Because

Ah ha

My life was one big version of Across The Universe, SGT. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band, and Abbey Road. I rode on a yellow submarine when I was five. My grandpa left my family when he was 64. I actually took a trip to England and walked across Abbey Road.

So when I met Jack Barakat, he became a part of my ever-growing Beatles-life style. In fact, he had his own song. Because. He was my because. You would have thought, because the both of us were never seen without the other (yes, even on dates), that we would have been a couple.

We were far from that, despite my feelings.

Yes, I was that pathetic best friend that was in love with the other best friend, but never told him. I didn't care, I just wanted to be close to Jack. And after that, it was like the cd that was my life was stuck on repeat, playing Because over and over again.

Because I loved him, I had to get over him, right? Because I loved him, I had to let him skip college and go off with All Time Low right after high school, right? Because he was my best friend, I'd have to watch him with girlfriend after girlfriend. It hurt, I won't lie.

I stuck around Baltimore while Alex, Rian, Zack, and Jack all went and came back from Tour, me missing them more than the last time. But these were my boys, and I supported them no matter what. I even stood by them when Jack came home, drunk beyond belief at the celebration part for So Wrong's first nomination at the VMAs.

Things started going wrong then.

Throughout every tour, I'd get a good batch of phone calls, e-mails, letters, pictures, and little souveniers from around the country, via Jack. But after that party, where Jack had nearly accidentally planted a big wet one on me, none of that was recieved by me. I never got any thing.

I called and called and called, sent e-mails, texts, and even tried contacting Alex, Rian, and Zack, but I never heard from Jack that tour. I was told, towards the end of the tour that I'd be surprise greatly when I got to the concert on the last day, up in Boston.

Indeed I was.

I payed attention to Every Avenue, The Maine, Mayday Parade and finally All Time Low enough to know something was going on. Lights dimmed, Jack looked way beyond nervous, and he seemed to be vastly interested in his pocket.

He looked me in the eye (or so I thought he did) and smiled, pointing an Event Staff dude in my direction. All the girls surrounding me glared as the big black dude in front of the stage helped me up and over the bars, holding back the crowd from the band.

I was helped onto the stage from both the back and front before pulling down my Mayday Parade shirt (which was actually supposed to be a joke that only the ATL dudes and I would get) and waiting for.....something to happen.

Jack moved around me and stared at me before pulling a really long rainbow necklace out of his pocket. It was his favorite thing in the world, mostly because I had bought it for him when we were younger.

"There's a better reason for giving this back to you because I don't want to be your friend," he said, just so only I could hear. "You told me, when you gave it to me, to give it to the person that means the most to you in the world, and that's you, Amber. You mean the most to me because, when I tried to take you out of my mind and forget about you altogether, I only saw you when I blinked, when I slept, when I thought.

"So I want you to have it, because when I think about you, when someone says your name, when I know that you're worried about me, I feel like something's missing. I realize now that that something is you."

My jaw dropped, but only long enough for my Because to be come my If I Fell.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it, Amber!