Booze, Boys, and Buses

Chapter Seven

So Matt, to say the least, was a little pissed off. I didn’t go and get him his cereal when he asked, but do you think I cared? I wasn’t going to let him talk down to me like that and still get what he wanted.

“So you wanna kick me in the nuts?” He asked.

“Whatever would make the ego go down.” I said.

“You think I have a big ego? What about Syn? He’s got a bigger ego than I've got!” He exclaimed.

“Yeah but he’s not an asshole about it!” I yelled back. I wasn't planning on yelling but he started it. Trying to avoid an argument I decided now might be a good time to go to the store. “I’m going to the store to buy some green tea, is there anything you want?”

Ok, I know I said that I wasn’t going to buy him what he wanted, but I just wasn’t a naturally mean person. I actually have quite the guilty conscience.

“Nah, I’m all set.” He said.

When I left the bus, I couldn’t believe it, but I actually saw a grin. It was a small, but definitely prominent smile on his face. I smiled myself, for one of the first times here. Jimmy was hanging out outside and was all too excited with seeing his breath in the air. He was pretending that he was smoking.

“Why don’t you just get a cigarette?” I asked.

“Because simple things amuse simple minds.” Zachary said on his way into the bus.

I couldn’t help but laugh at that. Who could? I walked over to the hummer and got into the driver’s seat. I started it and the heater turned on. It filled the car, making it warm and welcoming. I drove out of the parking lot where the bus was parked. I drove to the nearby grocery store and went inside. I walked over to the drink aisle and picked up a gallon of green tea. That was when my guilt took over. I sighed and walked to the cereal aisle and picked up some cinnamon toast crunch. I figured that I would try to make amends somehow. I don’t know exactly what I had done wrong in the first place, but I was willing to try and fix it. I hated fighting with people. I drove back to the venue and sighed when I saw Jimmy standing near the door screaming something.

“What’s going on?” I asked, getting out of the hummer.

“Kacie wanted to go to a club and I got a little bit excited.” He said.

“Uh huh, I see. Just a little bit though.”

“Yeah just the tiniest bit.” He said.

I walked inside with the small amount of groceries in my hands. I handed Matt the box of cereal and walked over to the mini-fridge and put the green tea in there.

“What’s this for?” He asked.

“You wanted some more, so I bought you some more. Are you coming to the club tonight?” I asked.

“No, probably not. Last time I went to a club, something horrible happened.” He said.

“So what are you going to just be a boring bum for the rest of your life?” I asked.

“You don’t even understand what it’s like to love someone and have them just leave you for a random guy at a bar.” He said.

“But Val wouldn’t do that. Are you sure she didn’t have some sort of past with this guy?” I asked.

“I don’t know. Why am I even telling you? It’s none of your business.”

“Whatever.” I said.

I left the bus and went outside. Jimmy was talking ecstatically to Johnny about the upcoming night. My thoughts wandered to tomorrow and how it was going to be the last day we spent with them and I was pondering on how I wanted to spend it. We were supposed to be driving to Connecticut tomorrow, but I didn’t want to go. I just wanted to hang out with the guys for a little while longer.

“So is Matt going?” Brian asked.

“He said no because he doesn’t want a reminder of what happened last time.” I explained.

“Wow, this could cause some major band problems. It’s like our band is falling apart. Matt doesn’t ever go do anything fun with us anymore. He needs a girlfriend to get him back on track.” He said.

“How long have he and Val been broken up?” I asked.

“For about a year now.” He explained with a somber expression on his face.

“A year?!” I exclaimed. “How come I didn’t know about this? I’m such a huge fan and everything!”

“We really wanted to keep it covered. People know what follows relationship breakups, and that’s band breakups. We don’t want people thinking that something like that might happen to us.”

“Don’t worry, your secret is safe with Kacie and I.” I promised knowing that she would never tell anyone either.

I went into the shower because I wanted to make sure I got one in before the guys took over. The bathroom would be a pigsty by the time they got done.

“Shit!” I heard someone yell as they ran into the bathroom.

“What are you doing in here?” I asked truly curious as to why someone would burst in when they knew full well I was in here.

“Trying to look at your hot ass.” Jimmy said in a smooth voice. I knew he was smirking.

“Oh man, just shut up Jimmy.” I said.

I peeked out to see what he was doing and I got a sight of what Leana sees a fair amount of.

“Oh my god!” I yelled hoping that I wouldn’t be forever blinded.

“Don’t look! I had to pee really bad!”

