Booze, Boys, and Buses

Chapter Thirty-Five

Kacie started getting off of the plane with her passport in hand. I pulled mine out of my carry-on bag as well. We trudged off of the plane after our many hour long flight. We didn’t have any hassles as we left the airport and got into a taxi that Kacie had asked for shortly after arriving at the airport. Kacie asked the driver to go to the venue where the guys were playing tonight. He dropped us off and we paid the tip. He drove off and we started walking over to the gates where the buses were at. Immediately we experienced some problems. There was a larger than life security guard standing right behind the gate.

“Hey, is there any way you could get us through?” I asked, standing at the gate. “I’m Cassandra Howard and this is Kacie Gregory. We’re Zacky Vengeance and Matt Shadow’s girlfriends. Both of us are pregnant and they don’t exactly know that we’re coming.”

“Sorry, without a backstage pass, I can’t allow you entrance. The guys would have my head if I let you through without their consent.” He stood there more sturdy than ever.

I growled and glared at him. “Listen ass wipe! I need to get to my boyfriend right now, or you’re going to pay! I haven’t seen him in two and a half weeks!”

Before he could even mutter a reply, I heard all kinds of shouting come from behind me. A whole mess of people were running toward us. I braced myself for the impact as did Kacie. We were being more protective over our stomachs than anything else on our bodies.

“You should let me over! It’s my birthday!” One girl shouted from the crowd.

“You should let me too! Matt’s my boyfriend!” Another girl shouted.

“He’s my boyfriend!” I yelled at the girl that had just opened her mouth.

“Nice try, but the guy knows that we’re all lying.” She said grinning at me.

The screams went from mild to piercing when the five guys walked out of the building and toward the buses. I nudged Kacie.

“Matt! Matt I’m over here! It’s me Cassandra!” I shouted, waving my arms in the air.

None of the guys looked over here except Jimmy. He saw me and slapped Matt’s arm. Matt looked over at me and his whole expressing changed. He jogged over to me and helped Kacie and I over the metal gate.

“You weren’t lying!” The girl from before shouted at me.

I gave her a peace sign as Matt took us both over to the bus. We got on and her pinned me against the wall. His lips pressed against my roughly causing the breath to leave my body.

“I have to go out there and do some signing, but I’ll be back.” He motioned for the guys to follow him as he walked off the bus.

Kacie sat down with me at the kitchen table as we waited for the guys to finish outside. I had missed Matt so much, and that controlling kiss had made me want to take him around the world.

“I wonder where Val is, I’m going to kill her as soon as I find her skank ass.” I murmured, picking at one of the nails on my left hand.

“I’m sure she’s around here somewhere, but Cass, I really think you should try to consider the consequences. What if she presses charges this time?” She asked, worry was apparent on her face.

“I know, I won’t hurt her, but if she swings, I’m not holding back.” I warned just as the guys came piling on the bus.

Val, Lacey and Michelle all came on after them. Val looked from me to Kacie and then at the floor. I let her walk sit down on the bed. I wasn’t going to hurt her for real. Everyone except Kacie and Zack knew that Val and I weren’t going to do anything. Matt sat down next to me and put his arms around me. I hugged him as well. I took in his smell, although he’d just been on stage, it wasn’t bad. I then gently kissed him.

“I missed you so much.” I whispered, not losing my death grip around his body.

“I missed you too babe. How has everything been at home?” He asked against my hair.

“It’s been fine. It’s been hard without you though. I’m so glad to have you back.” I meant ever word of what I said.

“Me too.” He kissed the top of my head.

Kacie looked at me strangely. I gave her a similar look back. She motioned from me to Val. I shrugged and snuggled closer to Matt. Kacie wasn’t stupid and she got it right away.

“You guys were never going to fight. This was all a set up.” She stood up from the table.

“Kace, we’re only doing it for you and Zack.” I said, standing up along with her.

“I can’t believe you would lie to me like this. I was perfectly fine without him and now you’re making everything worse!” She walked off the bus.

I heard some cheering outside but it soon subsided. Matt wrapped his arms around me and kissed the top of my head again. I didn’t want to let him go, but I had to find a way to help Kacie. I walked toward the front of the bus where Zack was playing video games.

“Zack could you pause that and come talk to me in private?” I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

“Sure.” He said, pausing the game and following me to the back of the bus.

“Could we have some privacy?” I asked, shooing everyone from the room.

The all subsided and I motioned for Zack to get onto the bed. He scooted over so I could get on. I then shut the curtain.

“Zack, if you try to leave, I’m going to have to get physical, neither of us wants that.” I warned him.

“I don’t want to talk about Kacie if that’s what this is about.” He said, crossing his arms.

“I don’t care what you want to talk about. Just listen and answer questions when asked.” He glared at me for a moment and then sighed.

“Fine.” He agreed, crossing his legs.

“Okay. Just tell me what happened between you two when she found out that she was pregnant.” I said, folding my hands like I imagined a marriage counselor would.

