Booze, Boys, and Buses

Chapter Three

“Come on you guys.” Brian said, eagerly running toward the hummer.

“I’m going in my car.” I said.

“Oh no you aren’t.” Jimmy insisted.

“I have to.” I said.

“Why?” Jimmy asked.

“Because there isn’t enough room in your hummer for me, Kacie and five buff guys. I’ll take my own car.” I said.

“Ok well, I’m coming with you.” Zacky said.

I was still a little overwhelmed by what was going on, and they packed my bags so fast I got dizzy watching them. Minus the part that I nearly killed Brian for playing with my thong. Zacky and I got into my car and I started to drive. None of us said a word for a while, I just quietly followed the black hummer in front of me.

“So are you excited?” He asked.

“Nope.” I lied.

He didn’t believe me, which was a good thing. I’d have to accuse him of being blonde if that were the case.

“So what’s Matt’s deal? I mean he’s been nothing but a jackass since he got here.” I said.

“He’s having Val problems. Like, she was dancing with some guy in this bar and he got mad and beat up the guy. Val cried and broke up with him and then wanted him back, then he wanted her then she wanted him and so on. Now he’s in the wanting her back stage. She’s ignoring him. We keep trying to get him to get over her. He just can’t do it.” He said.

“Well yeah, after thirteen years of a friendship, that’s a little hard to break, and hard for any girl to compare to.” I said. “So what’s the deal with you and Gena?” I asked.

“Me and Gena? We had a baby fight. She was ready and I wasn’t. She said we should take some time apart. To be honest, I was glad.” He honestly stated.

“Oh.”

I didn’t know what else to say. What could you say to that? Again, silence filled the space in the car. What was with these guys? They had a couple of beautiful girls on their hands, what were they thinking? Boys really were retarded sometimes. We stopped at a hotel in Portland. I cocked an eyebrow. Why Portland? I had imagined that we were going somewhere like California.

“Why would we start a tour in our hometown? We usually finish them in our hometown and start them somewhere else.” Jimmy said.

“Oh, ok. So basically, we’re going to Boston tomorrow?” I asked.

“You bet.” Brian said. “And then we’ll be traveling on the bus.”

He sounded overjoyed to be getting back on the bus. For now we were going to stay in the hotel. I was roomed with Mr. Poopy Pants.

“You know Zacky told me all about it. If you ever want to talk, I’d be happy to listen.” I said.

“Yeah you’re a freaking scary fan, just like the rest of them. The only thing you’d want to hear would be me saying I liked you or something.”

I looked him in the eye now and brought myself to his level. He was a person too and obviously wanted to be treated like one, and not like a star. So I decided to treat him that way. Besides, everybody poops right?

“For as long as we are on this one week thing, I don’t want you to think even for a second that you’re better than me. We’re both human.”

“I don’t have to think I’m better than you when I am.”

I growled loudly at his conceited attitude. This irked me on so many levels. I quietly calmed myself and took out my laptop from my bags. We didn’t have wifi in this place unless we paid an extra fifty bucks for it. I didn’t want to bother the guys about it, so I decided to work on a photo I was tweaking for my Myspace. Matt was clicking his tongue to a song on his iPod.

“Will you shut the hell up! God you’re annoying.” I said.

“But I’m your idol.” He mocked.

“Yeah, but I never imaged that you’d be such an ass. You’ve totally ruined the band for me. I thought you were all nice guys. And I guess you are, save for one.” I said.

He seemed slightly taken aback because without a word he got up and left the hotel room. I sighed. I had imaged Avenged Sevenfold to be an all together nice band. That’s how they portrayed themselves in their dvd. I guess that they all had a sort of ego problem, but Matt was horrible. To think I ever even found him attractive He ended up showing up into the room a little later, but I had already shut the lights off and crawled in under the blankets.

“Come on it’s time to get up. We’re never going to make it to the gig in time if you don’t get your ass up!” Matt said.

“Shut it, I’m getting up.” I lied.

I was so tired and overwhelmed that I went right back to sleep. Before I knew it, I was being carried out of the hotel room. I elbowed Matt in the back and he dropped me on the floor. I sighed and got up and began walking next to him down the hall. We rode down in the elevator silently and awaited the opening of the doors with great anticipation. As soon as they opened, Matt was the first one out. I continued out of the elevator behind him.

“Please! I know we can all fit in the hummer!” Zacky insisted.

I sighed, “yes! I will sit in the fucking hummer with you guys!” I said.

“Yes!” He exclaimed.

“But what about my car?” I asked.

“Whatever, it will still be here when you get back.” He assured me.

I glanced over at Matt who quickly everted his gaze from mine. I tossed my hair and told Zacky that I would be more than happy to ride in the hummer with the guys.

“As long as she doesn’t get stuck sitting next to me, I don’t care.” Matt said, getting into the front seat.

The rest of the guys all urged me to sit in the front with him. I gladly obliged.

“What the hell guys?” He asked.

The five people in the back all grinned menacingly. They knew what they were doing, I hoped. Matt violently shoved the vehicle into reverse and then into drive. He was not in a good mood. He began muttering some things to himself.

“Who are you talking to?” I asked.

“Myself.” He mumbled.

“Oooh, what are you guys talking about?” I asked jokingly.

“Will you just shut your stupid mouth already?” He asked. “You know I’d think that since I am an idol of yours that you would give me some respect.”

“Woah you think? Well that’s something new.” I joked. “And hey buddy, I only give out what I get.” I said.

I heard some oohs and ahhs in the back seat. I felt proud of myself when I had won against Matt in a comeback competition. There was no way he could ever beat me. I was the best in high school and apparently I’m best in the real world too.

“I’m hungry.” I said after we’d been traveling for a couple hours.

“Well, you can wait until we make it to Boston. I’m not going to feed you now.” He said.

“Asshole.” I said.

“What’s your problem anyhow? What did I ever do to you?” He asked.

“I could ask you the same question Matt. I could ask you the same question.” I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments would be nice! So would some friend requests!