Booze, Boys, and Buses

Chapter Ten

“Alright so I take it that you two are staying with me?” Zacky asked.

“Yeah.” Kacie and I said in unison as we sat in the taxi cab.

Matt looked down between his legs, as if crushed. I sighed slightly realizing that I had just let him down a little. If he had asked, I would’ve stayed with him, but if he wanted me to, he could ask himself.

“You should stay with Matt.” Kacie urged, nudging my shoulder slightly.

“Don’t.” I whined, blushing.

“You’re welcome to stay if you want to.” Matt said, catching me in a trance with his hazel eyes.

I choked on my words. I wanted to say yes, but I couldn’t seem to get them out. He was just so beautiful to me right now. My face flushed and I turned away from him. I held my cheeks in my hands and soon realized what a fool I was making of myself.

“She’d love to.” Kacie said, gently removing my hands from my face.

I shot a death glare in her direction.

Matt chuckled, being slightly amused by my chagrin. “That’s good to know.”

As soon as the cab stopped, Matt grabbed my clothes out of the suitcase Kacie and I were sharing and got out of the vehicle. He held out his hand to help me out of the car. I took it and was surprised by how soft it was. I expected his hands to be more calloused than anything. He and I waved to Zacky and Kacie as we left them alone in the cab. He then placed an arm around my shoulders. He just is not going to give up tonight. Matt opened the door and ushered me in ahead of him. Wow, what a gentleman. I let him come in and turn on the light, seeing as I had no idea of where anything was or where I was going to go.

“This is my humble abode.” He said, beginning to go toward the stairs to our left.

The living room was a pale yellow, with an off white carpet. I was afraid to get something dirty on it.

“Do you want me to take of my shoes?” I asked.

“Nah! It’s fine.” He yelled down from up the stairs.

I took them off regardless. I didn’t want to make a mess of anything. Looking around, I noticed a plasma screen television sitting on the wall in front of a couch fit for a king and a half. I smiled to myself. I was so lucky to be here, in Matt’s living room. I heard him coming down the stairs and he smiled when he faced me.

“You want me to show you to your room?” He asked, holding a hand out to me.

I politely ignored his hand and started walking up the stairs in front of him. When I got to the top of the stairs, I looked around to see that the hallway was decorated similarly to the living room.

“Right in here.” He said walking into a room to my left.

The room sort of reminded me of Belle’s room from “Beauty and the Beast.” Only it didn’t feel nearly as gloomy. Matt set my clothes down on the bed and then shrugged.

“So…are you hungry or something?” He asked, cocking an eyebrow.

“Uh, yeah, I haven’t eaten in ages.” I replied, holding my stomach.

“Calm down, it was only a day.” He said, walking out of the room.

“Matt! You need to learn a little something about girls ok? They over-exaggerate about everything.” I explained to him.

“I was only kidding.” He said, coming back into the room.

“Well it’s hard to tell with you sometimes. I don’t know when we’re getting along with each other, or hating each other anymore.” I said.

He pecked my cheek and then stared at me for a moment. Time stopped right then. It was just him and I, looking at each other. I felt a spark, like a small connection, but I didn’t want to act on it. Not just yet. I turned away. I broke it. I broke the intimacy.

“I’d say that we’re getting along just fine.” He said, leaving the room.

I was so glad that all he had done was given me a peck and not a full out kiss. I don’t know if I’d have been able to take it. I think I may have had a heart attack. I really liked him now though, like a lot. But I just had to give it a little more time before I made a move, or let him for that matter.

“Cassie Cassie!” My eyes jumped out of my skull.

Shit hadn’t that scared me. First thing I know, I’m sitting at the table, talking to Matt, and then there’s an earthquake going on. It wasn’t until just then that I realized that talking to Matt at the table had only been a dream, but the earthquake was still going on.

“Shit!” I yelled, sitting upright.

My head smashed into something hard. I fell back onto the bed.

“Ow!” Me and someone else shouted in unison.

“Oooh, sorry.” I heard someone say.

