Booze, Boys, and Buses

Chapter Four

We had arrived in Boston in just another couple hours. I had fallen asleep and then we were all rudely awakened by Matt violently stopping the hummer. Jimmy shot awake and started screaming something about us all dying in a car accident caused by a dog running in the road, or something to that effect. All everyone could do was laugh. We pulled into Burger King because Johnny was yelling that he had to pee and everyone else followed suit.

“This is so awesome.” Kacie said when we got into the bathroom.

“Yeah for you. Matt has been a total ass to me this whole time. I’ve had a hard time enjoying myself. He just doesn’t like the fact that I’m a fan. Also he’s a little sore about Val.” I said.

“I heard about that.” She said, flushing the toilet.

I flushed too and then went to the sink. We quietly tousled our hair and washed our hands. I heard a yell from out near the counter. I rushed over, assuming it was one of the guys, and it sure was. Jimmy was freaking out over a spider on his shirt.

“Get it off get it off!” He shrieked.

Matt squished it in his fingers and then went back to the cashier. I sighed in disappointment at Jimmy.

“Man, you had a spider on you the size of the planet in the ‘Afterlife’ video on your face.” Kacie pointed out.

“Yeah, but if you look closely, my eyes are welling.” He added.

I laughed. He was such a pansy when it came to spiders. Well I didn’t exactly have much room to talk, I was afraid of spiders, but he was a man! Men weren’t supposed to be afraid of spiders. When we got back out to the hummer, Matt started handing out Burger King bags and I held my hand out for mine.

“Oh woops, I only got six bags of food. Shit, my bad.” He said, pulling out his burger and biting into it.

“That’s cool, not you can share with me.” I said, shoving my hand into the bag and taking some fries.

“Hey!” He yelled, mouth full. “Get your own damn food.”

I got out of the vehicle and slammed the door behind myself. I went into the building in front of me and then pulled out the twenty in my pocket. I un-crumpled it and walked up to the cashier.

“Can I help you?” She asked.

I was a little distracted I will admit, by the throbbing pimple on her nose, but I snapped out of it just in time to make it obvious.

“Uh, I’ll have the chef salad with ranch dressing please.” I said.

It took her a little longer than necessary to get the salad for me, I however was patient enough to wait for her to bring it to me. When I got into the hummer, the vehicle was far from silent.

“No! Jimmy give me back my fries!” I heard Kacie yell.

“Not until you tell us which one out of the band you like!” He yelled.

“Fine then, I’ll starve.” She said, sitting back in her seat.

I sat down in my seat and dressed my salad evenly. I then began eating. After Matt had finished, he began driving again. We were almost to the venue and Matt had still not said a word to me. Kacie and the other four were still arguing about who she liked. I knew how stubborn she was and she wouldn’t tell them. I knew.

“Fine, whatever. So Cass, who do you like?” Brian asked.

“No one now.” I explained.

They all shut their mouths. They knew I had meant Matt.

“Ok, you two need to stay out of the way while we men go to work.” Jimmy said.

“Yeah, men who are afraid of little spiders.” Kacie mocked.

I heard a bunch of ‘only Jimmy is!’ I had to laugh at how simple the guys were. Not simple as in stupid, but simple as in weird. I saw a piece of paper sitting on an amp in backstage. I walked over to it and picked it up. It read “set list” across the top. I began reading it.

1. Critical Acclaim
2. Almost Easy
3. Bat Country

When I read the fourth one I cringed. Dear God. I absolutely despise that song. Don’t ask me why, but I just don’t like it at all.

“Why Dear God?” I asked, clearly disgusted.

“Why be stupid? Oh yeah you were born that way.” Matt said. “Because we feel like it.”

When he left I grinned sheepishly. I found a nearby pencil and walked over to the coffee table in between the two couches in the green room. I erased “Dear God” and put “And All Things Will End,” in its place. Matt would have fun trying to figure that one out. Let’s see if he’s really as great as he says he is. Their manager came by and grabbed the set list from me.

“And All Things Will End?” He asked.

I shrugged. “Matt said that’s what he and the band wanted to do.”

“Alright, if that’s what they want.” He said, leaving.

I couldn’t help but smirk at my genious. After the guys spent a few hours warming up and getting ready, they were out on stage impressing the huge crowd of people. After Bat Country was over Matt talked about how excited he was to be here in Boston. I had to laugh. You always knew that they only said that to make you happy. The beginning of “And All Things Will End” started up and the look on Matt’s face was priceless. It was a mix between pissed off and shock. Maybe from now on he would actually talk to the whole band about the set list. I just couldn’t believe he really hadn’t noticed that I changed the set list. Oh well, this song was so much better than “Dear God.”

As soon as they were done with the concert, Matt came storming over to me with the set list in hand. He shoved it at me.

“I’m hope you’re happy!” He yelled.

“Just as happy as you where when you didn’t get me my food.” I said with a smile.

“I liked it.” Brian whispered.

“There’s no getting through to Matt is there?” I asked.

“If I were you, I would try to get along with him better.” Brian said.

“He’s got a point. I mean, you’re stuck with us for a week, you may as well make the best of it.” Johnny explained.

“Yeah but it’s hard to enjoy myself when he’s here being an ass. I mean, I’m not going to just let him get away with doing some of the stuff he’s doing to me.” I said.

“It will all be worth it in due time.” Kacie said, putting a caring arm around me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys all liked it! You need to read SurfSkittles She's amazing and her stories are great. I mean, what's better than ZV am I right?