Booze, Boys, and Buses

Chapter Twenty-Seven

“Hey Matt, I’m going to the store, do you wanna come too?” I asked, picking my keys up off the counter.

“Sure, why not.” He said, putting a hand on the small of my back and pressing his lips to mine for a quick peck.

“Nana! We’re running to the store, is there anything you want?” I asked, grasping the doorknob.

“No thanks! You kids behave while you’re gone.” She said from the top of the stairs.

I walked outside, hand in hand with Matt, and we got into my car. I had felt a little nauseous this ,morning, which meant only one thing, I was going to be starting my period soon. Matt was driving, just in case I got sick again. I pulled out a pad of paper and a pen. The first thing I wrote on the list was “pads and tampons.” Forgetting that would be terrible. Next was “milk”, and some other necessities.

“Is the grocery list finished?” Matt asked, peeking at it for a quick moment. “I don’t see whiskey written down on there. What about some coke too?”

“Is that all you think about is whiskey and pop?” I asked, rolling my eyes.

“We men have our needs, alcohol happens to be one of them. Besides, the guys and I are working on a cartoon.” He said, laughing a little at how silly that sounded.

“You guys are working on a cartoon?” I asked confusedly.

“Yeah, and Avenged Sevenfold cartoon. It’s going to be hilarious.” He said, laughing again.

“I’m glad that you leave me out of these things all the time. How come you didn’t tell me about it? I would be interested.” I complained, clicking the pen in my hand to keep from reaching over and slapping Matt in the head.

“I didn’t know that you would be interested. I didn’t think it was that big of a deal. Val never used to…”

“Don’t preach to me about what Val did and didn’t do! I’m not Val! I’m Cassandra fucking Walker!” I shouted, slamming my hand down on the consol.

“Look I’m…” He began, but then turned to see me lurching forward in my seat. He quickly pulled over and unlocked the door.

I opened the door and stuck my head over the side of the ditch. All the contents of my morning’s breakfast spread onto the calm green grass covering the ditch. I sighed heavily and got back into the car. Matt looked at me wonderingly.

“Are you okay?” He asked, raising the eyebrow.

“Yeah I’m fine.” I replied coughing. “I just don’t feel well. I wish I would just hurry up and start my fucking period already so I can stop being sick and stop being a bitch!” I quickly calmed myself so I wouldn’t repeat the same process as before.

“Man I’m glad I’m not a chick.” He said, laughing at my completely exhausted face.

“Man I wish you weren’t such an asshole.”

* * *

“I’m not going to hurt you. I’m just going to bash your brains in. I’m gonna bash ‘em right the fuck in!” Jack Nicholson shouted on the television screen.

“Are you feeling any better?” Matt asked as I made my way back down the stairs from yet another vomit run.

“If better is the word for feeling like a beat down dog, then yes.” I said, crawling up next to him and letting him hold me tightly.

“Maybe you have the flu or something?” Matt suggested, kissing the top of my head.

“The flu? Has it been going around?” I asked, laying the back of my head in his lap so I could look up at his face.

“I don’t know. It was just a suggestion.”

“I sure hope it’s not the flu. I hate the flu, and then you would end up getting sick too. I would be so pissed if I got you sick too.” I said, sitting up and looking at the television.

“I can understand that. But I don’t think it’s the flu either. Does this happen for all of your periods? It didn’t happen on the last few.”

“It happened on a couple of them in my past. It came late and I was really sick.” I explained, leaning my head on his shoulder. “This is girl stuff, I’ll talk to Kacie about it tomorrow. I’m going to bed now. Will you be up in a minute?”

“Yeah, as soon as this movie is over. Your Nana already went to bed.” He said, kissing me on the lips.

“Alright. I’ll see you in the morning. Night babe.”

I walked upstairs and into my room. I rested my head on the pillow. There was one possibility to my sickness that I knew Matt and I were both trying to avoid. We thought up a lot of ridiculous possibilities. My period? I had been sick on my period before, but it was during my period. I had never been this late on a period either, but neither one of us were willing to admit the one life changing possibility. I could be pregnant

* * *

“Hey Zack, is Kacie there?” I asked, pressing my fingers to my lips.

“Yeah hold on.” He said.