I looked around to look for who it was and met blue eye to blue eye with Sullivan himself.

“Morning Jim.” I said, getting out of bed, still holding onto my skull.

“Morning sunshine, sorry for hurting you. This is just so awesome, you and Kacie, and us. All together in the same city.” Jimmy said.

“Oh yay.” I said with low enthusiasm.

I went into the bathroom and looked at my head. It was slightly red, however I doubted it would bruise. I took off my pajamas, which consisted of my clothes from the other day. I tossed them into the laundry basket in the corner. I heated the water to the appropriate temperature and then got in. The hot water felt so nice running down my bare back. I was so relaxed.

“Fuck!” I heard someone yell, running into the bathroom and slamming the door.

Whoever it was sat down and let a huge one rip. The smell nearly killed all of my five senses.

“Jesus fuck!” I exclaimed, plugging my nose.

“Sorry! Jimmy put Exlax in my coffee.” I heard coming from none other than Johnny.

“Ah my god.” I said.

Was there no peace in showers with these guys? I mean, I couldn’t take a simple shower without seeing Jimmy’s manhood, or smelling Johnny’s fecal matter. Ok, this was going to be a stinky, good, long month. After Johnny apologized to me, more times than necessary, he left, leaving me alone with nothing but me and my shower. When I was finished, I shut the water off and opened up the curtain. I grumbled when not seeing a nice stack of towels. I put on my bra and nasty yesterday’s underwear. I wasn’t about to just run out there naked. There were no safe zones in this place. I slowly stepped out of the bathroom, still all wet, and walked out into the hall. I started to make my way slowly, and quietly down the stairs.

“Uh, Cass?” I heard from behind me.

I spun around to see that Matt was standing there. A grin spread across my face and I blushed. I’m not sure exactly what happened, but I slipped at that moment and lost my balance. I was falling down the stairs and then all was dark.

Kacie’s POV

I heard a loud thud on the ground and I ran into the living room to see what it was. There was Cass, lying on the ground in a bra and underwear. I shook my head and laughed. Matt ran down after her.

“I think she’s unconscious.” He said, looking at her.

“She’s got a nice pair of knockers.” I heard Zacky say.

I smacked him in the chest roughly. “Shut up, I think she’s hurt.” I said, running over to her. “Someone get me a towel so we can dry her off and take her to the hospital!”

“Why did she come down here naked in the first place?” Jimmy asked, just staring at her.

“I think I forgot to put towels in her bathroom. I haven’t had someone use that bathroom in ages.” Matt said, scurrying around for a towel.

He found one and ran over to her. He started wiping her down. I watched her eyes open wide at this.

Cassandra’s POV

I didn’t know what was going on. First thing I knew I was falling down the stairs, next I know someone is rubbing me down.

“What’s going on?” I yelled, flailing my arms around.

I grabbed on to a towel and pulled it toward me. The force that had been holding onto it before me had been none other than Matt. I covered myself. I looked around and the eyes of Johnny, Jimmy, Matt, Kacie, Leana, Brian, Michelle, Zacky, and Lacey, all staring at me. What a way to make a first impression. I covered myself with the towel and huffed. I ran upstairs, now embarrassed, and ran into my room. I slammed the door behind me and felt a tear fall down my cheek. That was embarrassing. I just imagined myself falling down the stairs with ass and tits flying all over the place. Oh man.

“Hey are you decent?” I heard someone ask.

“About as decent as I can be.” I said, adjusting my chest before he walked in.

It was Matt, he came over and sat down next to me.

“You have no reason to be embarrassed. It’s nothing that those girls haven’t seen before, and it’s not like I minded.” He explained to me with a slight chuckle.

“No of course you wouldn’t mind because you’re a pervert and so are the other guys. I don’t care that the girls saw me; I just care about how retarded I must’ve looked falling down the stairs like that.” I said, looking down.

“You didn’t look retarded, you never look retarded.” He said, putting his hand on mine. “Zacky even said you had a nice pair of knockers. I have to agree.”

