house and watch one?"

"Movie marathon?"

"Oh yeah," he nodded.

"Scary ones?"

"Do you think I'm going to insult you?"

"Can we watch Pyscho?" He nodded. "But not saw I don't see what you boys see in those
movies. They have no storyline."

"But-"

"No saw, I will watch Nightmare on Elm Street or any other horror movie but not saw its just
violence. Not even horror,"

"Fine no saw!"

"Thank you! Alex puts it on even when I tell him not too!"

"That is why he is only your boyfriend and I am the best friend,"

"Whatever." I said, smirking at him. "Hey Zack,"

"Yes,"

"You're it," I said, pushing him with my right hand and running off.

"No way!" He shouted. I squealed as he ran after me.

"You can't catch me!" I shouted.

"I'm faster than you Kay!"

"Yeah but I'm smaller,"

"Are you calling me fat?" He stopped running and looked at me.

"No," I said. "I promise,"

"I don't want to play anymore," He said sulking.

"You are such a brat," I said, I walked over to him and we sat down the grass. It hadn't
rained in a couple of days so the ground was dry.

"What's Alex doing today?" Zack asked.

"He's out with Jack. I don't know what they're doing,"

"Could be anything. What's Morgan doing today?"

"She's out with her parents. What's with the questions?"

"It's been so long since we've hung out alone; it's sort of weird not to have anyone with us,"

"Oh well," I said. "It's nice just being us two,"

"It is. I thought you wanted to come over anyway. Sitting here isn't getting us out of the cold,"

"Help me up?" I asked sweetly as he stood up. He sighed, grabbed my hand and pulled me
up. We walked back to his house, which luckily wasn't too far away.

"Sorry about the mess," he said.

"Like I care," I said.

"I know but still,"

"Zack, I've been in your room. Where you can't see the floor, a little bit of mess in the house
isn't going to bother me,"

"Whatever," he said. "Do you want something to eat?"

"Please,"

"What do you want?"

"What do you have?"

"I don't know," he said. "Choose a movie and I'll find something for us,"

I went over the Merrick's DVD rack and looked over their movies. They had a lot. I looked
through them all. I bit my lip while I tried to choose.

"Can we skip on the movie? I can't decide," I said, walking into the kitchen. Zack smiled at me and nodded.

"You have something on your mind don't you?"

"I do,"

"Go on," he said, putting down the bags of food he had in his hand and pulling me back
towards the living room.

"No matter what I do, you'll always be my friend right?"

"As long as you're doing the right thing yes,"

"It's Alex,"

"What about him?"

"Over the last couple of days, he seemed sort of distant."

"He's been busy Kay."

"Doing what?"

"He hasn't told you?" I shook my head and Zack sighed. He moved his head to the side
while he thought about what he was going to say. His nose ring shining in the artificial light coming from above.

"He's been organising things. He's been trying to get things ready with the baby,"

"I'm not even eight weeks along yet, he shouldn't be worrying a lot can go wrong!"

"Kay, why are you so worried?"

"He's not been seeing somebody else?"

"No, Kaytee Rae Owens, he loves you. Why would he see somebody else?"

"I don't know. Shut up," I said smiling at him.

"Now really, what's up? It can't be just Alex,"

"How am I going to tell my parents Zack? They're going to be so disappointed in me,"

"They'll forgive you. Trust me," he said smiling. Out of the corner of my eye I saw his acoustic
bass leaning against the wall.

"Remember when you said you'd teach me bass?" I randomly asked.

"Yeah, we never did get round to it,"

"Teach me now,"

"What?"

"You heard me Merrick! Teach me bass. We have nothing better to do,"

"You have such a short attention span," he said. I flipped him off and smiled at him. He smiled at me and went over and picked up his bass. He gave it to me and sat behind me; he adjusted my fingers on the frets and plucked the strings.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took so long. I've been uber busy with college! Please don't tell me you've all lostf faith in me!

I bleached the front of my hair the other night for charity and I'm kind of worried that it's going to ruin my hair... I've never bleached it before. I might dye it brown again before Christmas. Just so my hair looks normal. Either brown or black...

Anyway, comment me please!

Love

Kaytee xx