I heard some rustling in the background. The alarm to my left read ten o’ clock. Matt had gone to Jimmy’s house to hang out with the guys. My Nana had tagged along only to torture Jimmy. I guess Zack and Kacie had decided to tag along as well, the only way I could reach her was on her cell.

“Hello?” She asked.

“Hey, it’s Cass.” I explained, getting up from the bed.

“Hey!” She exclaimed. “What’s up?”

“Okay, so I’ve missed my period, and I’ve been really sick. I know how that sounds, but it’s happened before and you know it. I don’t know whether or not to get a pregnancy test, or just believe in my head and heart that this isn’t what’s really happening. I mean, it could just be the flu, and my period could just me l…”

“Cassandra, shut up!” Kacie shouted, laughing at my rant.

“I’m sorry, it’s just…”

“I’m coming over, and I’ll buy a pregnancy test on the way. I’m sure there’s nothing to worry about okay? I’ll be there in a few minutes.”

“Wait! Don’t say anything to Matt okay?” I asked, pleading in my head that she hadn’t already blurted the pregnancy test thing too loud.

“Alright. I’ll be there soon, now hang up.”

I laughed and hung up the phone. I began chewing my fingernails. It was that or I was going to have to pick up smoking. In which case if I were pregnant, that would be horrible. It took too long for Kacie to get to the house. She had a large paper bag with her.

“How many did you buy?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Ten. I also bought ice-cream, and some green tea. You have to produce a lot of pee for these babies.” She said, slightly out of breath.

“Well, why don’t I pee in a cup, and then we can stick them all in the cup.” I suggested, laughing at the fact that she bought for gallons of green tea for no reason.

She held up a finger to protest and then sighed. “I guess you have a point. Here, take these then, and put them in the fridge, and this in the freezer. Too much green tea can’t hurt.”

I rolled my eyes and took two of the jugs. I returned for the other two jugs and the ice-cream. I grabbed a plastic cup from the pantry on the way out, and went into the downstairs bathroom. Luckily, I didn’t make as mess. I sat the cup on the island counter in the kitchen. Kacie had already unwrapped all ten of the pregnancy tests. She began plopping them all in the urine.

“They’re all supposed to sit for about five to eight minutes.” She explained, shrugging. “Good luck.”

I sighed and felt a stray tear fall down my cheek. Kacie rubbed my arm knowingly and then wiped my tear.

“It can’t be too bad. If Matt reacts badly, I kick his ass.” She said, laughing.

“It’s not that, it’s just that I don’t know if I’m ready for this. Three and a half months isn’t long enough to be having a baby.” Another tear sparkled down my face.

“I know, but if you guys’ love is as strong as it looks, you’ll make it through.” She said, smiling at me.

Her smiled was contagious and caused me to smile. There was no being upset around Kacie and I loved it.

“Alright, to keep me from being too anxious, tell me about you and Zack’s ‘fling’.” I urged, taking her into the living room away from the tests.

* Flashback * Kacie’s POV *

Zack and I had been at the house just like every ordinary night. I hadn’t planned on doing anything with him, and I don’t think he planned on doing anything either. It started with just some minor kissing. His lips against mine, our tongues touching consistently.

He’d moved his lips to my jaw bone, and then onto my neck. My heart rate grew, as did my passion. As my breath became short, I pushed him back onto the couch. The color of it, the way it felt, didn’t matter to me. I just wanted him. I got more rough, I pressed my lips to him harshly now. It didn’t matter that I didn’t know quite what I was doing. All that mattered was us.

I got so wrapped up in that moment, with just him and me kissing, that I’d lost track of time. When his hands felt their way to my breasts, they instantly became alert, awaiting his grasp. When he did grasp them, I let out a moan, unlike I’d ever known I was capable of. This caused him to smile.

As he worked his hands down my body, he gripped my pants and pulled roughly. I got off him, but just long enough for us both to remove our clothes, and then in was back on the couch for us both. We were both eager to see what the other had to offer. As I let my hands trace down his body, a slight chill ran up my spine. I couldn’t wait for him to be inside me. And soon he was, grunting and pushing.

“I love you.” He’d said, but it was jagged, and hard to understand.