I sighed and closed the curtain again. After I got out of the shower, I combed my hair and dressed myself. My shirt was a Pac-Sun low cut shirt with a green, lacy tank top on underneath. I then put on a black mini-skirt. I walked out to the kitchen area and sat down. Matt was sitting across the table from me. I ignored him and played with my hair out of boredom.

“I heard that you got a peek of Jimmy’s manhood!” Johnny came in yelling.

“Will you all just shut the fuck up? You’re so loud.” Matt said.

“Well party pooper, sorry that we’re all excited and you’re staying here on your own.” I said.

“Well, to fuck with you. You’re such a bitch sometimes.”

“Yeah Matt and you’re the nicest person I ever met!” I exclaimed as the sarcasm dripped from my lips.

“Well thanks, that’s so nice of you!” He said dishing it back out.

I grumbled and left the room. Everyone else was hyped up and ready to go. All except for Kacie who was still dressing her face with makeup. Johnny would run into the bathroom and make a sound and a face, then Jimmy would and then Johnny again, and so forth. And they wondered why it was taking her so long to do her hair and makeup. They ended up practically dragging her out of the bathroom.

“Ok! Ok, I’m coming.” She said exasperatedly.

I will admit, the guys looked hot. Matt really needed to go, it would have helped him with his Val problem I think. He just needed to have some fun. I didn’t want to be the one to bug him to go though, he didn’t like me as it was, so I didn’t want to make it worse. We all piled into the hummer and Jimmy started it up.

“Why are you driving? I honestly don’t trust you with my life.” Kacie commented to Jimmy.

“Hey! I can drive biatch!” He said as he glared at her through the mirror.

“Fine, but stop yelling, I’m starting to get a headache from your mouth.” She complained while rubbing her temples.

Jimmy grumbled. Not like words or anything, just making a noise. I laughed, but for the most part kept quiet. I don’t know if I was starting to get jealous or something, but it felt to me like Kacie was getting all of the guys’ attention. I mean, they all seemed to like her alright, and they seemed to like me alright, but I didn’t feel as “part of the group” as she looked. I wondered how tonight was going to go.

“Here we are.” Jimmy said, pulling into the parking lot of the club.
We climbed out and headed to the door. I had to flash my ID to indicate I was twenty one years of age. I was actually turning twenty two in March. Only five months from now. Yeah I know it was a bit cold to be wearing a mini skirt, but I wanted to look hot! And from the way Jimmy looked at me every once in a while, I did look hot.

The club didn’t look overly extravagant. I walked inside and I could feel the music throbbing in my throat. The lights probably wouldn’t be too helpful to Kacie’s headache. Neither would the alcohol.

“Tonight girls, everything is on us!” Zachary said.

Kacie’s POV

“Will you dance with me?” Zacky asked as he gave me a sweet smile.

How could I say no to that face? I had to give in. Even though I knew we would be grinding. I thought we were too much on a friend level to do something like that. When I replied with a yes, he grabbed my hand and pulled me out onto the dance floor. At first we danced apart but as we started getting more and more comfortable out there, we moved closer together. I pressed my bottom onto him and gave it a good grind. An instant hard on, no doubt. I heard him chuckle slightly. I continued to feel him up and then I pulled a fast one.

“I need to use the bathroom.” I said.

He didn’t seem too happy with that, but I really wasn’t sure about what I was doing. He had only broken up with Gena about a year ago. What if he still had some feelings for her and I ended up as a rebound. What about Cassandra? If Zacky and I ended up together, I would end up moving in with him no doubt. She would have to find herself a place of her own. I guess I would talk him into paying for her apartment. Shit. This was silly of me, always thinking way too far ahead into things. All we’d done was grind! We didn’t even kiss, and as if Zacky Vengeance actually wanted me. I walked back out into the club and spotted Matt by the doorway. I cocked an eyebrow. He had better not have been here to hurt Cassandra. I walked over to him and took him outside.

“What are you doing here? You said that you weren’t going to come. And how the hell did you get here?” I said.

“I took a cab and I know, but everyone wanted me to come out of my best interest in mind. I won’t talk to Cassandra I promise. But I wanted to come and chill with the guys. We always used to do this and then we stopped. It’s all my fault. She’s right you know, that I’m a bum.” He said.

“Ok, but if I see her crying or in any sort of pain at all, I’m going to fuck you up more than you are right now.” I said.

“Ok, I promise she won’t get hurt. Are you going to let me in now?”

“Yes.” I replied, moving out of the way of the door.

