Overdressed and Underage

Chapter 17

I woke up as the sun was beginning to come through the curtains. I leant up on my elbows from the uncomfortable position I was in on the floor to look around me. Alex squirmed with the sudden movement, but quickly went back to sleep. The TV was frozen on the menu screen of the DVD we must have fallen asleep watching. I looked at everybody else around the room and smiled to myself, Jack and Morgan were both lay elongated on the couch, Zack was sat up, his head lolled back and his mouth open, leaning against the chair that Rian and Kara had fallen asleep on.

I looked down at the boy I was sleeping next to, Alex was sleeping curled up on the rug, his arm was across the space where I was just lay. His hair was stuck up and covering his face from where he'd moved in his sleep, his lips were slightly parted as he was breathing in his sleep.

I walked into Rian's kitchen as quietly as I could as not to wake anybody and yawned. I turned the light on and opened the fridge. I got the carton of orange juice out and searched the kitchen for a glass and some pop tarts.

"Isn't a bit early for you to be awake?" I turned and smiled at the voice.

"I thought you were asleep," I said as Alex's arms slinked around my waist and he put his head on my shoulder.

"I was but you woke me up when you moved," He said, I looked at him and smiled. I kissed his cheek lightly and turned myself around in his grip so my face was pressed against his chest. He just held me for a while.

"Alex," I asked after a few minutes, "Can I make myself some breakfast now please?"

"Sure, sorry," he said and he released me and hopped up on the counter I wasn't using.
When I eventually found what I wanted – with Alex's help – I made us both something to eat and I got up on the counter next to Alex.

"I told my mom I wouldn't be back too late," Alex said smirking into his orange juice.

"Well, she'll be asleep now; we can both leave before everyone wakes up,"

"That is sneaky Owens," I smiled at the use of my last name, "Let's go. I'll walk you home,"

We left Rian's house leaving our friends asleep in the living room. We walked through the quiet streets, every now and then we'd see people going to work or the odd person returning home from whatever they'd been doing the night before. Alex and I just walked; no words were passed between us. Half way to my house, the morning chill caught me and Alex gave me his hoodie and wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me closer. I pushed the sleeves up so that my hands came through the ends, I moved in closer and Alex stopped
walking.

"What's wrong?"

"Come home with me," he said, "My house is closer, and we haven't had us time in a while."

I nodded and we carried on walking. Alex's fingers loosely slipped into mine.

We walked for another five minutes until we got to Alex's house. His parent's cars were in the driveway and all the curtains were closed, signalling they were still in bed. He let us in and we quietly made our way upstairs. When we got into his room, Alex and I undressed and got into bed. I snuggled up against him, his left arm around my waist, his right on my stomach, rubbing it gently. Our foreheads touched and I smiled at him.

"I've missed this," he said.

"I know,"

"Things constantly keep getting in the way, school, the band, our friends. We haven't been alone together in a while,"

I reached up and kissed him. His hands left my stomach and he rolled so he was on top of me. I moaned into the kiss and I felt him smile. He broke away from me and looked me straight into the eye. I shook my head and reconnected our lips again.

"Please, wait until your mother and I leave for work Alexander," his dad said through the door, we broke away from each other and sniggered. "We don't need to hear you and Kaytee going at it son,"

A laugh escaped my mouth and Alex blushed crimson.

"You are so cute when you blush," I said. Alex rolled off me and lay by my side.

"Totally just ruined the moment there," he sighed.

"They'll be gone soon. We could always skip first and second period,"

"Sounds good to me," he said. His mom knocked on the door a couple of seconds after, apologised for interrupting but asked if we'd like breakfast, we both refused and she went downstairs.

Alex lay twirling my hair in his fingers mindlessly as I stared at the pictures he had around the room. Some of him and his brother, me and him, him and the guys, all of them were memories he cherished.

"I've never known a guy to have so many pictures and photos around," I said to him.

"I guess I'm the sentimental kind," he sighed.

We lay there, just waiting for his parents to leave. As soon as we heard the front door close and the car start, his lips were on mine hungrily. I'd never felt such intensity from him before. It was like he was kissing me for the last time, like he never wanted to let go. I positioned myself above him and pulled away.

