Status: I'm Editing this now. It won't change the story line and you can read the sequel. I'm just making it pretty and with no errors.

Don't Go Out in the Woods Tonight...

Sleeping Beauties

. . .

Ow.

Not the best first thought to have in the morning. But still I've got to admit, it's a natural response.

In my head, before I even think of opening my eyes, I list all my body parts in an attempt to make sure they're all there.

I've got my toes tucked under my blanket, nice and warm. I've got my legs and my torso. My arms are curled up in front of my face, and my head is resting on my pillow.

With my eyes still closed, I start waking up more. I start getting more aware of my breathing. And then get a pretty nasty shock.

Someone tightens their arm around me. Wrapping me tightly, and tucking me closer to their chest. My eyes snap open. I'm staring at someone 's shirt.

I take a deep breath in, trying to steady myself, and it hits me. They don't smell like alcohol. In fact they smell like the woods.

I push away enough to look up at the face. And sure enough, it's the one face I wanted to see.

"Troy..." I whisper, "Are you awake?"

"You sleep like an Ox."

His eyes open up and he smiles. I narrow my eyes, i'm not too pleased with the ox comment. I shove away from him and land on the ground. Which was a really bad idea, because to catch myself I push out my hand to land on.

My right hand. The one with the really huge cut across the palm.

A harsh breath rattles into my lungs. Troy leaps off the bed and sink onto the ground next to me. His arm reaches around me and pulls me up.

Tears burn on the inside of my eyes as we walk to the bathroom. Troy sets me down on the steamer truck, and pulls out the first aid kit.

"Thank you. You know, for sav-"

"I know." Troy interrupts me. "You're welcome."

He finishes re-bandaging my hand and puts away the first aid kit. I stand up and walk out of the bathroom. A moment later, I feel a strong arm wrap around me as I reach the stairs.

I look up at Troy. He just shakes his head. Don't want me going down the stairs, eh? I promise not to fall. I gently push him away and walk downstairs.

It smells like... yucky-ness, if that's even a word. There are cups laying everywhere. For each cup, is a person passed out on the floor, or couch, or coffee table.

"At least they're not dead." Troy says,

"Mhmm," I nod, "And that makes it better... how?"

"'Cause they're not dead, they can help clean up." Troy says, kicking an empty cup out of the way.

"Riiiiight, that's soooo going to happen." I roll my eyes and step over someone, "Not."

I walk into the kitchen, stepping over a couple more people. I pull open the cupboard and hand Troy two glasses. He takes them and fills them with club soda.

I watch as he takes them over to the table, the unceremonious home of all the alcohol. He takes two olives and drops them in. He hands me one, and starts to drink his own.

A smile spread across my face as he drinks. He stops and looks at me. Troy points to my drink and I shake my head and take a small sip.

"You're crazy." I whisper over the rim of the glass.

"I know." Troy steps closer to me, gently elbowing me. "That's why you like me."

"Hardly." I whisper.

Troy looks at me. Quickly, he leans in a gives my cheek a small kiss. Suddenly I hear a moan from the living room. To avoid Troy being me blush, I look in on the mass of party goers.

"Oh, look. The sleeping beauties are waking." I say, than look back at Troy, "Good thing, too. I was about to send you in there to start kissing th-"

Troy gives me a small kiss. Like he's testing the waters. I don't have words to respond with, so my mouth opens and closes like a fish. He looks at be, trying to gauge my thoughts, read my mind.

"Just... Just friends. Okay?"

There's a very long silence. Then he just nods and walks into the living room. I don't know who he really is. Or this 'lie' he says he has. He had said he was going to go home, but then showed up only a few hours later.

But, I do wonder... Where was he really?
♠ ♠ ♠
Fun stuff!

~LOVE AMBER~
XD

UPDATE!
I would like to dedicate this chapter to emunahberurah, because her comments mean so so soooo much to me!