I watched him walk inside and steer away from Cassandra. He walked right over to Brian and Brian hugged him. You could tell that he was happy for him to come. Cassandra was talking to the bartender. Jimmy and Johnny were grinding. Wasn’t that a sight! Zacky was egging them on, but once he noticed me, he walked over to me. All he did was smile and I knew he wasn't mad at me.

Cassandra’s POV

I watched Matt walk into the bar and look around and then walk over to Brian. Brian seemed happy that he came. I wasn’t. Now not only was I not going to enjoy myself, but I was going to not enjoy myself with my arch enemy around. I sighed and asked the bartender for another shot. He handed it to me and I pounded it into me, I didn’t want to get hammered, so I vowed that that was my last one, but that idea was short lived. I was starting to get a buzz, and I had five other people to compete with. I don’t exactly ever put Kacie into the equation. She’s not much of a drinker. I was only a drinker on social occasions. Even then, Kacie didn’t like it. Correction, she just didn't like it when I was drunk off my ass. I continued to ask for shots until I was too drunk to even speak on my own. Kacie was starting to get a little mad at me.

“Cassandra! You know how I feel about that stuff!” She said.

“Man I love you guys.” I said to the group before me. “Oh no! Oh no!” I yelled. I knew this feeling all too well and it wasn't going to be pretty.

Not even five seconds later my stomach contents were on the dance floor. The bartender didn’t look to overly excited about that.

“Come on, we’re going to the bus.” Matt said, grabbing me.

“No, I can still drink. How about another round! All for me.” I slurred in my drunkenness .

“No we’re going back!” He yelled, picking me up bridal style. “And don’t you dare throw up on me or I’ll beat your ass, female or not.”

“Fuck you Matt.” I said really not feeling well.

I started to cry. I didn’t appreciate being talked to like that. Or was he even being mean to me? I couldn’t tell. I had been drinking too much.

“Oh shit.” I said getting that feeling once again as Matt stopped walking once we reached the door of the club.

This happened to me the first time I got drunk. If I stopped moving, I got sick. I ended up throwing up on Matt. He instantly dropped me on the floor. And then he started yelling something. The only thing the others could do was try to drag me out to the hummer. Wasn’t that a mess. I started falling and falling. It was near impossible to get me to actually walk on my own. As soon as they got into the hummer, they went through a lot of trouble to find a bucket. They found something, I don’t know what it was, but they found something for me to throw up in. Kacie started bitching at me, all I could do was laugh.

“This isn’t fucking funny Cassandra! I don’t like this sort of thing and here you are getting drunk on me! I hope you enjoy your last day with these guys tomorrow! Fucking fuck! Damn it you’re right fucking dumb.” She said in a fit of fury.

“Ha-ha! Right dumb!” I laughed.

It felt to me like we arrived back at the bus faster than it took us to get to the club. That’s probably because I got drunk. I hadn’t meant to get drunk. But once you get a buzz, you think “oh, I’m ok to keep on going,” and then you do and you see where it gets you. When I lay down on my bed in the bus, the room started spinning. I threw up again, but this time I was taken to the toilet. And that was that. Then all I could do was dry heave. I was taken back to my bed and I was soon sound asleep.

“No! Because if I wake her up, I’ll hit her and smack some sense into her.” Kacie said.

My eyes fluttered open and I was staring at the bottom of the bunk above me. I turned over and looked at the clock. It said that it was one in the morning. I took the pillow and put it over my face. I felt horrible. I got up and ignored anyone who had anything to say and went to the bathroom. I got into the shower because I felt disgusting. When I washed myself I felt like I was washing all of last night’s issues away. When I got out, I changed into some clean pajamas and went back to bed.

“No, you kept us up all night, you aren't going to bed.” Brian said.

“But I can’t stay awake! I’m so tired.” I complained. “I’m so tired.”

“Good. You deserve something for doing that.” Kacie said.

“Kacie, I’m sorry for doing that. I really didn’t mean to.” I said.

“Save the apology for someone who hasn’t heard that story before.” She said.

“Oh my god Kacie, it’s no big deal.”

“Whatever, I don’t want to hear it. You said all of this to me last time you got drunk. I don’t care, I just want to try to enjoy the rest of the time that we have with the guys while you suffer from a hangover.” She said, leaving the bus.

I sighed. All I wanted to do at this point was sleep. And sleep I did.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you all enjoyed it! Make sure you do me the favor of reading surskittles stories! She is amazing :)) <<double chin smiley