Booze, Boys, and Buses

Chapter Fourteen

“Oh wow! You can really tell that that’s yours.” I said, looking at my neck in the mirror.

The hickey had a spot in it and I knew it was because of his lip piercing. Now I knew why he was so proud of it. I sighed and put some cover up over it to at least try to hide it. Today the guys had to go to the mall for their big album debut. The girls and I were all invited. After I had dressed in a blue miniskirt and a purple tank-top, we headed out. Today was definitely a convertible day. But no. Matt wanted to drive the big truck. So there I was on a warm day stuck in a tank. Nice.

“Well I just don’t see why we couldn’t have taken the Porsche. I mean, it’s a nice enough day, and I haven’t had one of these since August.” I said, crossing my arms.

“We’ll take the car next time. I just really wanted to look cool for my fans.” He said, grinning.

He was so cute. This proved it right here. The guys truly lived for their fans. No doubt.

“Ok, but you’d better promise.” I said, pointing at him with my index finger.

“Ok, I promise.” He said, looking at me sincerely.

Once we arrived at the mall, we had security snatch us right away. They handed us some badges. I assumed to keep us and the fans apart. The waved us through the back side of the mall. I had a death grip on Matt’s hand. I was a little nervous. I know I didn’t know what we were doing. But I had a pretty good feeling that the fact that I was his girlfriend was about to get a whole bunch of publicity. When the security guards stopped us, we were behind a gate. There was a table where I saw all of the other guys and the girls sitting at. I went over and sat down with Matt at the table. Zacky explained that they were also doing a signing.

* * *

“We’ll take all of your questions now.” Matt said into a mic.

One young girl stepped up. She looked about sixteen.

“I heard that you have a new girlfriend. Is that her?” The girl asked, pointing at me.

“Yes it is. And I love her very much.” He said, placing a hand around my waist.

“One more question. Is she really underage? One of my friends said that they heard that she was.” She said, putting her hand down.

“No she is not underage.” Matt said, seeming a little mad. “I don’t know who’s spreading those rumors, but they’re not true.” Matt said, a little too defensively.

“Oh, um. Ok.” She said, seeming a little unsatisfied.

“I have a question.” Someone in the crowd piped up.

“Yeah sure.” Matt said, pointing at the guy.

“So what happened between you and Val? You guys were so close.” The kid said.

“Uh, I would actually rather not talk about that right now. I’m not ready to talk about any of these things. If you guys have any questions about the CD then you can ask, but I don’t want to hear about Valary.” He said, playing with his lip ring with his tongue.

November 17th / The day before Johnny’s Birthday

“No Matt, I haven’t been to get Johnny’s birthday present. You have been with me for the past week and a half. When have I had time?” I asked, hands on hips.

“I don’t know. But his birthday is tomorrow and we still haven’t gotten him anything. By the way, Lacey called and wanted to know if you wanted to go with her to go shopping for his birthday. I don’t know I guess she had something to talk to you about.” He said, plopping down on the couch.

“Ok, well, it is time to grocery shopping again, so I guess we could kill two birds with one stone.” I said, going into the kitchen to retrieve the phone.

“Her number is-“ Matt began.

“I know I got it!” I yelled into the living room.

I dialed her number and Johnny answered. “Hello, Seward residence.”

“Hey, it’s Cass. Is Lacey there?” I asked, tapping my foot.

“Yeah hold on. Lacey!” He yelled, I winced.

“Jesus Johnny, move your mouth away from the phone.” I said, twisting my finger around in my ear.

“Sorry. Here’s Lacey.” He said, I assumed handing the phone off.

“Hello?” She asked.

“Hi, it’s Cass.” I explained, yet again.

“Oh hi! Yeah, I wanted to know if you wanted to come with me to go shopping for Johnny’s birthday.” She said. I imagined her crossing her fingers looking for a shopping buddy. “I have something I want to talk to you about too.”

“Sure.” I said, nodding my head.

“Ok, I’ll see you in a few minutes. Bye.” She said, hanging up the phone.

I hung up the phone and went into the living room. Matt was flipping through the channels until he landed on Fuse because they were doing a Thanksgiving special on Steven’s Untitled Rock Show.

“I’m going with Lacey in a few minutes to go shopping for Johnny’s birthday.” I said, sitting down next to him on the couch and lacing our fingers.

“Ok.” He said, kissing my forehead.

Things had been pretty normal for Matt and I for the past few days. He hadn’t tried to have sex with me, and I was trying not to be so passionate in my kissing. That would just land me having sex with him in no time. I wasn’t quite ready for that yet. Thankfully, he wasn’t pestering me about it either. That would definitely make it all the more difficult. It was extremely difficult seeing as how he was so kissable. I turned his face to mine and smiled. I pressed my lips to his in an unbreakable kiss. I started to become more passionate until he was on his back and I was straddling him on the couch. I started to put my hand under his shirt when Lacey barged in.

“Shit, is this a bad time?” She asked, starting to leave.

“No, we weren’t planning on doing anything. Especially since I knew you were on your way silly!” I exclaimed, getting off Matt.

Matt looked a little disappointed, and he ran his hands through his hair.

“Sorry baby, maybe next time.” I said, grabbing my purse off of the end table.

“Just don’t be gone forever. I don’t want to miss you too much.” He said, getting off the couch.

He walked over to me and pulled me into a loving hug. “I won’t be gone for too long you big baby. I love you.”

“I love you too. Drive safe Lacey that’s my baby.” He said, pointing to me.

I blushed. “Ok I will.” Lacey said, running out the door with myself in tow.

We got into her and Johnny’s Mustang and she started it up. She checked in her rearview mirror and then looked behind herself. She pulled out of Matt’s driveway and then we began on our trip to the grocery store.