Flashback General POV Zack’s House

Kacie looked in shock at the small piece of plastic with a definite yes written in digital black letters across it. After missing her period, she thought it would be a good idea to take a test. She tossed it in the trash and tried to put it out of her mind, and that night while she lay with Zack, she prayed that his false reaction to her “pregnancy” when Cass had been pregnant, wasn’t the same as it would be now. The next morning, Kacie told Zack that she had to go grocery shopping. He explained to her that the guys were going to be coming over later. She agreed to pick up a snack while she was at the store.

While she was gone, Zack went to the bathroom and while doing so, he noticed the test sticking out like a sore thumb among the dirty q-tips and toilet paper. He pulled it out while carefully evading the dirty toiletries. The one time Zack didn’t want to see the word yes, and there it was in big black letters. He threw it back in the trash and called off his afternoon with the guys.

Once Kacie arrived home, she started carrying groceries inside the house. Zack went out and helped her.

“Are there any pregnancy tests in here?” He asked as they brought in the last batch of groceries.

“What?” Kacie was taken aback.

“You heard me Kacie. So, when were you planning on telling me?” He asked, tapping his foot on the ground.

Kacie was at a loss for words. She knew inside that this wasn’t going to end well. Before she could get the words out, Zack threw his hands up and walked up the stairs. Kacie followed after him only to find him in their bedroom, packing her clothes.

“I don’t care where you go, but you can’t stay here. You obviously can’t be trusted.” He didn’t even look at her while he spoke.

“Zack! I was going to tell you when I was ready! I was honestly afraid of your reaction being the same as it was when I was playing pregnant to save Cass.” She tried to make the situation change.

“Kacie, do you remember why I broke up with Gena? It was because she wanted a kid and I wasn’t ready. I’m still not ready!” He exclaimed, continuing to put clothes in the suitcase.

“Zack stop putting clothes in the suitcase.” Kacie had started to cry. “I didn’t do it on purpose! I don’t want to lose you over something like this!”

“I can’t do it, I’m not father material!”

“But you could be! All it takes is to read some books or something. Zack I’m begging you!” She fell to her knees and buried her face into her hands.

As much as it bothered Zack to see her like this, he just picked her up by the arm and helped her to the door. He popped the trunk in her car and put the suitcase in the back. She was still standing at the door. He pulled her toward the car while she protested.

“Zack no! I need you, please.” She pressed her lips to his.

He stopped to kiss her, but then put her in the car. Even after he went into the house, she sat there crying. Everything she’d ever wanted just flew out the door. Her heart was crushed and she couldn’t handle it.

End Flashback

“Jesus Zack! You need to go get her back!” I shouted, pushing him out of the bed.

“But that’s the thing. I still don’t want a kid.” He shrugged, playing with his lip rings.

“Well, whether you want one or not, it’s coming, and it’s yours. There’s nothing you can do to change that. So either you can take the responsibility as a good person to be the father of this baby, or you can be a pussy and hide! Trust me, I grew up without a father and I would do anything to have him back! So go to Kacie and don’t come back until everything is patched up.” I shoved him out the bus door and then slammed it shut.

Val came behind me and latched the lock. I high-fived her and we sat down at the kitchen table. For a moment, neither of us said anything, but she broke the silence.

“So, Matt’s been behaving himself. There was once incident at a bar, but I made that bitch run screaming.” Val laughed and ran her hands through her hair.

“Tell me about it.” I urged, being excited to hear about my ‘on tour spy.’

“Okay, so she was talking to him at first, and I kept a good eye on her. The she put her hand on his leg and I told her to back off. She gave me a dirty look, but trust me, Matt was trying to get her off too. So then she left and he went out to dance and next thing I see is her grinding him. He was trying to move, but every time he did, she would follow him. So I walked up to her and shoved her. She tried to hit me back, but Matt stopped her and we all went back to the buses.” She chuckled at her memory.

“That’s awesome.” I complimented, getting up to find a drink.

I filled two glasses with water for Val and me. She thanked me as I handed it to her and sat down. She took a sip just as Matt came in and sat down next to me. I kissed him and then rested against his shoulder. I jumped when there was a knock at the door. Matt got up and opened it. Kacie, followed by Zack walked onto the bus.

“How did…” I began to say, but their actions explained everything.

“I don’t want you to be with me just because it’s the right thing to do! I want you to be with me because you love me!” Kacie shut the curtain.

I don’t even know if that was her bunk, but I don’t think that she cared. Zack sighed and rubbed his temples. He looked and me and then I shrugged. I wasn’t sure what else I was supposed to say, obviously my advice was no good.

“I’m sorry, I thought that it was going to work.” I got up from the table and crawled on to the bed with Kacie. “Can I talk to you?”

“Whatever.” She said against the wall.

“He does love you. I don’t think he’d be trying to get back with you if he didn’t. Besides, he doesn’t even want a kid, but he’s willing to go through it for you.” I explained, hoping that she would come around.

“Who’s to say that he wouldn’t start this shit up again the second we got back home?” She asked, turning to face me.

