Status: I'm Editing this now. It won't change the story line and you can read the sequel. I'm just making it pretty and with no errors.

Don't Go Out in the Woods Tonight...

Red Door

"HEY KATE, Don't Slam The---"

Slam

"---door."

I let out a laugh as I bound down the back stairs. I feel sorry for my mother, but only till I get to the back fence of our yard. Well, it's not a fence really, it's a stone wall about ten feet high. Crazy, I know.

I stop at the red wood door, and pull in a deep breath. I push open the door to another world.

Okay, okay, You got me, it's not really a new world, but it feels like it. My house, of two weeks, is on the outskirts of a small town, and barely peeks out of the woods. My father says that the wood looks like a great brown and green beast, with its mouth open wide ready to shallow our house.

I laugh again as I start off through the trees, thinking that this forest would never resemble an angry beast to me. It's too full of life!

The birds, squirrels and even the random fox or two all seem to invite me into the Mt. Rainer forest. I gladly accepted, happily avoiding my new life in Maple Vally, Washington state.

I slow my run to a stop, barely avoiding a tree root that's trying to trip me. Why am I here, anyway? I ask myself.

Well, I guess it's because I was dragged here by my parents from my lovely existence in Hidden Valley, Pennsylvania. It was only so my parents could go back to collage and earn their degrees in Law and Medicine. And don't ask me which is which, I couldn't tell you, even if I tried.

A huge gust of wind hurtles through the woods, tossing my hair in all directions, like black smoke. I look up to the leaves, high above me and marvel at the changing colors. It'll be fall soon.

I refuse to think about school. ARRG! Too late.

I look back down at the ground and shuffle my feet in the dirt and leaves. I look back up again, thinking about how dark it is and how far out in the woods I am.

I sigh and turn back to home, glad that my father taught me how to use a map and compass. I don't really even worry about getting lost anymore.

After walking for forever I finally come back to the massive stone wall with the little wood door that's painted red.

I look back over my shoulder, into the vast expanse of my woods. Something runs behinds some trees, deep in the back expanses of the forest. It looks big and black and furry. Maybe a bear. Maybe not.

I let out a pent up breath and walk back into the yard, latching the door behind me. I smile to myself, because I know that I get to go back tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
New Story!!! This one is going to be fun fun fun!

Pictures coming soon! (if y'all want them)

:D