“Ok, so what did you want to talk to me about?” I asked, taking my phone out of my pocket to ensure that it was turned on.

“Ok, I think Val is going to be at Johnny’s party. Although her and Matt failed to have had a friendship after the breakup, her and Johnny still talk sometimes, and I just thought you should know that there is a good chance of her being there.” She explained to me.

“I understand. I just hope that Matt doesn’t do anything stupid.” I sighed, imagining her wooing him at the beach.

I shook my head to remove such images. He wouldn’t do something like that to me would he? He was a nice and caring guy. Right?

“Don’t worry. Like everyone’s been telling you, he really likes you and I don’t think that he would exchange you for the world.” She assured me.

I smiled at her statement. It was good to know that I was accepted so easily into the huge group of friends. I jumped when my phone vibrated in my pocket. I flipped it open and read the text message. It read:

Love you darling. I can’t wait until you come home – Matt

Damn. We had only been together for about two weeks and already the guy had me in puppy dog eyes after him. He knew just what to say, and just what to do to win my heart. It was like he was a pro.

* * *

“Hey get up, we’re going to the beach today.” Matt said, shaking me.

“Just five more minutes?” I begged, already feeling weariness take over me.

“No, we have to get to the beach now!” Matt exclaimed. “Don’t make me call Jimmy over here to wake your ass up.”

I jumped out of bed in a heartbeat. “Don’t even threaten me with psycho knock-me-out first thing in the morning Jimmy.”

“Oh yes, that’s exactly who I mean.” He said, laughing slightly.

“So when are you going to let me see you naked?” Matt asked as I walked toward my old room for my shower.

“As soon as I feel like it. I don’t think I’m ready yet.” I said, taking off my pajama pants in the hallway.

Matt looked out into the hall and I was in only my underwear and his tee-shirt. I took the tee-shirt off and tossed it in his direction. I playfully started to remove my bra, but then disappeared into my room before he had a chance to see me in full nude. I went into the shower and washing myself. The doors in this place were super quiet, so it was no surprise to me when I saw my clothes I had picked out for myself to be missing. I grumbled and left the bathroom. I smiled smugly however when I knew that he had forgotten that all of my clothes were still in here. I walked over to my dresser and gasped at the empty sight. No matter. I was still in a towel.

I cautiously stepped out into the hallway and sprinted to Matt’s room. I jumped when I saw him sitting on the bed, holding on to one of my thongs.

“Matt give that back!” I shouted, stomping my foot to indicate that I meant business.

“Ok.” He said, tossing it in my direction.

I caught it with one hand and sighed in aggravation. He then picked up a bra from my pile of clothes that he had strewn all over his bed. He eyed the tag and then opened his eyes.

“Woah, a D. Nice.” He smirked, tossing the bra at me. I didn’t catch that one.

“Matt! We need to go. We still have some stuff to pick up at the store on our way over and you still have to find a present for Mr. Seward.” I explained, walking over to my pile of laundry.

“Let me pick out your outfit today. You don’t know how us Californian’s dress on sunny November days.” He said, looking through some of my stuff.

He pulled out a pair of longer shorts that I had and a tee-shirt. He also picked out a thong for me to wear. I sighed and agreed to put it on, but only if he agreed to letting me drive the hummer today. After I was completely dressed in what I guessed was Californian wear, we left.

“Today is going to be awesome. You needed to have a good beach day over here some time soon.” He said, taking my extended hand.

I laughed. “Yeah, but when we get to Maine, we’re having Christmas up there.” I told him.

“We are?” He asked raising an eyebrow like this was some kind of surprise.

“Yes Matt. My grandmother always likes having Christmas with the whole family.”

“Well what about my family. They’d be happy to meet you. My mom especially would be. She’s been asking me when I was going to get a new girl.” He said, shifting in his seat.

I noticed that he did that a lot when he go uneasy. But why was he so uneasy? He had to meet my grandparents at some point. And considering that we were going to be up near Maine around that time anyhow, considering that we were starting in California this time, I didn’t see the problem. But as usual, Matt always had to make a problem.

“Never mind. We can talk about this later.” I said, pulling in to the grocery store.

We got out and linked hands. We’d only been together for a short time and it sure as hell felt like we’d been together for ever. When we walked inside the bustling of children and moms greeted our ears. I walked over to the alcohol freezer.

“What do you want?” I asked, pondering which sounded better. Bud light, or just plain Budweiser.

“Uh, I could go with some Heiniken.” He said, pulling that out of the fridge.

I grabbed some Budweiser off of the shelf and Matt looked at me strange.

“You drink Budweiser?” He asked, staring at it.

“Do you make it a habit to stare at edible items? Yes I drink Budweiser. I drink it all the time back home.” I explained, walking off with my drinks in hand. “And on the lighter side.”

I picked up a case of Arizona green tea and walked up to the cashier.

“I still haven’t gotten him a present.” Matt said, tossing his beer up onto the conveyor belt.

“Then go get him something.” I said, pointing toward the many aisles of items.

He jogged off and came back a couple minutes later with a few items. Johnny’s favorite soft beverage, rum, snack, and magazine. That seemed like it should do fine. Obviously these guys weren’t about being over-extravagant.

“Ok, so now we have everything.” I said, pulling out of the parking lot.

We drove to the beach, and it was almost hard for me to put it through my head that it was November 18th and the sun was out. In Maine, I would be facing below 0 degree weather, and I would probably be extremely unhappy. Johnny and the guys were all jumping around and having a good time. I couldn’t wait to join them. But then I saw the blue bikini clad blond that I had wanted to avoid for the rest of my life. I just had to hold Matt’s hand and hope he was trust worthy. And that’s just what I did.
♠ ♠ ♠
sort of a filler but it needs to be in here.
comments are always loved!
let me know what you guys thought!