“No one knows, but what I do know, is that if you don’t get back with him, you’ll never know anything that will happen between you two later.” I surprised myself sometimes. I wish I could come up with this kind of advice for my own life.

“I hate it when you’re right.” She said as I wiped a stray tear from her face.

She got up and I watched her through the curtain. She kissed Zack and rested her head on his chest. He whispered something to her and she nodded. Complete success.

Month and ½ Later

Matt was driving home from the airport. I was half asleep, but also very excited to see my son again. I had talked to him a lot over the phone while we were gone. I was afraid that he would have forgotten who I was had I not called him a lot. When we arrived at the house, I was the first out. I ran inside and scooped Max up off the floor.

“Mama!” He shouted, embracing me tightly.

I laughed and held on to him tightly as well. I stroked the back of his head. I was so happy to be with him again. Matt ruffled his hair which was starting to look like it needed to be cut.

“I know where someone’s going tomorrow with daddy.” I said, hugging him again.

“Where would that be? A strip club?” Matt asked, laughing.

I slapped his chest. “No! The barber shop.”

“My hair isn’t getting that long.” He said, playing with it.

“I know, but I’m just afraid that if you let it get any longer, you’ll start gelling it.” I ruffled his hair and laughed.

“I suppose you’re right.” He rolled his eyes.

“Of course I’m right. I’m always right.”

Leana came downstairs and hugged Matt tightly. I hugged her as well. Matt pulled five hundred dollars out of his wallet and handed it to her.

“I know it’s not nearly enough, but I have to stop at the ATM later.” He said, hugging her again.

“It’s fine; consider the rest of it a labor of love.” She waved goodbye to all of us and walked out the door.

“Bye!” I shouted as she shut the door.

I placed Max on the floor and started to kiss Matt insanely. Matt paused mid-kiss to look at Max who was looking up at us wonderingly. I blushed and decided that it probably wasn’t a good idea to be kissing him in front of Max. Not like that at least. I didn’t want to put Max to bed either, that seemed like it would be rather selfish of me.

“We’ll have to do this another time.” Matt said, tapping my butt as I bent down to get Max.

I turned and stuck my tongue out at him. He flipped me off and my mouth fell agape.

“Matthew! He has a very easily manipulated mind! Don’t be doing things like that!” I shouted, shielding Max from Matt.

“Cassandra! Maybe you should think about that the next time you decide to jump me in front of the kid.” He grinned at me.

I picked a pillow off of the couch and threw it at him. He caught it and threw it back at me. I ducked with Max in hand and the pillow brushed the curtain on the window just enough for me to get a good peek at what was behind it. I sat Max down on the couch and began walking slowly over to the window.

“What is it?” Matt asked, following me.

“I’m not sure.” I said, pulling the curtain back.

The window was almost completely covered in tiny red bugs bearing black spots. We had a slight lady bug infestation on our hands.

“Matt, go check all the other windows.” I said, unable to look at anything other than the massive amount of bugs on the window.

“It’s the same everywhere!” Matt shouted from upstairs.

“Honey, maybe we should call an exterminator.” I turned and faced him as he made his way down the stairs.

“I know what you’re going to say, but hear me out. I know the guys can take care of it.” He had his hands on my shoulders to prove his seriousness.

“It wouldn’t be that hard to get an exterminator.” I didn’t want them in my house spraying poison everywhere.

“We could get out of the house for a while when they do it.” Matt said, grinning and stroking my chin.

I honestly was against the guys coming into my house to do extermination work. They knew how to be idiots and be rock stars and that’s about it. As much as I loved them all, I wasn’t about to let them come in my house and do all this “work.”

That Night

“I don’t know how in the hell you conned me into leaving the house tonight.” I had my chin rested on my palm, staring out the window.

“It’s my good looks and charm. Besides, the guys can’t be spraying all that shit around Max.” Matt looked in the back seat at what I presumed to be a sleeping baby.

“No, instead we should let them spray poison around everything he touches and eats! I swear that if anything bad happens, your ass is grass.”

He put a hand on my leg. “Nothing is going to happen.”

The next day, Matt woke me. We had his parents watch the baby and the dog. Matt was more excited than I was that today was the day that we would figure out what our baby was. I knew he wanted a boy, I wouldn’t complain no matter what it was. Once we got there, we had to wait forever to get in. The doctor got us right hooked up to the ultra sound and started looking around for the picture. I could see him clearly on the monitor now. He was starting to get pretty big.

“Congratulations, it’s a…”

My phone rang on the table. Matt ran over and answered it after looking at the caller I.D.

“How’d it go?” He asked, biting his lip ring. “What do you mean…” I knew he was talking to one of the guys now. “He did what?”

The shock in Matt’s voice made me panic. What had we gotten ourselves into this time?
♠ ♠ ♠
I really enjoyed writing this chapter and I hope you all liked it too! You can show me that you liked it by giving comments....hint...double hint...haha Happy April Fools Day!!