Booze, Boys, and Buses

Chapter One

"Wanna meet A7X? We've got a week long pass to hang out with the band. Come to the Portland Civic center tomorrow at ten and get in line. Fill out a registration and you automatically qualify!" Mark with a K said over the radio.

I sighed. I was such a sucker for anything to do with Avenged Sevenfold. I had to be there this saturday. I had to qualify. Saturday was tomorrow. I never one anything, so I reminded myself all the time to not get disappointed if I didn't win anything. When I got to my apartment I set my keys on the table. I walked over to my phone which had a blinking five on it. There's only one person I knew of that would leave me five messages in one day. My room mate, Kacie Gregory. We met towards the end of highschool. The two of us had the same major we wanted to take in college. However, reality hit us both when we realized that college meant money, which neither of us ever seemed to have enough of. I worked as a waitress and bar tender at the local club, and Kacie worked at the hospital as a schedualing admin. It was hard to keep this apartment running, let alone have money for gas and extra stuff. Which was why I wouldn't be mentioning my little ride to Portland to little miss Kacie. She was the mother of the apartment. Always making sure we have food to eat and gas in our cars. She always makes sure that our cell phones are fully charged and that the apartment stays nice and tidy. I guess I was pretty lucky to have someone like her around.

"Message one: 'Hey it's me, just call me back when you get this message.' Message one erased. Message two: 'Where are you? Did they keep you late again? I'm going to be home in a few hours, I just have a few things to finish at work.' Message two erased. Message three: "Ok, you're really starting to worry me, you said that you'd be home around five, it's five fifteen now.' Message three erased."

The next two messages were her again, still complaining about how late I was. She knew how traffic could get right around Wiscasset. Oh well, I'd just deal with her when she got home. Speak of the devil.

"Hey Kacie!" I said.

"Oh my god Cass, you had me so worried." She said.

"Calm down Kacie, it was the traffic in Wiscasset." I explained.

"Well, you should have called me, I left a message on your cell phone." She informed me.

"Ok, ok. Sorry mom, I'll make sure that I call you next time." I said, sitting down on the couch and turning on the television.

Kacie was in the kitchen doing dishes. I asked her to come and sit, but she insisted on getting things done around the house. In the beginning when we first moved in together I had felt guilty, but I soon learned to stay out of her way. She knew what she was doing. Soon the smell of cooked onions and steak filled my nostrils. I loved it when she cooked. She always did such a good job. The two of us happily ate dinner together. It was great. We could only afford to treat ourselves once a week though, other than that it was usually mac and cheese or frozen pizza. The next morning I woke up bright and early. I couldn't have her actually watching me go. I wasn't the best liar. I wrote her a note explaining that I had to go buy some new pants because I was getting low. She had to work so I was sure she wouldn't be able to go with me even if she wanted to. This put my mind at ease. I also made sure to write that I was going somewhere closer than portland. She wouldn't care where I went as long as it wasn't that far away. When I left the driveway, I cranked the tunes. It was about an hour before I actually got there. And when I did, let me tell you about the line. It was at least a mile long, maybe more. I had to wait three hours before I could even see the Civic Center. My cellphone started the "Bat Country" jingle, indicating that Kacie was calling me. I sighed and answered it.

"Hey." I said.

"Hi, where are you?" I'm home from work early." She said.

"I told you that I was out shopping." I said.

"Yeah I know, but I didn't think that you would be this long." She stated.

"I should be home in a couple hours. You know I'm a picky shopper." I reminded her.

"Yeah yeah. Hey, I'll meet you at Reny's. Later!"

"Wait-!" I began, but she'd cut me off.

It was only a few more minutes when I had finally made it to the front. They gave me a sheet to sign. And then she dropped it in the box. Please let me win." I thought to myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, I hope you like this one :) I'm going to try to work hard on it Hint:(The more comments I get, the more likely I am to update.) It's not a threat, because I will never stop updating, but the will appear faster if I know how much they are liked.