I laughed. “Well it’s good to know that you guys like my boobs.”

Matt stared at me intently. He was moving into me. But I stood up.

“I need to get changed and then I’ll come downstairs.” I said, turning away from him.

“Ok, I’ll be down there.” He said.

As soon as he shut the door, I gasped. He had tried to kiss me. It was for real this time too. So I knew that he liked me, and I think he knew that I liked him. So what was holding me back? I wasn’t even sure. The only thing I was sure of was that I wanted to be his girlfriend. I needed to start kissing him. The next time he wanted to kiss me, I would give in. This was promise I made to myself. I threw on a miniskirt that I had brought along with me and a tee-shirt that said “Maine” on it. I wasn’t one to represent my state, but I was in a different state now, so it was ok. I heard some yelling downstairs between a girl and a guy. I just hoped it wasn’t Kacie and Zack, they were just on the verge of becoming a couple themselves. I was relieved when I saw that it wasn’t them, but when I did realize who it was, I wasn’t exactly happy. It was Matt and Valary.

"I don't even want you here! Get the fuck out of my house!" Matt yelled at her.

I walked down the stairs and stood to see what was going on.

"Are you the poor soul that Matt is trying to go out with?" Valary asked me, putting her hands on my face.

"Shut up." Matt said, staring her down.

He obviously didn't want me to know that he liked me, but I already had gathered that. Val let her hands down from my face and looked at him. She then looked over at me.

"Hun he's using you to get back at me, and that's all it is." She said, shaking her head. "He's going to fuck you and then leave you."

"Don't say that to her! She's a nice person and I'm not going to do something like that to her." Matt said, pointing between Val and I.

I was so glad to see that he would defend me in a fight.

"Never mind, I just came here to get my earrings Matt, I don't want to fight with you." Val said starting to walk away.

Matt grabbed her by the arm and pulled her back.

"Valary, I want you to get your shit and never come back." Matt said.

"I was planning on it." She said behind gritted teeth.

She pulled her arm away from him and walked upstairs. I was thinking hard now. She had a point. He could be just using me to get back at her. Matt was pacing around and then when Val came back down, he stopped and glared in her direction. When she got to the bottom of the stairs she stopped at me.

"Just take heed to what I said. He doesn't want you, he just needs someone to replace me." She explained again, this time walking toward the door.

Matt turned her around.

"I told you not to talk to her like that!" Matt yelled at her.

She flinched. "Well fuck you! You know it's the truth! Don't lead her on Matt!"

"Come on, break it up." Brian said, getting in between them.

"Fuck you man." Matt said, shoving him.

He turned and fell and hit his face in the coffee table. I watched as blood started coming out of Brian's nose. I felt everything get tipsy, and soon I was on the ground watching the room spin. And then it was black.

Kacie's POV

"Ok, ok, it's time for everyone to leave." I said, shoving Val out the door. "Come on Johnny, Jimmy, Leana, and Lacey."

They all left as ordered. Brian and Michelle were only staying obviously because of his wound. Michelle had gotten some paper towels. Matt was picking up Cassie and taking her upstairs. I knew she was going to be ok. She fainted like this a lot. When I got a bloody nose once in class she fainted and came to a couple minutes later. She fainted a lot overall. The biggest reason was because she would let pressure get to her head and then she'd faint. She was not a high stress kind of girl.

"Is he going to be ok?" I asked, staring at the blood soaked towel.

"Yeah he should be fine." Michelle said, making him tip back his head.

"Ok, good." I said, walking into the kitchen.

"Wanna hand me one of those?" I asked, referring to the beer that Zacky had in his hand.

"Sure." He said, getting one out of the fridge for me.

He handed it to me and I opened it. It was nice and refreshing. I wasn't a big no no on drinking in general, but when you get yourself wasted, it just pisses me off.

"So you still haven't answered my question yet." Zack said, staring at me from across the island.

"What question?" I asked, sipping my beer.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" He asked me again.