“I love you too.” I’d replied, but I’m sure mine was just as inaudible.

“Fuck me harder baby.” He’s said.

I did as asked. I was ready to do anything for this man, especially since he made me feel this way. And just when I thought I couldn’t take it anymore, he grasped my hips and made me stay while he sucked away at my neck, causing me to let out a load groan that would make a sex god jealous.

* * *

Cassandra’s POV

My mouth was open with the TMI she put into this story. I chuckled slightly and looked at my feet. She made it sound so beautiful, and long. Like their sex lasted for ever. Whereas Me and Matt’s felt like it lasted only a couple hours. I would have to remember to talk to him about holding back on his orgasms. I heard the door unlatch and Matt walked in.

“Hey babe.” He said, smiling at me.

“Hi sweetie.” I said, getting up to kiss him.

“You sound like you’re feeling better.” He explained, walking into the kitchen.

My heart dropped. I’d forgotten about the tests.

“Wait Matt!” I shouted, running for the kitchen.

“Cassandra, are these yours?” He asked, holding the cup full of pregnancy exams up.

I bit my lip searching for any excuse. “They’re mine.”

I looked to my right at Kacie. Had she just saved my ass big time? I looked over at Matt. He’d bought it.

“Oh! Well congratulations. I guess if you wanted a baby.” He said, holding up one test and looking at it carefully. I didn’t blame him for not wanting to get what he thought to be my best friend’s piss on his hands.

“Nine of these are positive.” He said, laughing slightly.

“Really? I hadn’t even looked at it yet. I can’t wait to go home and tell Zack! You know, I’ll go do that now.” She said to him. She then turned her back to him and whispered to me. “You owe me one. Bye!”

She waltzed out the door and my grandmother walked in right after her. I threw the cup in the trash and then turned to face my Nana.

“Hi Nana.” I said, grabbing her into a hug.

“I think I’m going to head over to Zack’s and congratulate him in a couple hours. Do you want to come too?” Matt asked, raising an eyebrow.

Unless she let Zack in on it, I was fucked, but at least if I was there I would be able to find a way to prevent it.

* * *

“We’ll be back in a few.” I said, waving goodbye to Nana and walking outside into the cool California night air.

Matt opened my door for me and held my hand as I sat down in the car. I wondered if this was going to change when he found out that I was pregnant. I never thought that this would happen so soon. I wished that it had taken longer for us to get to Kacie and Zack’s but it hadn’t.

Matt took my hand as we walked up to their house. I counted the steps. One…two…three…door. Matt knocked and Zack answered.

“Hey Man!” Matt exclaimed, pulling Zack into a big hug.

“Hey, how’s it going?” Zack asked, leading us inside.

I hadn’t been here in a while. It smelled nice. My eyes lingered to the couch and I shuddered. I would never look at, or sit on that couch the same again.

“Do you guys want anything to drink?” Kacie asked, looking at me sympathetically.

“Yeah, I’ll take some Jack and Coke.” Matt said, holding his hand up.

“I’ll just have some water.” I said, holding up my hand.

“Come on babe, you gotta live a little.” Matt said, nudging me. I forced a laugh. “Hey Zack, way to make the pregnant girl work.”

Zack laughed. “What are you talking about man?” He asked, walking in with my water.

“You know, I saw the pregnancy tests on my island table today.” Matt said, pointing at Kacie.

“Kacie’s pregnant?” Zack asked, looking at Matt strangely. “Hey Kacie! Do you have something to tell me?”

Kacie came in from the kitchen. “No.”

“Are you pregnant?” Zack asked, raising an eyebrow at her.”

She looked down at her feet.

“You are! How come you never told me?” Zack was getting a little heated now.

“I’m sorry! I was just waiting for the right

“So…you’re pregnant. This is bullshit.”

Kacie looked at him with astonishment written all over her face. “But I thought you wanted a baby.”

“I did, but this is too soon, for both of us. I don’t think I can do this.” He said, looking Kacie right in the eyes.

If this was their plan to get me to spill my guts to Matt, it was working.

“No wait Zack!” I said, standing up. “The baby is mine.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you all liked it :) I enjoyed writing this one. Feedback is always good, also, I'm sorry for not getting updates done as quickly as I'd like :)