"What's wrong?" he asked, worry in his eyes.

"Nothing, are you okay?"

"I'm fine," he said.

"Good," and our lips reconnected again.

We sat down at our table at lunch and Rian looked at us, through the corner of his eye.

"You left my house at god knows what time in the morning so you could fuck each other? Classy guys," he said laughing.

"We could have done it in your bed," I said sticking my tongue out at him. He cringed and I
laughed. Jack and the rest of the girls joined us a few minutes later.

"You should really eat something babe," Alex whispered into my ear when he noticed me picking at my food. I was thinking about this morning, and how, with a baby, Alex and I would never ever get moments like that again. Especially with him on tour and preoccupied with the band, what were we getting ourselves in for?

"I'm not hungry," I said.

"But you should eat something," he insisted.

"I'll eat when I want to," I said, pushing the tray away.

"Kay, you're not just looking after you now you know,"

"Don't I know it," I said, standing up from the table and walking away. My pace quickened the closer I got to the doors and once I'd got through them I ran out of school.

"Kay! Kaytee Rae Owens, slow the fuck down!" Alex shouted from behind me. "Please just stop!"

I sat down on the wall outside school, joined a few seconds later by Alex. He pulled me into a hug and I sobbed into his shoulder. He rubbed my back and cooed in my ear, trying to comfort me.

"Baby, please tell me what's wrong?" Alex asked sheepishly. I shook my head and he stayed silent for a minute.

"Kay, just please tell me what's wrong? You just stormed off without a reason, and now you're crying. Please."

"I can't do it Alex."

"Do what?"

"This. The baby."

"W-what?"

I looked up at him, his eyes full of confusion and worry looked into my own. I sniffed and wiped my eyes with the sleeve of his hoodie that I wearing and looked him straight in the eye.

"I'm too young to have this baby Alex. We're too young."

He didn't say anything, he just looked at me.

"We can't have mornings like this morning, or nights with our friends if we have a baby! I won't be able to drink or party anymore, because I'll always have a child to look after, you'll have your band, and you'll be fine you'll be away most of the time. But me? I'll be at home. I know I'm being selfish, but I'm meant to go to college in the fall, I'm going to have a career. I can't do that with a baby. You can't do what you're meant to do if we have a baby. I don't think I want to keep it, but I don't want an abortion. I don't think I'd be able to live with myself if I got an abortion,"

"Kaytee, I love you, and I will stay by with you no matter what you choose. If you want to give this baby up for adoption then we will,"

He pulled me back in close; I inhaled and took in the smell of his cologne.

"I love you too," I whispered into his chest.

"Suppose we should tell our parents soon? That way they can help us find somebody who'll want it,"

I nodded. I leant up and kissed him on the cheek.

"You don't mind giving our baby up?" I asked.

"No, we won't be able to look after it properly, with me on the road all the time; it wouldn't be a
stable place to grow up would it? Especially because we're both teenagers,"

"We can't even look after ourselves most of the time. I don't want to lose what we have. If we keep it, we won't be able to spend loads of time with each other. And I'll be fat and emotional and we won't get any sleep, and the shows! I won't be able to go to any of your shows!"

"Calm down baby." He rubbed my back again, trying to get me to stop crying .

"Let's go get you some food." He said "We don't want the people who are getting the baby to send it back because we didn't look after you,"

"Can they even do that?" I asked as we stood up and walked back into school, I looked up at him and he shrugged his shoulders. We got back into the cafeteria and sat with our friends.

"You guys okay?" Jack asked.

"Yeah," I said looking up at Alex, "Everything's fine,"

"I'll tell you later at band practise," Alex said to Jack and Rian who nodded. "So," Holly said,
looking between us all. "It's Halloween soon, what are we all doing?"

"I think Zack said something about a kid in his math class that was having a party," Aubrey said.

"Sounds fun," I said, they all looked at me. "What? I won't drink. I just don't see why I should be stuck in the house for the next nine months, while you guys are out partying," I leant over and stole a fry from Jack's plate and he looked at me shocked.

"I'm hungry," I said, with a full mouth making him cringe.

"That's just nasty Kaytee," he said and I laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long!
x