Sing Me A Song, We'll Write A Story About It

I'm Begging You On Bended Knee

Have you ever messed something up? Like really messed something up? I’ve made a lot of mistakes in my life, but I’ve never regretted one as much as I do now.

Have you ever lost the love of your life? Not due to death, but due to you? I just kept making mistake after mistake until finally she had enough and just walked out, she just walked out. I’m so in love with her, and now she’s gone.

Darlin' I can't explain
Where did we lose our way
Girl it's drivin' me insane
And I know I just need one more chance
To prove my love to you
If you come back to me
I'll guarantee
That I'll never let you go


I kept putting things off. Kept putting her off, and I really just couldn’t help it. Not with my job, I couldn’t be there with her all of the time. I know we could handle the distance, our four year relationship showed that we could. I know she knew what she was getting into when we started dating, but she really didn’t care.

I just want her back.

Can we go back to the days our love was strong
Can you tell me how a perfect love goes wrong
Can somebody tell me how to get things back
The way they use to be
Oh God give me a reason
I'm down on bended knee
I'll never walk again until you come back to me
I'm down on bended knee


I can’t help but think back to all of the good times.

Waking up with her in my arms. Chasing her around, her laughter filling the house. The time I put in the swing on our front porch for her so she can enjoy the summer nights, and winter mornings. The day I surprised her with a Yorkie that she named Chanel after her favorite designer. The garden she was so determined to plant. The oak tree in the back yard with our initials carved into it.

So many nights I dream of you
Holding my pillow tight
I know I don't need to be alone
When I open up my eyes
To face reality
Every moment without you
It seems like eternity
I'm begging you, begging you come back to me


She won’t answer her phone. I know where she is, but she doesn’t want me to go to her. She’ll come back on her own, if she ever decides to. I’m trying to give her the space she wants, but I can’t live without her, she’s my everything. Without her I have nothing.

My bed is so cold and empty without her lying next to me. My side is so numb without her cuddled into it. My heart is lost without her heart to synchronize its beat with. I’ve tried a pillow, it never worked. All it was good for was holding it, burying my face into it and weeping.

Weeping for my broken heart, weeping for hope, weeping silently.

Can we go back to the days our love was strong
Can you tell me how a perfect love goes wrong
Can somebody tell me how to get things back
The way they use to be
Oh God give me a reason
I'm down on bended knee
I'll never walk again until you come back to me
I'm down on bended knee


My family loves her. All of the holidays, dinners, tours, everything. She was like a sister to my brothers, a daughter to my parents.

”Joseph, if you ever marry a girl, it better be her.”

My mother wanted to make it official. Make her officially part of the family. She told me she was the girl I needed to marry, nobody else would ever measure up to her, that she was the one for me.

And I believed every word she said.

I know she’s the one, the only person I will ever marry, the only person I will ever have kids with, the only person I will ever grow old with. She was simply the one.

Gonna swallow my pride
Say I'm sorry
Stop pointing fingers the blame is on me
I want a new life
And I want it with you
If you feel the same
Don't ever let it go
You gotta believe in the spirit of love
It can heal all things
We won't hurt any more
No I don't believe our love's terminal
I'm down on my knees begging you please
Come home


I’ve never been one to admit I was wrong. Never been the one to say “I’m sorry”, but for her I would. I would say it a million times if it meant she would come back. I know it’s my fault, it’s always been my fault. She’s always loved me unconditionally, never faltering.

My knees hit the floor, praying, begging God that he’ll bring her back. I just want her back.

Can we go back to the days our love was strong
Can you tell me how a perfect love goes wrong
Can somebody tell me how to get things back
The way they use to be
Oh God give me a reason
I'm down on bended knee
I'll never walk again until you come back to me
I'm down on bended knee


Frankie used to beg to spend the night at our house. She was always up for it, most of the time even suggesting it. Nick would come sometimes too and we’d stay up all night, watching movies, making smores, and playing board games. It was great how they looked up to her. How they went to her when they needed advice. Even Kevin went to her.

I went to Kevin and my parents, I asked them how to get her back. But they couldn’t answer it. This was my problem, only her and I could bring her back.

Then the day came. I was praying, begging God again when I heard the sound of her heels on the wood floor. I smelt her Chanel perfume as it engulfed the house and my senses. I felt her hand on my shoulder.

I saw the tears in her eyes, the smile on her face. The look just poured love, and I know she saw it too when she looked at me.

“Baby, I’m so sorry. It’s all of my fault. Please, please stay. Lets get married. We can have the fairly tale wedding you always wanted and we’ll have a happy ending with children and grandchildren. Please just stay, don’t leave me again.”

I couldn’t help but cry.

“Shh, it’s okay Joe. I’m back, and I’m not going anywhere. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want you and only you.”

Wanna build a new life
Just you and me
Gonna make you my wife
Raise a family


“Will you marry me?”

”Yes."
♠ ♠ ♠
On Bended Knee by Boyz II Men

I love this song, and I just had to write a story based off of, and around it. Boyz II Men are amazing, I grew up listening to them with my older sister.

I understand it was a little umm...I guess you could say depressing, but the song is a sad song, and it's full of hope. And hopefully I conveyed that in my writing.

So, what'd you think of it?