I sighed, he just was not going to give up on this.

"No Zack, I do not have a boyfriend." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Good, then I can do something like this." He said, grabbing my face.

His lips attached to mine. I was somewhat surprised, and excited all the same. I hopped up onto the island table and he leaned his torso between my legs. I didn't even know where this was coming from. Had I liked him all along? I pressed my lips to his again and then he forced his tongue into my mouth. I gasped at the feeling of his snake bites on my tongue. He pulled away.

"Did I do something wrong?" He asked, genuine concern in his eyes.

"No, it was perfect." I said, leaning back in.

"Hey, this is my house, and I don't want you two going at it in my kitchen." Matt said, walking to the fridge.

"Sorry man, I was making a first move, and it worked. I'm taking this home with me now, and you can go to your piece of ass upstairs." Zacky said.

I whacked him in the chest. "You know girls don't appreciate being called 'pieces of ass.'" I said.

"Fine sorry. This beautiful piece of ass." He replied with a grin.

I hit him one more time. He just chuckled. He took my hand and helped me off the counter. We both waved goodbye to Matt and then left. I assumed that Brian and Michelle had already left considering that I hadn't seen them in the living room. Zack pinched my ass on the way out the door. This was going to be a long afternoon.

Cassandra's POV

I came to, and everything was dark. I felt around to see that I was in my bed. After sitting up, I turned on the light. My head hurt a little, but that didn’t matter, I wanted to talk to Matt. I got out of bed and slowly walked down the stairs. Deciding that I was thirsty, I walked into the kitchen to get a drink of water. The kitchen light was on and Matt was sitting at the island table reading a magazine. His head reached up when he saw me enter.

"Oh, hi." He said, putting down the magazine.

"Hey." I murmured, grabbing a water glass out of the cupboard. "I want to talk to you about the fight between you and Val earlier."

"Ok." He said, sitting back in his seat.

I filled my glass up with water and then sat down on the other side of the island table. He cleared his throat. Not to say something, but out of nervousness.

"I just don't want to be a rebound, because after tonight, that's how I feel." I said cautiously.

"But you're not, I really like you. It takes a lot to stand up to me, and you did it without any questions asked. Val just wants me to be miserable." He said, standing up.

I stood up as well. I could tell that this was about to get heated.

"But Matt, you even told me that I reminded you of Val. I really don't think I want you to go out with me because I remind you of your ex." I explained to him.

He ran his hands through his hair. This seemed to be something he did a lot when he got nervous. I crossed my arms over my chest. No way was I giving in to him.

"There's only some things you do that remind me of her. Maybe it's the way you wear your hair, or the way you dress I don't know. But I do know that my feelings are genuine."

"That's not how you felt a few weeks ago. Now all of a sudden you like me? Where did that come from?" I asked.

"It came from nowhere! I don't even know. I woke up one morning on the tour bus and I really missed you. I had to admit to Zack that I liked you in order for him to want to come up to Maine. I wouldn't travel that far for a rebound." He said, now on the same side of the island table as me.

"Matt, I don't even think a guy like you would be interested in a girl like me. I have good morals." I said, now getting closer to him.

"Like what?" He asked.

"I want to save myself for someone that I love. Don't think you'd be getting any from me right off quick. Second, I'm not a big drinker, that was one of the few times I've gotten right smashed. And third, I get jealous really easily." I said.

He grabbed my shoulders and pulled me in. Our lips locked and then I pulled away. That had felt so good in so many ways and places.

"Wow." I said.

"And fourth, none of that should matter because I'm willing to wait, I'm not a huge drunk and I get jealous too." He said, letting go of my shoulders.

I wasn't sure if this made us a couple or not. This could have just completely sealed the deal on the fact that he and I were into each other. I couldn't do anything except say good night and go upstairs. I didn't want to go any farther with this tonight, I just wanted to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
once again... katie in posting for tiff. her writing, but my copy and pasting! hehe. we make such a good team! leave her comments. this chapter took her some work but she got it and i thought it was rather great myself!