Status: I'm Editing this now. It won't change the story line and you can read the sequel. I'm just making it pretty and with no errors.

Don't Go Out in the Woods Tonight...

Life or Limb

"Lyzi!"

"KATE!" The girl screams back at me.

I give her a huge hug and pull back. I knew her back before I moved. She's one of my sisters friend. Only she's cool and so we're friend too, even though she's in collage. Her dark brown had grown out long and she had swept her bangs out to the side. And... and ...

"Your hair is straight!" I yell over the music.

'"I know, Darling." She swings us about, twisting around, swinging her hair in all directions and making her many bracelets clank around on her wrists. "Hey, where's Amelia?"

"Kitchen" I point back and start to slam the door behind me.

"HEY!" a voice calls "Is this how you treat guests?"

I twist around and pull the door back open. Standing in the doorway is girl around my age with dirty blond hair and hazel green eyes. She raised an eyebrow at me and stands there.

Next to her, leaning causally, against the door frame, looking at me from the corner of his eye, is some guy. He had the same hazel eyes, but his hair was a darker shade of brown

"Hello? Are you going to let us in or not?" The girl snapped her fingers in my face.

"Who are you?" I ask, bracing against the door.

"Duh, we're here for the party. Amelia called us like this morning." She tosses her hair and rolls her eyes. "I'm Kassi and this is my brother Mathew. We're invited and is that all, or do we need a secret password too? Swordfish."

With that she pushes past me and walks into the living room. Mathew pushes off the door frame and pauses. He looks at me, a slight smirk on his face. I don't think i particularly like him.

"Sorry about her." He says stepping into the house. "She can have a little bit of a... presence."

"A little?" I snort.

Mathew smirks and walks toward the kitchen. I turn and look out the door, checking for anyone else. When I don't see anyone I close it and start up the stairs again.

"KATE!" Amelia shouts "Get your back side back down here and keep answering the door!"

I turn and look out from the landing. I see her in the kitchen staring up at me, with her hands on her hips.

"I'm not your stupid slave!" I yell back.

"I know you're not stupid. And that's why you will be answering the door!"

As if on cue the doorbell rings over the music. I groan and come back downstairs. I grasp the handle and rip open the door so hard it swings back and hits the wall.

"Ah. I see you're still the same Kate." I look up at the person in at the door. I immediately stand up straight from babying my foot.

"Autumn? What are you doing here?" I grasp her into a hug. She sequels a little and hugs me back.

"I'm here for a job internship. When Amelia called me, I couldn't help but pop in." She giggles at me.

Her green eyes dance around, and her light brown hair blows around from the wind that seems to have picked up. I've known Autumn from around fifth grade. Of course, she was a high school freshmen at that time, but still.

I kick the door closed with my foot and walk into the living room with her. Amelia shuffles around Matthew and grabs me gentle by the arm.

"Dearest, darling, wonderful sister."

"You've hit the tap already?" I shake her arm off me

"Har Har, funny. Anyway. You still have to watch the door." Her laugh is a dry sense of humor.

"No" I run around her and dash to the back door. The door slams shut just as the doorbell rings again and Amelia yells at me.

I know that when I get back from the woods the house will be filled with drunk teens and collage kids. I shake my head and run harder. I don't even know how my sister managed to find them all. IT must be the college she's going to.

I stumble over a tree root. The ground comes up at me with a speed I didn't know was possible.

All the air is knocked out of my lungs. I roll over, facing the tops of the trees. I decide that this is a good enough place to rest.

I think over the direction and the distance I ran and all sorts of things laying in the fallen leaves. I think over one thing I might not want to, but I do anyway.

Troy

Why did he leave so suddenly? What 'lie' is he talking about? I have so many question, and no one is there to answer them.

I could go to his house. Wait... no I can't. I can't remember how to get there. GrrI can always see him at school, right? Yeah! I'll see him at school.

Wow, school. I can't believe that I've only been in school a week. More unbelievable is the fact that Troy... and I... are... Whatever we are. So what that he catches me Ever. Single. Time. I fall? Really,who care?

"Arrg" I roll over and hit the ground with my hand. I think I'm going crazy, talking to myself in the middle of the woods.

I get up slowly, moving everything it make sure nothing is broken. I get up and start walking slowly back home. I figure I want to be close to home when the moon rises and the sun sets.

No harm done to life or limb.
♠ ♠ ♠
THANK YOU to ever one who gave me ideas. I will probably be uses everyone who gave me a description, just because y'all are wonderful. oh yes credits for this chapter go to...

xSilentlyxFallingx~ Who is Lyzi
Squirrely.Kassi ~ Who is Kassi, and gave me info for Mathew.
fall123 ~ Who is Autumn

whew, that was harder than i thought.. :P anyway there will be somemore in to next chapter. BUT I STILL NEED GUY CHARACTERS!!!!

~LOVE AMBER!
XD