Hundreds of Reasons

Finale

When we got home, I noticed two foreign cars parked in the street. I chuckled at one of them, noticing an action figure of Darth Vader upon the dashboard. Obviously, it was either Mikey's or Gerard's. Those two boys seriously loved Star Wars.

I pulled my bag out of the trunk while Bob and Frank were bouncing around happily. I grinned at them and shut the trunk. Gerard smiled sweetly at me and put his arm around my shoulders, lightly kissing the top of my head. We walked up to the door together. When Frank pulled open the doors, I heard one person yell "Surprise!" at the top of their lungs. Ray ran a hand through his hair and sighed.

"You guys didn't say it!" he hissed at someone in the room.

"Oh, she's here?" asked another.

"Duh!" Ray shot.

Ray smiled greatly at me and hurried over, capturing me in a bear hug. He let go and examined me, seeing if I had changed at all. His lips tilted in a crooked smile.

"Your hair looks pretty," he said.

"Thank, Ray," I replied, hugging him again.

Ray laughed and hugged me back, smoothing down my hair. When he let go, I noticed Mikey. He looked somewhat the same, but he had gotten taller and had changed his hairstyle. I smiled and ran over to him, hugging him. He hugged me back, swinging me back and forth slightly. I was a good six inches shorter than him, so he had successfully picked me up off of the ground.

"You look great," he told me.

"So do you, Mikes," I replied, smiling at him.

Mikey stared at me a moment longer, his lips twitching softly as he smiled. He set me down after a minute and looked around. I looked around also, searching for one person I had missed a lot also; Mom.

The kitchen door swung open at the thought, revealing my old Mom, Ms. Iero. She wasn't really my real Mom, but I did care for her a lot. She saved me from staying in different foster homes every month. I would always owe her for that.

"Ker!" she yelled, throwing her arms around me.

I laughed and clung onto her, shutting my eyes. She kissed the top of my head and held my face in her hands.

"You look gorgeous, Keri," she complimented.

"Thanks," I chuckled.

Mom smiled at me for a second before her eyes went wide. She grinned and hurried back into the kitchen, ordering us all to sit down. I took a seat on the familliar couch with my brother. He put his arm around my shoulder.

"I think she's making-" Bob mumbled.

"Pizza, anyone?" Mom asked, hurrying back into the room with a large plate of pizza.

The guys right away dove for the pizza. Mom slapped away their hands and glared at them, passing me a piece first. I smiled lightly and took a bite. I had missed her cooking. Some of the Iero recipes were really strange, but I grew to love them. Sure, my aunt was a good cook too. But her recipes were old, original.

I missed my variety at the Iero household.

When we all finished up our pizza, the guys insisted that I come listen to their new music they were writing. I right away dashed down the stairs, my hands curled around Gerard's and Frank's. I fell back onto the couch and hugged my knees to my chest, grinning like a little kid on Christmas. The guys all grabbed their instruments and set up the amps and microphones.

Gerard cleared his throat and messed with the collar on his shirt. I smiled at him.

"Don't be nervous. Just go nuts," I told him.

Gerard's lips grew into a grin. He nodded and shook out his hands. He counted down and tapped his foot as Bob began the song. I tapped my fingers as I learned the beat and began to smile even more. I wasn't sure how that was possible, but it happened.

"And if they get me and the sun goes down into the ground. And it they get me, take this spike to my heart. And if they get me and the sun goes down. And if they get me take this spike and you put the spike in my heart!" Gerard sang.

The guys all got into it, jumping around and just being plain weird. By the time the song had finished, I was in stitches because of Gerard and Frank. Gerard and Frank gotten into three shin kicking wars throughout the whole song. I clapped and grinned at them.

"The song was amazing!" I said.

"Really?" Ray asked.

I nodded eagerly. The guys all exchanged happy, yet surprised looks. I frowned.

"Oh come on!" I yelled. "How could you guys be surprised? All of your music is amazing!"

Gerard shrugged. I slapped his shoulder, laughing. He grinned at me.

"I guess we are pretty rad," Bob sighed, running a hand through his hair dramatically.

"That's my Bob!" I laughed.

Bob laughed at me loudly, rolling his light blue eyes. They all sat down with me on the couch, though it was hard to squeeze everyone on. Mikey sat down on me, pretending I wasn't there at all. I gasped.

"Um, Mikes?" I asked.

Mikey looked around. "Did you guys hear something?"

They all shook their heads. "No, did you?"

"MIKEY!" I shrieked.

Mikey sighed and turned me as if my presence was annoying. "Yes, Keri?"

"Two words," I replied. "Get off."

Mikey put a hand to his heart and stared at me, glaring. "That was mean!"

"Oh you're such a baby!" I chuckled, slapping his head.

"Your baby," he answered, raising his eyebrows.

"Gross!" Ray laughed.

I rolled my eyes and smiled up at Mikey. He grinned back at me, his hazel eyes twinkling in the light from the lamp.

Later on, we all decided to head upstairs. I began to follow Frank up the stairs when something stopped me. Gerard smiled at me and kissed my cheek.

"I'm glad you're back," he sighed.

"Trust me, me too," I answered.