Status: I'm Editing this now. It won't change the story line and you can read the sequel. I'm just making it pretty and with no errors.

Don't Go Out in the Woods Tonight...

Toward Home

"Kate. Kate?" The low rumble shakes me awake.

I look up at Troy. We're still laying in the grass, next to the stream, out in the woods. It's a lot darker now.

"Yes, Troy?" I answer him.

"It's going to rain soon." And then the low rumble came again.

I then realized that the rumble is from distant thunder. I sit bolt upright, tearing away from Troy. He sits up slowly as I jump up. I test the air, using my nose and ears, trying to tell were the storm was. But, more importantly, how long till it got here.

I start getting a little jittery because the air tastes wet and full of soon to fall rain. Troy stands up next to me. He taps my arm and then starts to walk away.

I follow closely behind him. I look up at the dark sky once more before heading beneath the trees. "Why does it always rain?

"You get use to it." Troy says.

"Huh?" I look at him.

"The rain," he says, "You get use to it.'

"How did you-"

"It was written on your face, Kate." His answer came.

I run up next to him and shove him with my elbow. I don't believe you. Troy let out a huff. I expect him to push me, but he just keeps walking. I glare at him, but follow close by his side.

Another rumble, louder than the others, growls through the forest like an angry beast. It's deathly silent after that. All the animals have disappeared; the bird and the squirrel holing up for the storm.

The night air tastes more and more like rain as we walk through the forest. I tuck my head low to my chest, watching my feet closely as I follow Troy.

A single bright and blinding flash races across my eyes and pauses all motion. Troy and I, the wind, the leaves, everything holds still till the thunder clashes along after the lightning.

Warm fingers intertwine together as Troy takes my hand and starts running. I hear the rain before I feel it.

If you are ever in the middle of the woods at night, and a rain storm sweeps in, you'll hear it too. I toss a look back and see that angry beast rushing forward.

Its like a wall of rain, racing and unstoppable. The rain fogs up the forest. The curtain of rain pelts through the leaves and strikes out at the ground. It sweeps past us, engulfing Troy and I in the wall of water.

I let out a little sequel as the rain pelts against my back. Troy looks back to me. I shake my head, saying I'm fine. I pick up the pace, staying right next to Troy's side.

Troy taps my arm and turns off to the left. We run back trough the clearing and jump the narrow stream. As I land lightly on the other side I realize where we're not going.

We're not headed towards my house.
♠ ♠ ♠
OH... where could they be going?!?!

hee hee the next couple chapters.... they're goin' be fun. to write and read.
Trust me, I'm the author.

~LOVE AMBER~
XD